Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:02:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is behind the curtain and What if they e-print more?  (Read 1587 times)
mrsramos (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 07:33:14 PM

Hi,

I'm new and I was all excited about this but I'm worried about someone hacking into the system and flooding it with bitcoins.

At first I thought there was a head/ lead person who might do this but actually, a Govt. that wants you to use their fiat currency that they devalue would be the most likely person to crack into the system and flood it with coins. The Govt doesn't want you to be free. They tax you through printing money and take  that money and give it to their friends and dictators they control around the world. There has to be some huge repercussions to this. This could really piss them off.

http://southbayliberty.com/b/The-federal-reserve_.gif

http://southbayliberty.com/b/None-are-more-hoplessly-enslaved.gif

http://southbayliberty.com/b/184887_1813122738683_1558483113_1783467_5813505_n.jpg
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PLATO

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 07:36:01 PM

ron paul 2012

All posts by me after 2012 were a compromised account. Probably by "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange". SORRY Y'ALL
ben-abuya

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2011, 07:39:05 PM

Basically, anyone investing in Bitcoins is betting that it can't be hacked that way. If we're all wrong, then Bitcoin is worthless as a currency and someone will have to either patch it, or come up with a better currency. To me, the cool thing about Bitcoin is that it's a revolutionary idea. Whether the specific Bitcoin code is uncrackable is more of a technical issue.

http://lamassubtc.com/
Lamassu Bitcoin Ventures
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2011, 07:39:47 PM

There is no curtain. All the code is open you can read every bit.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
cloud9

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 08:07:59 PM

That's the beauty of open source - everything is in the light for everybody not just for the enlightened ones.

kidgorgeous

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 09:40:53 PM

That's the beauty of open source - everything is in the light for everybody not just for the enlightened ones.

Well not technically, how many people here actually understand the nitty gritty details of the protocol? I'm sure enough do but if you're really concerned about trivial bitcoin generation learn some cryptography or hirer a cryptography expert.

1KHxCRniFNmS7ChiPqaewmokuCABk2PRQn
luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 10:11:38 PM

I'm constantly surprised at how many of my friends that I tell bitcoin about say "well what if the guy who made it just makes more."  After I just finished explaining to them how cryptography and one way functions work.

Horkabork

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 10:43:52 PM

Oh man I just looked behind the bitcoin curtain and all I saw were hundreds of naked, writhing bodies and some kind of multi-armed stabbing robot wading around, beeping at things (and then sometimes stabbing them, obviously). There was a cat high up on a large golden toilet, for some reason. I think he was in charge, as his meows were played over a loudspeaker. Off in the distance were four apes guarding the door to the encryption room. They looked pretty tough, even by famously-rigorous Ape Standards. The biggest one had a nose ring and was wearing brass knuckles on both his hands and his feet.

The screaming alone was enough to deter me from ever wanting to look again. I couldn't imagine someone actually making it through the door into the encryption room, even if they were armed with a good crossbow and perhaps a blackjack or mace. Hmmm a decent sjambok or jutte might work, though, but I don't want to try because my agility is only 7 because I took a lot of points in constitution and charisma.

Anyway, that curtain is there for a reason, pal.

Me: 15gbWvpLPfbLJZBsL2u5gkBdL3BUXDbTuF
A goat: http://i52.tinypic.com/34pj4v6.jpg
Coma

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 11:51:26 PM

Oh man I just looked behind the bitcoin curtain and all I saw were hundreds of naked, writhing bodies and some kind of multi-armed stabbing robot wading around, beeping at things (and then sometimes stabbing them, obviously). There was a cat high up on a large golden toilet, for some reason. I think he was in charge, as his meows were played over a loudspeaker. Off in the distance were four apes guarding the door to the encryption room. They looked pretty tough, even by famously-rigorous Ape Standards. The biggest one had a nose ring and was wearing brass knuckles on both his hands and his feet.

The screaming alone was enough to deter me from ever wanting to look again. I couldn't imagine someone actually making it through the door into the encryption room, even if they were armed with a good crossbow and perhaps a blackjack or mace. Hmmm a decent sjambok or jutte might work, though, but I don't want to try because my agility is only 7 because I took a lot of points in constitution and charisma.

Anyway, that curtain is there for a reason, pal.

How many bitcoins a month to get your ass full-time continuing THGTTG saga?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: