Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:10:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re-Hashing password...  (Read 541 times)
unsoindovo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 05:15:46 PM

i need to understand...
if i change my password inserting the old one, the new generated hash, it is like the oldone or it is different?
simple example to let me explain better.

my old passwor: rehash
i go under "Account Related Settings" to rehash it and i write

Choose password: rehash
Verufy password: rehash
Current Password: rehash

the hash it is regenerated like the oldone, and the operation it is a non sense?
or it is generate a new hash and i'm safe?

thanks

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Retard
Prime Minister
VIP

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 05:16:44 PM

No! you need to use a new password, the old one might be recoverable.
mitzie
Legendary

Activity: 975
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 05:17:39 PM

Still, you shouldn't use your old password again.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 05:17:42 PM

I don't really know it for sure, but I think that with the hash they could revese-engeneer your password... so non sense.

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 05:58:18 PM

The forum was up yesterday for some minutes and i happened to stumble on it at correct time and as i received the Mail , i changed my Password instantly but today when i logged in , it showed the password to be wrong. So i tried the old password , it was Good. So the passwords changed yesterday didn't worked . So it's better you change your password and Secret Question if any
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 06:02:06 PM

i need to understand...
if i change my password inserting the old one, the new generated hash, it is like the oldone or it is different?

the hash it is regenerated like the oldone, and the operation it is a non sense?

thanks

Even if the hash does change, it doesn't matter because the hacker would be testing against the same password. So, if he has a dump of your hash and manages to crack it, then it will show your password as "rehash". Which you still have as your password. So changing it to the same thing...wouldn't help you.
unsoindovo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 06:24:51 PM

i need to understand...

thanks

Even if the hash does change, it doesn't matter because the hacker would be testing against the same password. So, if he has a dump of your hash and manages to crack it, then it will show your password as "rehash". Which you still have as your password. So changing it to the same thing...wouldn't help you.

ok i understand..
maybe the hashing algo it is something like one-way MD5 or SHA???
or maybe somethings lke keccak who is even more secure?

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: