Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:21:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Minor trust score algorithm change  (Read 7299 times)
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:00:03 PM

??? is a valid score in the new algorithm.

Then at least he doesn't have a "negative" trust red score but a pink one ... really cool.

Thanks again for the reply.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Neotox
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

Free & Fast Neotox Escrow http://bit.ly/1OGVykp

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 07:00:36 PM

There are some useful changes, but the first score needs to be rescaled. It varies too much if one trust is added or removed. Makes anyone in Default trust much more powerful and those outside it more worthless.

Muhammed Zakir's rating shows as ???

already reported about this ?? ? bug to admin theymos

The code is : if(score < 0)
         return ?? ? (orange)

Hence it returned ?? ?
Ah, I think its not a bug but a new trust symbol

Edit: admin theymos confirmed this, new trust symbol ?? ?

Available
PM me to rent this space.
peligro

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:02:08 PM

@theymos what is the thinking behind increasing the numbers? It makes changes too much. Was it to increase the strength of DefaultTrust?

Currently, even 1 trade with a DefaultTrust means becoming green soon. Earlier one had to wait a lot of time to become green trusted. It also makes changes abrupt. Muhammed Zakir went from ??? to +5 with one change in feedback.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:08:44 PM

It looks like no matter what if the last feedback you receive is negative then you will either have a ?? ? Trust score or a negative score. Look at TECSHARE for example, his rating from Vod means he has a question mark rating.

Also TF has a negative 9999 rating lol.
Neotox
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 07:15:06 PM

It looks like no matter what if the last feedback you receive is negative then you will either have a ?? ? Trust score or a negative score. Look at TECSHARE for example, his rating from Vod means he has a question mark rating.

not always
I have seen users who received both positive and negative feedbacks and still has black trust ratings with first number 0

Edit: looks like trust system is not completely done, i have a seen a user who received 2 positive trusts around 6 months ago and few later as well as few negative feedback but still his trust rating is black with first number Zero (0). it should be either green or red because trust ratings are old. also total number of users who sent him trust are higher on his trust page then shown in third number in trust score

Available
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 07:15:49 PM

I was freaked at first to see the change but then i looked up in Meta to find this.
Though am not disappointed but the previous Algo was better.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 07:17:52 PM

There is no decay. Ratings grow in weight from 1 to 10, then stay at 10 forever. (If the rated person has no negatives.)

Oh derp, I thought "months since rating" would be counting down for some reason.

marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:19:08 PM

not always
I have seen users who received both positive and negative feedbacks and still has black trust ratings with first number 0

For example: my trust.
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12968

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:21:38 PM

It looks like no matter what if the last feedback you receive is negative then you will either have a ?? ? Trust score or a negative score.

Correct. Your trust network is assumed to consist of people who are basically reasonable. So if any trusted ratings are negative (which means "this person is probably a scammer, watch out!"), then this should be taken very seriously. That's why a single negative rating can easily cause a loss of 100+ trust points in this new algorithm. And if the most recent rating is negative, then this is a strong indicator that the person may have been running a long con which has turned into a full-blown scam.

If anyone is abusing this by reposting negative trust unnecessarily or giving out negative trust too easily, then you should remove them from your trust network.

@theymos what is the thinking behind increasing the numbers? It makes changes too much. Was it to increase the strength of DefaultTrust?

You'll get used to the larger numbers. DefaultTrust doesn't get any sort of advantage as far as I can tell.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:22:03 PM

not always

No I don't think:

chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 07:22:26 PM

not always

I see you Green

Neotox
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 07:24:56 PM

not always

yes. you trust is still black while you have 6 months old positive trust ratings

Available
tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:25:56 PM

Looks like Tecshare will have something to converse again about Tongue But all jokes aside, why does his show up as this for me? A bug in the system?

peligro

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:27:12 PM

You'll get used to the larger numbers. DefaultTrust doesn't get any sort of advantage as far as I can tell.

What is the issue with the earlier numbers?

DefaultTrust gets an advantage. Earlier, one default feedback still means 10 months remaining black and slowly increasing number. Now, all one has to do is manage one default feedback and very soon it is green. Similar is the case for moving from light green to dark green.

Advantages of trading with DefaultTrust members went up even more, they are going to get bargains now.
Neotox
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 07:27:35 PM

@ redsn0w
@ chronicsky

you see marco's rating green because you left him positive feedbacks also
Me and other users who doesn't left him positive feedbacks see it in black, not green
Trust:   0: -2 / +4

Available
Neotox
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 07:28:35 PM

Looks like Tecshare will have something to converse again about Tongue But all jokes aside, why does his show up as this for me? A bug in the system?

http://i60.tinypic.com/2428pz9.png

it was already explained here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1066857.msg11433109#msg11433109

Available
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:29:17 PM

DefaultTrust gets an advantage. Earlier, one default feedback still means 10 months remaining black and slowly increasing number. Now, all one has to do is manage one default feedback and very soon it is green. Similar is the case for moving from light green to dark green.

Advantages of trading with DefaultTrust members went up even more, they are going to get bargains now.
The meaning of having "green" trust is now diminished and will be similar to what was previously the meaning of having black positive trust.  
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 07:29:27 PM

Theymos cleared it before

If someone has 1 positive and 1 negative, then the time doesn't matter. They'll have a score of -1.

Examples:
Old -> New
+ - : -1
- + : -1
+ + - : ???
+ - + : 0
- + + : 1
+ + + : >=3
- - + : -3
+ - - : -3
- - - : -8

@ redsn0w
@ chronicsky

you see marco's rating green because you left him positive feedbacks also
Me and other users who doesn't left him positive feedbacks see it in black, not green
Trust:   0: -2 / +4
ohk! first i though that could be it but i never though redsnow left him feedback
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 07:35:07 PM

Correct. Your trust network is assumed to consist of people who are basically reasonable. So if any trusted ratings are negative (which means "this person is probably a scammer, watch out!"), then this should be taken very seriously. That's why a single negative rating can easily cause a loss of 100+ trust points in this new algorithm. And if the most recent rating is negative, then this is a strong indicator that the person may have been running a long con which has turned into a full-blown scam.

If anyone is abusing this by reposting negative trust unnecessarily or giving out negative trust too easily, then you should remove them from your trust network.

@bold: This may lead to an abuse of feedback left by Default Trust members. I can't imagine now how one scammers account will look like with the max limit being 9999.

Is it possible to have a notification when a feedback is left? If not, it would be useful if the feedback system has a time attached to the date. It helps to know when a person was left a feedback if there are many members who have left a  feedback on the same day.

EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 07:38:30 PM

The meaning of having "green" trust is now diminished and will be similar to what was previously the meaning of having black positive trust.  

Yes. I think with this new algorithm low positive trust should be shown as black (maybe bold). Light green should be used when reaching some value (at least 5, maybe 10) and dark green when surpassing at least 2x or 3x that first threshold.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: