Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:29:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SNRG] 🔥 Synergy 🔥 Cloud.Synergycoin.com Cloud Bot Now Live!! 🔥  (Read 162087 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:13:12 PM

This is the problem with not testing adequately.  Now there is a situation where there are 30 days of Turbo Stake and not everyone is staking because of improper testing before release--

Now there will be some that are staking correctly while others are not, which then defeats the purpose of the coin in preventing some people from having an advantage over others--

Dev, is your wallet staking correctly?

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cryptophile

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:37:31 PM

I staked a block of around 1500 less than 12 hours ago.  No issues here.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:39:26 PM

I staked a block of around 1500 less than 12 hours ago.  No issues here.

Hmmm that's weird that it is working for some but not working for a lot of other people which is hurting my turbo staking chances as it stands right now Sad I hope that we can figure this problem out soon so I can start receiving rewards Wink

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

Grandpa Jones (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:55:05 PM

This is the problem with not testing adequately.  Now there is a situation where there are 30 days of Turbo Stake and not everyone is staking because of improper testing before release--

Now there will be some that are staking correctly while others are not, which then defeats the purpose of the coin in preventing some people from having an advantage over others--

We did indeed test extensively on two different platforms, three different staking nodes, and about 5 nodes total. We restarted the test net about 5 or 6 times and let it run completely through an abbreviated PoW period at least twice. Only a few parameters change between the test net and main net: 1. Maturation times, 2. The stake modifier interval, 3. Minimum PoS difficulty.

As I write this response I have found the issue. The minimum difficulty is too high for the coin count. We wouldn't have seen this in the test net because the coins were divided among only 3 staking nodes, so each had a large number of coins given the total supply.

We'll get out a fix ASAP. It will cause a fork, so we'll get the exchanges updated first and then put out a release. Those who do not update will get left on the fork. Thanks for reporting your problems. This is why having an active community is good for a coin.

On the upside, everyone has been operating under the same difficulty so these problems have been fair to all. You can get an advantage in the forthcoming update by upgrading earlier than your competitors.

Rest assured that we are on this and will push the change to github very soon and get the exchanges updated as fast as we can.

Please also accept our apologies for your frustrations. As crypto users ourselves, we know how maddening these type of wallet issues can be.

Synergy Dev Team
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:03:21 PM

We did indeed test extensively on two different platforms, three different staking nodes, and about 5 nodes total. We restarted the test net about 5 or 6 times and let it run completely through an abbreviated PoW period at least twice. Only a few parameters change between the test net and main net: 1. Maturation times, 2. The stake modifier interval, 3. Minimum PoS difficulty.

As I write this response I have found the issue. The minimum difficulty is too high for the coin count. We wouldn't have seen this in the test net because the coins were divided among only 3 staking nodes, so each had a large number of coins given the total supply.

We'll get out a fix ASAP. It will cause a fork, so we'll get the exchanges updated first and then put out a release. Those who do not update will get left on the fork. Thanks for reporting your problems. This is why having an active community is good for a coin.

On the upside, everyone has been operating under the same difficulty so these problems have been fair to all. You can get an advantage in the forthcoming update by upgrading earlier than your competitors.

Rest assured that we are on this and will push the change to github very soon and get the exchanges updated as fast as we can.

Please also accept our apologies for your frustrations. As crypto users ourselves, we know how maddening these type of wallet issues can be.

Hey no worries as long as the updated wallet gets loaded to the OP and everything is fixed then I'm okay with that shiat! At least you guys are working hard to make sure that everything is working alright which is very nice to see Wink

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

OVRGRO

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:07:33 PM

we talked late last night on yobit dev... obviously waiting on that linux compile, but thanks for being on top of this as i'm stakeless in seattle as well lol. buy up some cheap snrg before the fix hits  Wink
Grandpa Jones (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:08:16 PM

Github has been updated. Please do not update your builds yet if you plan to stake because the network will reject stake with the new lower limits.

We have asked the exchanges and block explorer host to reply when they have upgraded. Once upgraded, we will push out new builds for users.

Synergy Dev Team
Grandpa Jones (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:14:18 PM

Bleutrade has upgraded. One down, 2 to go.

Synergy Dev Team
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:19:50 PM

Github has been updated. Please do not update your builds yet if you plan to stake because the network will reject stake with the new lower limits.

We have asked the exchanges and block explorer host to reply when they have upgraded. Once upgraded, we will push out new builds for users.

You will post the link to the updated wallet for windows on the OP as well right? I just don't know how to compile my own wallets just yet lol Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

buddynuno

Activity: 644

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:24:00 PM

Ok so my guess is once we update the wallet we need to wait another 48 hours to start staking again?

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
OVRGRO

Activity: 478

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:30:00 PM

Ok so my guess is once we update the wallet we need to wait another 48 hours to start staking again?

not unless you moved your coins...
daveolake

Activity: 415

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:30:08 PM

Having same issue. saw the twitter post im in. SNj6YATSJ2v3qkg8jHFPf3Dz4J9oxZBbnB tweeting now. good to see you are on the fix. good work
Grandpa Jones (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:31:31 PM

No. Absolutely not. You do not lose any coin age with this update. Upgrade and start staking. If you have mature coins, they will stake pretty soon, after the diff drops.

We changed only the limit, the actual diff has to fall after retargeting, which happens every block.

But your weight will not start over. You can calculate how much time you lost by looking at the age of your stake and subtracting 48 hours from the time it mints. I don't think it's going to be too bad for most people, maybe 1 day. There has been a slight advantage for those with more coins, but it will probably be balanced out by the movement of coins to the exchanges to dump in light of these issues.

Synergy Dev Team
buddynuno

Activity: 644

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:50:10 PM

Dev, have you updated the wallet to the newest version in the OP?

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
Grandpa Jones (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:56:31 PM

No. We will make an announcement. It may take 1-4 hours. We want to get it out ASAP, but, for example, I don't have console access to my usual build machines right now. I either have to make a special trip to them or see if I can build on a different machine that I can access where I am.

Synergy Dev Team
Grandpa Jones (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:59:20 PM

No. We will make an announcement. It may take 1-4 hours. We want to get it out ASAP, but, for example, I don't have console access to my usual build machines right now. I either have to make a special trip to them or see if I can build on a different machine that I can access where I am.

Qt downloads have been paused until a new build is put together.

If you upgraded by git after the last announcement, please upgrade again (which reverted the changes).

We will have a full update in about 9 hours. Keep staking, you may hit a block.

Synergy Dev Team
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:29:18 PM

Qt downloads have been paused until a new build is put together.

If you upgraded by git after the last announcement, please upgrade again (which reverted the changes).

We will have a full update in about 9 hours. Keep staking, you may hit a block.

Ok as long as you have an updated windows qt wallet when you update this all that would be nice Smiley Thanks

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

megadestruct61

Activity: 334

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:39:17 PM

Well now I see why my 2 seconds estimate to find a block isn't coming true.  Hope they get this fixed soon right now its more like turtle staking then turbo  Tongue
Grandpa Jones (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:24:04 PM

Ok as long as you have an updated windows qt wallet when you update this all that would be nice Smiley Thanks

We will. We were going to rush out an update, but decided it would be a mistake. It's better if it were done right, which will take some time.

Well now I see why my 2 seconds estimate to find a block isn't coming true.  Hope they get this fixed soon right now its more like turtle staking then turbo  Tongue

Turbo refers to the rewards, but yes, we see your point. We'll try to be as expedient as possible getting out the update. But we'd rather not rush it.

Synergy Dev Team
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:26:54 AM

whats next ?

i see many dump argg
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: