Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:46:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SNRG] 🔥 Synergy 🔥 Cloud.Synergycoin.com Cloud Bot Now Live!! 🔥  (Read 162093 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Grandpa Jones (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 05:13:11 PM

I have 2 connections with the wallet, but it isn't syncing.

Yesterday it synced fine until i got 3 POS blocks/rewards after that it stopped syncing.

Am i doing something wrong or do i need some addnodes??

Below are the latest instructions for a complete re-sync ("fresh start").

First, as always, back up your wallet.dat from the File menu.

Second, whether or not you are certain you are using the right client, please go to the OP and download the client for your system. Just make sure you are using the right client.

Third, delete your peers.dat, onion, and tor directories before you restart. This clears your Tor caches in case you have any problems with your Tor connection.

Fourth, sync from the bootstrap:

Finally, as soon as you are synced and connected, start staking.

Synergy Dev Team

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Starin

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Infected Mushroom

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 05:14:49 PM

Here is my question:

Somehow I managed to stake before to hard fork, to be exact, 20 times. With the hard fork am I going to lose my 20x that I built before?

I am asking this because I got a 0 reward stake from experimental build. Which shows Turbo: 0x.

Your multiplier only looks at the last 48 hours, it doesn't stack up.  So if all your stakes were over 48 hours ago, your multiplier will be back at 0.  I think it was a minor oversight because it appears the multiplier starts at 0 for first stake, 1 for 2nd, 2 for 3rd, and so on.  So you effectively need to stake 3 blocks before you get to at least 2x and the multiplier takes effect.

If you are asking if the 0 multiplier multiplies your reward by 0, thereby giving you a 0 reward, no it doesn't.  You still get your standard stake reward.

Well, that sucks to be honest. It would only award big wallets therefore your idea of fair distrubition through staking seems not possible.

Grandpa Jones (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:11:47 PM

Here is my question:

Somehow I managed to stake before to hard fork, to be exact, 20 times. With the hard fork am I going to lose my 20x that I built before?

I am asking this because I got a 0 reward stake from experimental build. Which shows Turbo: 0x.

Your multiplier only looks at the last 48 hours, it doesn't stack up.  So if all your stakes were over 48 hours ago, your multiplier will be back at 0.  I think it was a minor oversight because it appears the multiplier starts at 0 for first stake, 1 for 2nd, 2 for 3rd, and so on.  So you effectively need to stake 3 blocks before you get to at least 2x and the multiplier takes effect.

If you are asking if the 0 multiplier multiplies your reward by 0, thereby giving you a 0 reward, no it doesn't.  You still get your standard stake reward.

Well, that sucks to be honest. It would only award big wallets therefore your idea of fair distrubition through staking seems not possible.

SockPuppet is trying to help, but his explanation is a little inaccurate.

The network rejects any 0 PoS block reward and therefore any 0 multiplier. You start at 1, not 0, in all cases. I actually put out an "experimental" release yesterday allowing users to submit 0 block rewards, but as a lot of people experienced, it played havoc with the network because 0 block rewards were rejected by non-experimental clients, even if they didn't mint the block themselves.

Finally, in terms of fair distribution, we don't know how Turbo Stake will play out. Cryptocurrencies are by nature experimental, especially alt coins that want to break new ground. Let's see what happens with Turbo Stake. In the end, I believe the most dedicated stakers will win, whether they start small or not. This isn't all luck. Staking and supporting the network requires effort, especially early in the life of a PoW/PoS hybrid. We hope Turbo Stake will appropriately reward this effort.

Synergy Dev Team
Starin

Infected Mushroom

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 06:20:34 PM

Well I don't have dozens of coins. I mined the first day and my wallet has been up and running since than. What I can't understand is why multiplier goes to 0 after 2 days, shouldn't it stay? Practically it is impossible to stake to 280 if you are not a whale.

Grandpa Jones (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:24:26 PM

Well I don't have dozens of coins. I mined the first day and my wallet has been up and running since than. What I can't understand is why multiplier goes to 0 after 2 days, shouldn't it stay? Practically it is impossible to stake to 280 if you are not a whale.

Your multiplier should never be 0. Where are you seeing this? If you see a 0 multiplier somewhere, then you need to make sure you are running the official 1.0.4.0 client. Please follow these instructions: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1070124.msg11507410#msg11507410

Whales won't even get 288 most likely. It's just an absolute cap on the multiplier.

Synergy Dev Team
Starin

Infected Mushroom

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 06:26:24 PM

Your multiplier should never be 0. Where are you seeing this? If you see a 0 multiplier somewhere, then you need to make sure you are running the official 1.0.4.0 client. Please follow these instructions: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1070124.msg11507410#msg11507410

Whales won't even get 288 most likely. It's simply an absolute cap on the multiplier.

It's not 0, I meant it being resetted. I just staked after two days and my multiplier was 4x btw.

Grandpa Jones (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:26:55 PM

Following the lead of ocminer, we've got another contest for Bittrex!  Give this a retweet for your chance to win 100 SNRG!

https://twitter.com/SynergyCoin/status/605439274159210497

Synergy Dev Team
Framauro

Activity: 431

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 08:52:02 PM

I have 2 connections with the wallet, but it isn't syncing.

Yesterday it synced fine until i got 3 POS blocks/rewards after that it stopped syncing.

Am i doing something wrong or do i need some addnodes??

Below are the latest instructions for a complete re-sync ("fresh start").

First, as always, back up your wallet.dat from the File menu.

Second, whether or not you are certain you are using the right client, please go to the OP and download the client for your system. Just make sure you are using the right client.

Third, delete your peers.dat, onion, and tor directories before you restart. This clears your Tor caches in case you have any problems with your Tor connection.

Fourth, sync from the bootstrap:

Finally, as soon as you are synced and connected, start staking.

It worked, thanks for the support Grin
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 09:15:24 PM

Here is my question:

Your multiplier only looks at the last 48 hours, it doesn't stack up.  So if all your stakes were over 48 hours ago, your multiplier will be back at 0.  I think it was a minor oversight because it appears the multiplier starts at 0 for first stake, 1 for 2nd, 2 for 3rd, and so on.  So you effectively need to stake 3 blocks before you get to at least 2x and the multiplier takes effect.

If you are asking if the 0 multiplier multiplies your reward by 0, thereby giving you a 0 reward, no it doesn't.  You still get your standard stake reward.

SockPuppet is trying to help, but his explanation is a little inaccurate.

The network rejects any 0 PoS block reward and therefore any 0 multiplier. You start at 1, not 0, in all cases. I actually put out an "experimental" release yesterday allowing users to submit 0 block rewards, but as a lot of people experienced, it played havoc with the network because 0 block rewards were rejected by non-experimental clients, even if they didn't mint the block themselves.

Finally, in terms of fair distribution, we don't know how Turbo Stake will play out. Cryptocurrencies are by nature experimental, especially alt coins that want to break new ground. Let's see what happens with Turbo Stake. In the end, I believe the most dedicated stakers will win, whether they start small or not. This isn't all luck. Staking and supporting the network requires effort, especially early in the life of a PoW/PoS hybrid. We hope Turbo Stake will appropriately reward this effort.

I figured the multiplier started out at 0 because as you can see, my first 2 stakes were both 1x.  I assumed behind the scenes it counted your first 2 stakes as 0 and 1, but effectively rewarded them both as 1x.
Grandpa Jones (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:42:25 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2015, 10:04:39 PM by Grandpa Jones

I figured the multiplier started out at 0 because as you can see, my first 2 stakes were both 1x.  I assumed behind the scenes it counted your first 2 stakes as 0 and 1, but effectively rewarded them both as 1x.

No, the Turbo Stake code never sets the stake counter to 0. This is a technical point, but I'm the programmer and thought very carefully about that counter, so it's a significant point to me at least.

The multiplier is effectively calculated like this:

Code:
multiplier = stakes * 1440 / blocks

Where stakes is the number of stakes you have and blocks is the number of blocks over the prior 2 days.

It uses integer division, to prevent floating point inaccuracies that propagate to rounding differences.

Integer division does not use rounding, but instead is basically a floor function. For example, this 999999 / 1000000 is 0 by integer division. Since the 1.0.4.0 update, if the above ratio is 0, the multiplier is set to 1. If the above ratio is 1 or more, the ratio is used as the multiplier.

So, technically speaking, in case anyone but me cares, neither the stake counter nor the multiplier is ever 0 for blocks that make it into the block chain.

Synergy Dev Team
Live4Crypto

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:47:25 PM

I haven't had a chance to read through the last few pages completely, but the website looks great!  It's nice to see a clean site where information can actually be found rather than trying to dig through a fancy site with barely any info.
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 10:04:02 PM

I figured the multiplier started out at 0 because as you can see, my first 2 stakes were both 1x.  I assumed behind the scenes it counted your first 2 stakes as 0 and 1, but effectively rewarded them both as 1x.

No, the Turbo Stake code never sets the stake counter to 0. This is a technical point, but I'm the programmer and thought very carefully about that counter, so it's a significant point to me at least.

The multiplier is effectively calculated like this:

Code:
stakes * 1440 / blocks

Where stakes is the number of stakes you have and blocks is the number of blocks over the prior 2 days.

It uses integer division, to prevent floating point inaccuracies that propagate to rounding differences.

Integer division does not use rounding, but instead is basically a floor function. For example, this 999999 / 1000000 is 0 by integer division. Since the 1.0.4.0 update, if the above ratio is 0, the multiplier is set to 1. If the above ratio is 1 or more, the ratio is used as the multiplier.

So, technically speaking, in case anyone but me cares, neither the stake counter nor the multiplier is ever 0 for blocks that make it into the block chain.

Ahhhh, that makes sense.  It turns out that what was happening behind the scenes was slightly more complicated than I had imagined.  Actually I didn't think twice about it until Starin posted his question about a 0x multiplier.  Then I cooked up my theory, and like you said, was trying to be helpful.  Thankfully you are an active dev and pop in to clear up my wild assumptions!
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 01:18:58 AM

I really wish there was a block explorer with a Rich List and Wallet info

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Grandpa Jones (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 01:23:12 AM

We are working with Cryptobe to get them back up and running ASAP.  They updated, just need to re-sync.

Synergy Dev Team
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 01:42:33 AM

We are working with Cryptobe to get them back up and running ASAP.  They updated, just need to re-sync.

We're having trouble syncing above block 4820 on the new wallet after deleting everything in the hidden directory.

Code:
{
    "version" : "v1.0.4.0",
    "protocolversion" : 61040,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 4820,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "moneysupply" : 243706.14186867,
    "connections" : 3,
    "proxy" : "",
    "ip" : "0.0.0.0",
    "difficulty" : {
        "proof-of-work" : 34.49933991,
        "proof-of-stake" : 0.00045380
    },
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1433102565,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00062500,
    "mininput" : 0.00000000,
    "errors" : "Make sure version is 1.0.4.0 - Mining Done: PoS Only!"
}

EDIT: We have fixed the problem and the blocks are at the moment being resynced.

EDIT: Blocks are updated now.
skyline247

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 02:26:51 AM

Very nice website, and really digging the new OP. Best OP I've seen in a while on here. Lately it's been post a few lines of crap and some fancy roadmap that is way beyond anybody's expectations could ever fathom. This Dev looks like he's really in it for the long haul.
  Thanks Dev for sticking in there and putting up with us. Great job. Keep up the great work!
Grandpa Jones (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 03:04:07 AM

Very nice website, and really digging the new OP. Best OP I've seen in a while on here. Lately it's been post a few lines of crap and some fancy roadmap that is way beyond anybody's expectations could ever fathom. This Dev looks like he's really in it for the long haul.
  Thanks Dev for sticking in there and putting up with us. Great job. Keep up the great work!

Thank you for the kind words.   We're continuously making improvements and if you've got suggestions, we're all ears!

Synergy Dev Team
skyline247

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 03:33:35 AM

Thank you for the kind words.   We're continuously making improvements and if you've got suggestions, we're all ears!

You're quite welcome. I call 'em as I see 'em. Thanks for the continuing updates, support, and improvements. As far as suggestions, I've got tons of them, but none really feasible at this state of the cryptocurrency world. Not just your coin but all cryptocurrency.
  I have mixed feelings about Gavin Andresen's quest to increase the block size of Bitcoin, but I do know that altcoins better step up their game if it is implemented. There's a huge change on the near horizon, and the cryptocurrency that we know today will be entirely different in as little as a few years from now.
  Strive toward mainstream adoption, and you've got yourself a winning coin. Make it easy to use, and highly recognizable. Make it so understandable and adoptable that I can go into my local grocery store in this small, podunk town that I live in and ask "do you accept X coin" without the clerk looking at you like she really needs to call the cops - and fast!
  How to go about achieving these goals, I haven't the slightest. So for now, just keep doing what you've been doing, and we'll leave my pipe dreams to simmer for the meantime. Thanks again, and forgive my flight of fancy. Keep on keeping on.
Grandpa Jones (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:02:59 AM

I have mixed feelings about Gavin Andresen's quest to increase the block size of Bitcoin, but I do know that altcoins better step up their game if it is implemented. There's a huge change on the near horizon, and the cryptocurrency that we know today will be entirely different in as little as a few years from now.

On this, our block size is only 256k, compared to bitcoin's present 1 MB. We have no plans to increase it just for the sake of saying we have really big blocks.

Synergy Dev Team
SirLolicon

Activity: 322

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:13:15 AM

Liking this alt-coin so far. Hopefully it doesn't get totally dumped.
How does "Turbo-Stake" Work?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: