Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:32:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-XT - the next big altcoin  (Read 1082 times)
s1gs3gv (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 11:15:10 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2015, 11:57:10 PM by s1gs3gv

Now that Mike and Gavin have announced their intention to hard fork Bitcoin to implement blocksize changes, lots of people in Bitcoin land are reasonably concerned about the breakdown of existing consensus-based BTC change control policies.

But if you think of Bitcoin-XT (horrible choice of name IMO as it reminds me of Windows-XT right away, which is enough to make anybody gag) as just another altcoin, whats the problem ? You could give it the short name BXT and nobody would complain.

Let them have an independent block chain instead of piggybacking on the Bitcoin block chain and what could go wrong ?
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 12:41:30 AM

Now that Mike and Gavin have announced their intention to hard fork Bitcoin to implement blocksize changes, lots of people in Bitcoin land are reasonably concerned about the breakdown of existing consensus-based BTC change control policies.

But if you think of Bitcoin-XT (horrible choice of name IMO as it reminds me of Windows-XT right away, which is enough to make anybody gag) as just another altcoin, whats the problem ? You could give it the short name BXT and nobody would complain.

Let them have an independent block chain instead of piggybacking on the Bitcoin block chain and what could go wrong ?

Let the Bitcoin bigwigs fight it out as the mighty sea of Altcoins overtakes the World!
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:06:55 AM

Any coin except Bitcoin can be named Altcoin, and only the position of Bitcoin can't be replaced.so...
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:51:54 AM

There are always ppl who are against the increase of blocksize. Probably we could adjust the 20M blocksize increase to 8M, in order to satisfy the request of Chinese miners. Five Chinese pools take up 60% of overal bitcoin hashing power! If they choose to XT, then the XT will become the main chain. Once it launches, old bitcoin core chain will be abandoned fork in which any bitcoin has no value at all. Bitcoiners will swith to new chain as quickly as possible!
s1gs3gv (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 12:10:00 PM

There are always ppl who are against the increase of blocksize. Probably we could adjust the 20M blocksize increase to 8M, in order to satisfy the request of Chinese miners. Five Chinese pools take up 60% of overal bitcoin hashing power! If they choose to XT, then the XT will become the main chain. Once it launches, old bitcoin core chain will be abandoned fork in which any bitcoin has no value at all. Bitcoiners will swith to new chain as quickly as possible!

Centralization was the death of Bitcoin. RIP.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 12:44:54 PM

I'll say one thing about the BitcoinXT QT client: it's surprisingly quick. Fourteen hours ago, my computer shut down due to overheating and I had to resynch all the qt wallets I was running after I had broken out the dust vacuum. Wink I had to delete the blocks & start again. Bitcoin QT, which I had started to synch off-and-on, was one of them. I've been running it continuously for only fourteen hours, starting with the genesis block, and I'm almost half-way done. It looks like I'll be fully synched - from start to finish, in less than 36 continuous hours.

Please remember, this is a Bitcoin qt I'm talking about. I expected it to take weeks!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: