Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:12:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SNRG] 🔥 Synergy 🔥 Cloud.Synergycoin.com Cloud Bot Now Live!! 🔥  (Read 162087 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Grandpa Jones (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:08:23 PM

Ya I'm good to go now with everything I believe so now just to bring on the staking rewards
Lets hope Turbo will works flawlessly now but according to Dev theres still some couples of hours left before this update be on effect for staking thing...........

I concur, I have the latest wallet (also downloaded from Mega) and the staking is still showing out of whack.
Just have to be patient, it is Saturday night is Scotland so it's not like I don't have anything better to do  Grin
Will check it in the morning and see how it fares then.

By the time the changes kick in, they will be irrelevant. The real difficulty is increasing as the stake splits. 11 of the last 40 blocks were PoS. If there weren't a lower bounds on difficulty, 20 of every 40 (1/2) would be PoS. Except for the minimum difficulty, everything is working fine. And if you keep reading, you'll find that the minimum difficulty is working fine as well.

You can check these results on the block explorer for yourself. Look at every block starting from the most recent and count how many from the last 40 are PoS. You will get about 1/4. That number will climb to probably 1/3 when the minimum PoS limit is dropped in about 11 hours.

With that said, it will probably take a lot of convincing of users that things are working fine because it will be hard to stake anyway. Difficulty is climbing, like it should, making it hard to stake, like it should be. That's where the security of PoS comes in. If it were easy to stake blocks, it would be easy to compromise a coin. And that is the whole point of Turbo Stake. We didn't anticipate the fun aspect of it (as a competition). If we did, we would have started the minimum difficulty lower. The point of Turbo Stake is to get the coin secured on it's way to pure PoS.

That's also the reason that PoS and PoW overlap, to give time for the PoS difficulty to climb.

For coin security, we know what we are doing.

Synergy Dev Team

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OVRGRO

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 08:22:40 PM

Ya I'm good to go now with everything I believe so now just to bring on the staking rewards
Lets hope Turbo will works flawlessly now but according to Dev theres still some couples of hours left before this update be on effect for staking thing...........

I concur, I have the latest wallet (also downloaded from Mega) and the staking is still showing out of whack.
Just have to be patient, it is Saturday night is Scotland so it's not like I don't have anything better to do  Grin

By the time the changes kick in, they will be irrelevant. The real difficulty is increasing as the stake splits. 11 of the last 40 blocks were PoS. If there weren't a lower bounds on difficulty, 20 of every 40 (1/2) would be PoS. Except for the minimum difficulty, everything is working fine. And if you keep reading, you'll find that the minimum difficulty is working fine as well.

You can check these results on the block explorer for yourself. Look at every block starting from the most recent and count how many from the last 40 are PoS. You will get about 1/4. That number will climb to probably 1/3 when the minimum PoS limit is dropped in about 11 hours.

With that said, it will probably take a lot of convincing of users that things are working fine because it will be hard to stake anyway. Difficulty is climbing, like it should, making it hard to stake, like it should be. That's where the security of PoS comes in. If it were easy to stake blocks, it would be easy to compromise a coin. And that is the whole point of Turbo Stake. We didn't anticipate the fun aspect of it (as a competition). If we did, we would have started the minimum difficulty lower. The point of Turbo Stake is to get the coin secured on it's way to pure PoS.

That's also the reason that PoS and PoW overlap, to give time for the PoS difficulty to climb.

so the guy who owns about 10% of the total coins... is doing 75% of the staking currently. seems mathematically legit.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 08:33:08 PM

so the guy who owns about 10% of the total coins... is doing 75% of the staking currently. seems mathematically legit.
Who owns 10% of the total coins? Also does anyone else only have like 1 or 2 connections with the new wallet version 1.0.3.0? I only have 2 connections on mine right now and my stake weight is way higher than the net stake weight as well?? Is that normal?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 08:35:16 PM

like when I type getstakinginfo into my debug console on the new wallet this is what appears

16:34:30

getstakinginfo

16:34:30

{
"enabled" : true,
"staking" : true,
"errors" : "",
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.00000106,
"search-interval" : 1,
"weight" : 5844,
"netstakeweight" : 27,
"expectedtime" : 0
}

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

OVRGRO

Activity: 478

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 08:51:13 PM

if you go to the block explorer you'll see which address is doing most of the staking, or i just looked at recent stakes in the last 20 blocks honestly. it has about 25,000 snrg which would be about 10% of the network. it didn't start mining until block 102 so i highly doubt it's the dev, and if it is good on them for waiting until that late to start mining.
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 10:10:56 PM

I still haven't staked yet either.  Should I have left my coins in larger chunks?  Obviously it would be a bad idea to move coins around and sacrifice stake weight now.  I'll hold off judging the turbo stake system until we aren't competing with POW blocks I guess.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 10:20:04 PM

I still haven't staked yet either.  Should I have left my coins in larger chunks?  Obviously it would be a bad idea to move coins around and sacrifice stake weight now.  I'll hold off judging the turbo stake system until we aren't competing with POW blocks I guess.
I don't know I know my initial first clump was a clump of around 1500 coins and I haven't hit a reward yet at all for any of my clumps and my weight is way higher than the network stake weight which I find odd that I haven't found a block yet?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Live4Crypto

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 11:16:59 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2015, 12:42:27 AM by Live4Crypto

Hopefully this all gets cleared up with the fork in a few hours or so.

I have about 2% in one wallet, broken up into 73 transactions ranging in size from 50-200 and I'm currently staking with a weight of 1165.  So there are others staking...
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 11:18:12 PM

I have about 2% in one wallet, broken up into 73 transactions ranging in size from 50-200 and I'm currently staking with a weight of 1165.  So there are others staking...
Ya but you would think with a weight higher than the netstake weight that you would receive a reward or be finding blocks at least right?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Live4Crypto

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 11:46:09 PM

I have about 2% in one wallet, broken up into 73 transactions ranging in size from 50-200 and I'm currently staking with a weight of 1165.  So there are others staking...
Ya but you would think with a weight higher than the netstake weight that you would receive a reward or be finding blocks at least right?

I mean, I haven't been around a long time, but I think so.  It's mid-day Saturday, I'm sure Grandpa will be around at some point before the fork.

Side Note - wouldn't it be hilarious if the dev really is old as dirt?  Don't have many of those as far as I know...
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064

MOBU

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 11:51:31 PM

I mean, I haven't been around a long time, but I think so.  It's mid-day Saturday, I'm sure Grandpa will be around at some point before the fork.

Side Note - wouldn't it be hilarious if the dev really is old as dirt?  Don't have many of those as far as I know...

Watch out for us old guys...sometimes we really know our sh!t.   Tongue

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
Live4Crypto

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 11:58:42 PM

Side Note - wouldn't it be hilarious if the dev really is old as dirt?  Don't have many of those as far as I know...

Watch out for us old guys...sometimes we really know our sh!t.   Tongue

Let's hope that's the case here too!  Every new code has bugs, at least Gramps has stuck around unlike a lot of other devs lately who encounter an issue and run to start a new coin.  That says a lot to me.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:19:35 AM

Side Note - wouldn't it be hilarious if the dev really is old as dirt?  Don't have many of those as far as I know...

Let's hope that's the case here too!  Every new code has bugs, at least Gramps has stuck around unlike a lot of other devs lately who encounter an issue and run to start a new coin.  That says a lot to me.
Ya that's the only reason I didn't dump any of my coins yet because the Dev responded so quickly to the problem and started working on the fix so I've given him the benefit of the doubt Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

je_sus

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:48:03 AM

I agree. I have heard from many Devs in the past that staking code is extraordinarily difficult. If he gets this right even on the second attempt here in a matter of under a week, what we are holding is gold. And he is very smart. A wise old man indeed.
jaksone

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:14:20 AM

how to start mining..?
Live4Crypto

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:19:17 AM

how to start mining..?

At this point you have 2 choices.  You can mine on one of the pools mentioned in the OP using the X11 algorithm, or you can buy some SNRG on one of the exchanges and stake them in your wallet.
megadestruct61

Activity: 334

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:39:43 AM

Please send me your giveaway here ST825iaNMFkkMi6xLuFf8p2fMVVNvRrsRJ Thanks Smiley

Should not post giveaway addresses in threads as it is against bitcointalk rules.
Grandpa Jones (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:44:44 AM

I'm around and waiting more anxiously than anyone for the fork. The only new thing in the fork is a drop of the minimum PoS difficulty.

I'm also hoping more than anyone that a bunch of people here who have waited patiently will start minting blocks after the fork.

I will be doing live network analysis when the fork goes live. I'll give updates. This is a big deal to the whole team. We want Turbo Stake to go well and to reward stakers and most of all secure the network.

Right now 14 of the last 40 blocks have been PoS.

Synergy Dev Team
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:54:32 AM

I'm around and waiting more anxiously than anyone for the fork. The only new thing in the fork is a drop of the minimum PoS difficulty.

I'm also hoping more than anyone that a bunch of people here who have waited patiently will start minting blocks after the fork.

I will be doing live network analysis when the fork goes live. I'll give updates. This is a big deal to the whole team. We want Turbo Stake to go well and to reward stakers and most of all secure the network.

Right now 14 of the last 40 blocks have been PoS.

I have about 14,000 coins and have not staked a single coin -- so i am curious to see how this plays out --

- it would be nice if there was a block explorer that has a rich list and number of wallets to actually see what is going on -- just my 2 cents

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 04:02:55 AM

So you are getting POS blocks?  See, this is what makes no sense to me.  My weight is 7774 with about 38 blocks of coins averaging around 100, yet I have hit 0 POS blocks!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: