Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:19:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do small Farms of antminer s5's control all of them?  (Read 4069 times)
Crypto84 (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 04:15:28 PM

how do they manage them? for example if i had 30 S5's. thats obviously not enough to solo mine. so how do you update the pools and settings on all of them at once? i dont have 30. i was justing using that number as an example.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 06:13:20 PM

that are numerous software for that, like cgwatcher, bat there are better option with gui that are web based(miniera i think), i don't remember the name right now
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 07:36:02 PM

how do they manage them? for example if i had 30 S5's. thats obviously not enough to solo mine. so how do you update the pools and settings on all of them at once? i dont have 30. i was justing using that number as an example.

While I expect it's valuable in terms of effort, I don't see why it would be absolutely critical to get everything changed at once on N miners. What happens if you do N/2 in the afternoon, and N/2 the next morning? I can't imagine the pools would care, nor would the S5 miners. If I had N (N>1) miners I would clearly consider spreading their hash rate across multiple pools. And I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over the fact they might have different settings. They are all running at different speeds anyway, and using different amounts of power at some level.
diesis

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 03:20:50 PM

so how do you update the pools and settings on all of them at once?

You could use a configuration management tool like puppet or cfengine.
michelem
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 11:50:04 AM

With Minera you can monitor and configure pools for every network mining devices including S5.

http://getminera.com
https://github.com/michelem09/minera

Network wiki page: https://github.com/michelem09/minera/wiki/Network-mining-devices

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
oakmaster

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:18:46 PM

I have about 10 to 12 different miners a few antminers a few gridseed couple gpus and some zeus miners I use minera and multiminer both have mobileminer available for download for just about and device ios, android,windows phone and if you dont have your phone with u just jump on the web mobileminer dashboard I've been using multiminer since I starting mining Nate is awesome always got a new update or something to add if u need support he's wright there to help check it out
TheAnalogKid

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 11:46:39 AM

I use MiningRigRentals for managing pools, of all things.  You don't have to use their services, but I can simply point all my miners to their proxy servers once when I first set them up, and then in my account I can manage several different pool configs and groupings easily.  Plus, if you decide you want to put your miners up for rent it's easy too. 

For example say i have about 30 miners.  I have 6 different groups of them, each one has 5 miners in the group.  I have 6 different mining profiles with different pools and priorities, each one assigned to a group.  I set a price for renting them, and if price goes above, it switches to renting, otherwise it mines at the pools I've configured.  Switching pools is a few clicks in their web interface.

I used to do it by custom written Linux scripts, but this method is so much easier. 

On top of that I use M's MinerMonitor (you can find it under the mining software us forum) to monitor all of them for their performance, temps, etc. 
oakmaster

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 12:09:23 PM

I use MiningRigRentals for managing pools, of all things.  You don't have to use their services, but I can simply point all my miners to their proxy servers once when I first set them up, and then in my account I can manage several different pool configs and groupings easily.  Plus, if you decide you want to put your miners up for rent it's easy too. 

For example say i have about 30 miners.  I have 6 different groups of them, each one has 5 miners in the group.  I have 6 different mining profiles with different pools and priorities, each one assigned to a group.  I set a price for renting them, and if price goes above, it switches to renting, otherwise it mines at the pools I've configured.  Switching pools is a few clicks in their web interface.

I used to do it by custom written Linux scripts, but this method is so much easier. 

On top of that I use M's MinerMonitor (you can find it under the mining software us forum) to monitor all of them for their performance, temps, etc. 
That's also a good way I have my antminer pointed to miningrigrentals and switching pools is a few clicks and if u can get on the Web u can change your pools
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 01:39:12 PM

That's also a good way I have my antminer pointed to miningrigrentals and switching pools is a few clicks and if u can get on the Web u can change your pools

There are multiple as mentioned.  All have their pro's and con's.   I would give Minera a shot as it will run on a raspberry pi -https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=596620.0

With using a raspberry pi you will save electricity compared to a full size pc running 24x7.

And MiningRigRentals has some intresting options.  I personally don't use it but if you had a miner in a data cener you can't change pool easy setting it to MiningRigRentals will allow you to change pools.  And the better way is probley setting up a proxy which I think the amazon free EC2 should be able to do fine.
SHA256Sales

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:27:11 AM

As others have mentioned, Minera is pretty great.   There is an ARM image so it is easily flashed to an SD card for a Pi.   The statistics are detailed as well.  It really allows you to see which miners are underperforming and need to be tweaked.  And it automatically attempts to recover miners that go down.   It's a time saver so you don't have to go rebooting miners all day. 
Crypto84 (OP)

Activity: 120

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:44:39 PM

As others have mentioned, Minera is pretty great.   There is an ARM image so it is easily flashed to an SD card for a Pi.   The statistics are detailed as well.  It really allows you to see which miners are underperforming and need to be tweaked.  And it automatically attempts to recover miners that go down.   It's a time saver so you don't have to go rebooting miners all day.  

Can you control them(network miners - specificly antminer S5's) from minera? or is it just monitoring?
cflocation

Activity: 327

it's a hardware thing!

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:31:33 PM

As others have mentioned, Minera is pretty great.   There is an ARM image so it is easily flashed to an SD card for a Pi.   The statistics are detailed as well.  It really allows you to see which miners are underperforming and need to be tweaked.  And it automatically attempts to recover miners that go down.   It's a time saver so you don't have to go rebooting miners all day.  

Can you control them(network miners - specificly antminer S5's) from minera? or is it just monitoring?

I set up Minera yesterday in hoping I could swap pools etc but had no luck myself. It does do monitoring but that's all I see on a local network. I even tried to swap to my reserve pool on the S3 and it would not even do that.  I ended up setting up an account at a mining rental place and pointed my miners there in groups of 5. So far it has been great and I have not noticed any decrease in hash rate.

Digitalmocking

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:37:22 PM

I have a small farm, 15 boxes total (sp20s, s4+, s5s) and I use an expect script to change the cgminer.conf when I'm doing bulk changes.

I'm looking to expand out another 40 s5s, but I've been holding off hoping for new tech chips.
Bigdavalillo

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 03:43:11 AM

Hey ! I'm fairly new to bitcoin mining, but Im trying 2 softwares right now.

1- Multiminer: The interface is discreet and precise + mobile miner app has the option of reviewing remotely miner info (temp, hashrate) and the best is the option of rebooting remotely through the app.
2- Cryptoglance: The interface is awfully designed with bright colors and awful interface, but it's the only one i've found it displays wallets info right on the main dashboard. No mobile app for this one. Bummer!!!

Hope this helps.
michelem
Legendary

Activity: 1015

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 04:55:58 AM

I set up Minera yesterday in hoping I could swap pools etc but had no luck myself. It does do monitoring but that's all I see on a local network. I even tried to swap to my reserve pool on the S3 and it would not even do that.  I ended up setting up an account at a mining rental place and pointed my miners there in groups of 5. So far it has been great and I have not noticed any decrease in hash rate.

Can I Help you with your Minera? I'm the author please PM me if you want.

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
Digitalmocking

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:40:59 AM

Hey ! I'm fairly new to bitcoin mining, but Im trying 2 softwares right now.

1- Multiminer: The interface is discreet and precise + mobile miner app has the option of reviewing remotely miner info (temp, hashrate) and the best is the option of rebooting remotely through the app.
2- Cryptoglance: The interface is awfully designed with bright colors and awful interface, but it's the only one i've found it displays wallets info right on the main dashboard. No mobile app for this one. Bummer!!!

Hope this helps.

Crypto glance has an app for android at least.  Dunno about iOS
eyeknock

Activity: 381

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:00:05 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2015, 02:05:30 PM by eyeknock

that are numerous software for that, like cgwatcher, bat there are better option with gui that are web based(miniera i think), i don't remember the name right now

is that software open source? and who develop it? the same guys as the antminers hw?

im just curious about it, also i hope it is freeware.

edited: i will reply to myselft, i just found this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=596620.0
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 01:34:55 PM

Primarily, people setup a proxy and control their miners through it.  I don't have anywhere near 30 miners, but the 8 I do have I control through MRR as TheAnalogKid mentioned.  I also have a VPN server at home so I can log in and control my miners manually from the road.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Sapholard

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 05:15:08 AM

does cloud mining is profitable with less work?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 06:10:36 AM

does cloud mining is profitable with less work?

you mean if you do not spend too much? it should not change your ratio for break even or roi, the only advantage it has over standard mining with your miners, is the electricity cost, if you really want to mine but your electricity is 0.2 or something around that, it is preferable
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: