Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:06:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: McDonald’s Is Days From Opening Restaurant Run Entirely By Robots  (Read 15853 times)
mayflor2

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:52:53 PM

LOL very interesting news Smiley
We must admit that McDonalds always was innovative and avant-garde in relation to others.
Unlike the competition they are very well positioned in many countries of the world and their organizations work is flawless.
Robotics and automation of their work is the logical next step in their business.

It might be a logical step for their business and also considering their position in the economy, it would be a very interesting move.
However, it is a little frightening to imagine these robots learning new things. The day machines started learning new things on their own would be the end of humanity, I presume.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
josephliton

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:52:59 PM

Well first your name says it all – second you have either never been to a McDonalds or looked in the back and see what goes on. Lazy is not a term that I would use. I fell for their Management Program idea all I got was 8hrs a day with running my ass off to keep up with demand. If I wanted the training I would have to stay after work – on my own time to access the training from the intraweb that could not be accessed from home. You definitely come home at the end of the 10 hrs 8 hrs paid and 2 hours free a worn out person. Since I was a man with many years of Management experience I started at 9 dollars an hour with a promise of fast track entry into Management. I took this low pay and spent my own time and McDonalds didn’t follow through on their end. The main take away is that they work their asses off for little or nothing while the store (I worked at) netted 3 million a year.

So, McDonalds works people to the bone for low wages and “They are in business to make money…” But McDonalds workers demand a wage that is at the national poverty line and they’re lazy freeloaders who don’t work? What’s the whether like up your own ass?

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:53:32 PM

But, we don't know exactly what will be happened to ex human employees. Lost their job and can't do anything.

A job with the McDonald's is not a high paying one anyway. Most of their employees are illegal immigrants and individuals who do part-time job, such as students. I don't think this initiative will have a sizable effect on the unemployment rates, although in the United States, McD is one of the top employers, in terms of the number of employees.

Yeah, but all of us have known that McDonald's spread their franchises almost in all countries. The situation in US surely have differences with other countries, so not all of McDonalsd's have the illegal immigrants and part time job employees there.

As I had posted earlier, the salary with McDonald's is extremely low, when compared to other jobs. In most cases, people with little or no skills will take up jobs with McDonald's, as they have few other options. This situation is the same everywhere. Go to third world nations such as India, and even there it is the low-skilled people who are getting employed with the McDonald's.
mackbells

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:55:27 PM

So, McDonalds works people to the bone for low wages and “They are in business to make money…” But McDonalds workers demand a wage that is at the national poverty line and they’re lazy freeloaders who don’t work? What’s the whether like up your own ass?

Yeah lazy is the last word they should use to lump all the workers there together. Some of those people work like dogs! When you go to the doctor and they want to know where you get all the bruises and burns like they want to get the cops involved. When the doctor says to you “you should be fine to work in 3 days (with a knee sprain) just standing there taking orders and your the one running your rear end off in the kitchen. People get stuck in some jobs because of certain situations. You can find slugs in any job no matter the skill level. Just know you are a better person. That you may have a look down your nose job but, you are trying your best which sometimes is better than some of the big dogs do!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1123

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:06:25 PM

But, we don't know exactly what will be happened to ex human employees. Lost their job and can't do anything.

A job with the McDonald's is not a high paying one anyway. Most of their employees are illegal immigrants and individuals who do part-time job, such as students. I don't think this initiative will have a sizable effect on the unemployment rates, although in the United States, McD is one of the top employers, in terms of the number of employees.

Yeah, but all of us have known that McDonald's spread their franchises almost in all countries. The situation in US surely have differences with other countries, so not all of McDonalsd's have the illegal immigrants and part time job employees there.

As I had posted earlier, the salary with McDonald's is extremely low, when compared to other jobs. In most cases, people with little or no skills will take up jobs with McDonald's, as they have few other options. This situation is the same everywhere. Go to third world nations such as India, and even there it is the low-skilled people who are getting employed with the McDonald's.

So if the employees will be changed with machines, I think they lost their job. And with the less skills, they can't get any jobs from other employer. They can't do anything and the number of unemployed will raise higher

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Sethtabiah

Activity: 120

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:13:12 PM

In 1971, when I was in high school, and making a $1.65 an hour, McDonald’s was considered a top notch job for teens that wanted to work, and could maintain decent grades at the sametime. Interestingly enough, when we were in school, and McDonald’s was open for business during the day, retirees who wanted to stay busy worked the shifts during school hours. During that same time in the history of the U.S., immigration was limited to those who could hold their own in this country, while high school students were taught a trade if they chose not to go to college or join the military.

Now fast forward to the “progressive” 21st century where foreigners that speak little or no English, head straight for the welfare and unemployment lines, and work in those jobs once held by high school students. They have no skills, they take money from our economy and ship it home to “their” countries (more than a few I’ve talked to have no interest in being U.S. citizens), and our education system has devalued a college education by telling everyone that they must go to college, which means that an AA or a BA really doesn’t mean much anymore to the point that employees with college degrees are only making 10.00 an hour. Now couple that with the losers that think they are entitled to 15.00 an hour for flipping burgers instead of gaining skills that justify a 15.00 an hour wage, along with liberals in political offices in cities such as Seattle and Los Angeles that force businesses to pay outrageous wages, and it does my heart good to see businesses, even businesses run by liberals push back and think outside the box to avoid paying 15.00 an hour for an ungrateful and unskilled loser that they hired.

Way to go Mickey D’s!

.          █▄▄ ▄ █▄ ■■ ◥◣◢◤      Professional Crypto and GHash Exchange                                          ** 0% Fee Trades Until September **
.          █▄█ █ █▄ ■■ ◢◤◥◣      USD  EUR  GBP  LTC  BTC
..                  Spend Bitcoin Anywhere in the World with your bit-x Debit Card
josephliton

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:14:58 PM

In 1971, when I was in high school, and making a $1.65 an hour, McDonald’s was considered a top notch job for teens that wanted to work, and could maintain decent grades at the sametime. Interestingly enough, when we were in school, and McDonald’s was open for business during the day, retirees who wanted to stay busy worked the shifts during school hours. During that same time in the history of the U.S., immigration was limited to those who could hold their own in this country, while high school students were taught a trade if they chose not to go to college or join the military.

Now fast forward to the “progressive” 21st century where foreigners that speak little or no English, head straight for the welfare and unemployment lines, and work in those jobs once held by high school students. They have no skills, they take money from our economy and ship it home to “their” countries (more than a few I’ve talked to have no interest in being U.S. citizens), and our education system has devalued a college education by telling everyone that they must go to college, which means that an AA or a BA really doesn’t mean much anymore to the point that employees with college degrees are only making 10.00 an hour. Now couple that with the losers that think they are entitled to 15.00 an hour for flipping burgers instead of gaining skills that justify a 15.00 an hour wage, along with liberals in political offices in cities such as Seattle and Los Angeles that force businesses to pay outrageous wages, and it does my heart good to see businesses, even businesses run by liberals push back and think outside the box to avoid paying 15.00 an hour for an ungrateful and unskilled loser that they hired.

Way to go Mickey D’s!

Machines are causing unemployment, but it will be a good thing. Human beings shouldn’t do that kind of soul killing and demeaning work. Humans should have free access to all the education they can use and we should build a bright future, get off this rock!

Sethtabiah

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:17:32 PM

Way to go Mickey D’s!

Odd part of the $15 per hour crowd is they complain they can’t affordrent and other expenses. Maybe the $15 crowd should quit smoking and buying smart phones. A pack of cigarettes costs as much as they make in an hour.

Machines are causing unemployment, but it will be a good thing. Human beings shouldn’t do that kind of soul killing and demeaning work. Humans should have free access to all the education they can use and we should build a bright future, get off this rock!

Odd part of the $15 per hour crowd is they complain they can’t affordrent and other expenses. Maybe the $15 crowd should quit smoking and buying smart phones. A pack of cigarettes costs as much as they make in an hour.

.          █▄▄ ▄ █▄ ■■ ◥◣◢◤      Professional Crypto and GHash Exchange                                          ** 0% Fee Trades Until September **
..                  Spend Bitcoin Anywhere in the World with your bit-x Debit Card
josephliton

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:22:04 PM

I think this idea is Horrible! Just because something becomes more difficult, does Not mean you throw in the towel and just forget what McDonald’s is all about! This quote was taken from the McDonald’s website from the Founder Ray Kroc….. “Our founding father Ray Kroc once said, “McDonald’s is a people business”. We operate with the belief that it’s essential to be a part of the communities that we serve.” So, let me ask you then…….How will McDonald’s be a people business and be an essential part of Any community if they are run by Robots?

mikaljan

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:23:50 PM

I think this idea is Horrible! Just because something becomes more difficult, does Not mean you throw in the towel and just forget what McDonald’s is all about! This quote was taken from the McDonald’s website from the Founder Ray Kroc….. “Our founding father Ray Kroc once said, “McDonald’s is a people business”. We operate with the belief that it’s essential to be a part of the communities that we serve.” So, let me ask you then…….How will McDonald’s be a people business and be an essential part of Any community if they are run by Robots?

In response to this development by McDonald’s I will no longer be patronizing any of their restaurants and I will be strongly encouraging all my family, friends and acquaintances to boycott as well. To think it appropriate to disrespect flesh and blood workers and hope to sell their products to the same is insanity. Goodbye McDonald’s!

josephliton

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:25:22 PM

In response to this development by McDonald’s I will no longer be patronizing any of their restaurants and I will be strongly encouraging all my family, friends and acquaintances to boycott as well. To think it appropriate to disrespect flesh and blood workers and hope to sell their products to the same is insanity. Goodbye McDonald’s!

I agree!! I will no longer eat at McDonalds!! They are taking jobs away from people who need jobs!!

gobpaul

Activity: 336

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:27:07 PM

I agree!! I will no longer eat at McDonalds!! They are taking jobs away from people who need jobs!!

McDonald’s food sucks anyways lol..fake burgers and over salted fries. Not to mention fake chicken they need to do something to get people eating there again i will go just once to see it work but definitely not eating that crap.

josephliton

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:35:22 PM

Way to go Mickey D’s!

With the way they describe the employees, lazy, poor hygiene, etc I will not support any McDonald’s after reading this article. Not only are they taking away employment but just because you come up with a new toy you talk bad about the employees which you have underpaid for years. Have you ever thought about maybe if you paid a fair wage and was more careful of who you hired you could have minimized some of those problems. I will not ever support a place that take jobs away from people then talk negative about them once they don’t have use for them anymore. Says alot about the company and it character. Then you wonder why you sales declining.

Sethtabiah

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:54:49 PM

Phoenix, AZ — After seeing a decline in earnings for the first time in nine years, McDonald’s plans to do something no other store of its kind has ever done before; open a store run entirely by robots.

The store is set to open July 4th in Phoenix, Arizona once the state-of-the-art robot remodel is complete. The restaurant will still employee a small team to insure all of the robots are working correctly, the food along with the cleaning supplies remaining stocked and removing the money collected by the robots. If the test launch for the store is a success, visitors to the restaurant can soon expect to see these new robots working in harmony at a speed of 50 times faster than the average human employee, with no chance of error, located in every store all over the country.

The store’s new manager, Jay Funkhouser, told CNN that he has worked with the machines in a product development facility in San Francisco for over six months now and speaks highly of the robots.

“These things are great! They get their work done in a fast and orderly manner. And they don’t ask for cigarette breaks.”

http://newsexaminer.net/food/mcdonalds-to-open-restaurant-run-by-robots/

---------------------------------------------------
They can't pee in your lemonade either...

I only have a question, will these robots be bilingual? Or speak different languages?

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 03:08:52 PM

So if the employees will be changed with machines, I think they lost their job. And with the less skills, they can't get any jobs from other employer. They can't do anything and the number of unemployed will raise higher

First of all, McD is not even going to replace their (human) employees with robots, at least for the next 30 years. And by that time, the low skilled people will be able to find some other manual job, which suits them. They can't suddenly replace all their 2 million employees in a year or two. For heaven's sake it is impossible to manufacture that many robots, currently.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:26:00 PM

You know how the robots revolted in Terminator? It’s only a matter of time before that happens at this McDonald’s. Everyone needs to move their family out of the United States NOW while they still have a fighting chance.

Just lube your whole body with the oil from that french fries bucket. Quarter Pounder grease should work too.

The McBots won't be able to detect you then...

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:31:58 PM

Phoenix, AZ — After seeing a decline in earnings for the first time in nine years, McDonald’s plans to do something no other store of its kind has ever done before; open a store run entirely by robots.

The store is set to open July 4th in Phoenix, Arizona once the state-of-the-art robot remodel is complete. The restaurant will still employee a small team to insure all of the robots are working correctly, the food along with the cleaning supplies remaining stocked and removing the money collected by the robots. If the test launch for the store is a success, visitors to the restaurant can soon expect to see these new robots working in harmony at a speed of 50 times faster than the average human employee, with no chance of error, located in every store all over the country.

The store’s new manager, Jay Funkhouser, told CNN that he has worked with the machines in a product development facility in San Francisco for over six months now and speaks highly of the robots.

“These things are great! They get their work done in a fast and orderly manner. And they don’t ask for cigarette breaks.”

http://newsexaminer.net/food/mcdonalds-to-open-restaurant-run-by-robots/

---------------------------------------------------
They can't pee in your lemonade either...

I only have a question, will these robots be bilingual? Or speak different languages?

The universal language of your index touching an image on a screen...

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:18:57 PM

Sydney's Patrick terminal goes automated, with fewer staff but dancing robots

At Sydney's Port Botany, every hour of every day, the robots are dancing.

Well, they look like they are dancing – these 45 so-called AutoStrads, or automated straddles, machines that have taken on the work that until a couple of months ago was at least in part performed by dockworkers.

Almost 20 years ago, the Patrick container terminal at Botany played host to one of the most divisive industrial battles in Australian history, as the stevedoring company attempted to break the back of its union-dominated workforce.

In some respects that battle was won in April.

It was then that Patrick introduced, following a four-year investment program, a level of automation into its stevedoring operation that might be unsurpassed in the world.

"This is fully automated, there are no human beings, literally from the moment this truck driver stepped out of his cabin from then onwards this AutoStrad will take it right through the quay line without any humans interfacing at all," Alistair Field, the managing director of Patrick Terminals and Logistics, a division of Asciano, said on Wednesday.

Patrick's new automated port terminal, at Port Botany is being automated, workers are being replaced by machines

Some of the few human workers who remain at the new automated centre at Port Botany.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydneys-patrick-terminal-goes-automated-with-fewer-staff-but-dancing-robots-20150617-ghqc24.html

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:32:15 PM

I think it was GW Bush's admin where they re-defined burger flipping to be 'manufacturing' in order to make some numbers work out.  I would not doubt that this is one of the many policy positions which Obama's administration adopted and extended from his predecessor.  Oops.

Speaking of McDonalds, here's a funny vid I saw about their website the other day:  Question: Why Is the McDonalds Website so Scary?

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
brendanjhwu

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 03:59:43 AM

Hopefully, just hopefully.
These robots won't forget to put the patty in the Big Mac... smh XD.

True story.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: