Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:23:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: they will have no excuse  (Read 1661 times)
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 11:59:35 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2011, 09:35:25 AM by grondilu

At some point the guys from governments and financial institutions will defend themselves from not having brought up bitcoin to the public, nor to have used such a technology in the financial system.

They will say something like:  "We just didn't know this currency existed, so we tried our best with what we had at this moment."

But isn't it part of their job to get informed about new tehcnological developpments in their activity?  How hard is it to check out Wikipedia about digital money and to follow a link about a decentralised currency?

Those people are supposed to be smart and to know a lot of stuffs.   That why they get so much money, whether it comes from tax payer or B. Bernanke's helicopter.  If they didn't know about bitcoin, they have absolutely no excuse.

PS:
They could have come up with a fair decentralised monetary system.  Truth is:  they didn't even try.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymous

March 04, 2011, 12:16:35 PM

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/03/illegal-tv-streamers-heres-how-the-feds-will-hunt-you-down.ars

They are too busy taking down file sharers.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 06:05:33 PM

At some point the guys from governments and financial institutions will defend themselves from not having brought up bitcoin to the public, nor to have used such a technology in the financial system.

They will say something like:  "We just didn't know this currency existed, so we tried our best with what we had at this moment."

But isn't it part of their job to get informed about new tehcnological developpments in their activity?  How hard is it to check out Wikipedia about digital money and to follow a link about a decentralised currency?

Those people are supposed to be smart and to know a lot of stuffs.   That why they get so much money, whether it comes from tax payer or B. Bernanke's helicopter.  If they didn't know about bitcoin, they have absolutely no excuse.

Ever heard this quote?: "Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws." - Mater Amschel Rothschild, founder of the Rothschild banking dynasty.

Do you really think they will ever willingly switch to BitCoins? Do you realize what their centrally planed monopoly of money really represents to them? Do you realize who is behind the monetary system that the USA functions under atm and to what great lenghts they went in 1910-1913 to establish it and to what great lengths they still go today in order of propping up their status quo?

You have to be kidding yourself if you think they'll ever willingly release that kind of power.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 06:13:26 PM

Ever heard this quote?: "Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws." - Mater Amschel Rothschild, founder of the Rothschild banking dynasty.

Do you really think they will ever willingly switch to BitCoins? Do you realize what their centrally planed monopoly of money really represents to them? Do you realize who is behind the monetary system that the USA functions under atm and to what great lenghts they went in 1910-1913 to establish it and to what great lengths they still go today in order of propping up their status quo?

That's why I'm talking about them trying to find "excuses".

They obviously can't reject bitcoin by saying:  "oh no we didn't promote this currency because it was a threat to our world domination scheme."

So they'll just say: "we didn't know it existed".

FooDSt4mP

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 06:19:50 PM

That's why I'm talking about them trying to find "excuses".

They obviously can't reject bitcoin by saying:  "oh no we didn't promote this currency because it was a threat to our world domination scheme."

So they'll just say: "we didn't know it existed".

No shit they won't talk about their world domination schemes.  What's your point?  Those that build and maintain unfair advantages are dicks?  Duh.  By the time bitcoin is popular enough to be on their radar, they won't be talking about the past.  They will be too busy scrambling to figure out how to squash it.

As we slide down the banister of life, this is just another splinter in our ass.
Anonymous

March 04, 2011, 06:37:55 PM

If anything, they will be defaming Bitcoin as the currency for criminals.
Only-One Bit Coiner

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 06:59:25 PM

they will be defaming Bitcoin as the currency for criminals

We can do faming the Bitcoin as the currency for revolution.
Cryptoman

Activity: 726
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 07:09:44 PM

If anything, they will be defaming Bitcoin as the currency for criminals.

"The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them.  One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."  --Ayn Rand

So, I expect p2p cryptocurrencies to be made illegal at some point in time.  I'm sure you folks will be the finest criminals I've ever had the pleasure of working with.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: