Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:52:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you, Bitlane.  (Read 2688 times)
Coincomm (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 03:08:59 AM

Thank you for exposing and toppling the insecure and poorly-managed investment program that was Bitcoin Savings and Trust. By sensing something was wrong, alerting the community and causing a bank run, you let BTCST deflate before getting much larger and becoming a larger threat to the Bitcoin community.

Bitlane, you may have reduced the loss. We could of lost far more than $5 million dollars in Bitcoins if Pirate continued to operate and borrow money.

You have served us well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 03:12:10 AM

Thank you for exposing and toppling the insecure and poorly-managed investment program that was Bitcoin Savings and Trust. By sensing something was wrong, alerting the community and causing a bank run, you let BTCST deflate before getting much larger and becoming a larger threat to the Bitcoin community.

Bitlane, you may have reduced the loss. We could of lost far more than $5 million dollars in Bitcoins if Pirate continued to run and borrow money.

You have served us well.

It ain't over yet.  GPUMax is still running and people are still begging to be let into it.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 05:37:45 AM

I still want my money back though....LOL

mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 06:39:47 AM

Did you get any of it back? I think most of everyone at gpumax got their coins. I got paid.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 06:57:01 AM

Did you get any of it back? I think most of everyone at gpumax got their coins. I got paid.

I got a few 'warm wishes' for being a 'loud-mouthed-asshole'...but no money....LMAO

I also quit GPUMAX in May. I am more concerned about my BTCST money...hehe

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 07:00:34 AM

I got a few 'warm wishes' for being a 'loud-mouthed-asshole'...but no money....LMAO

I also quit GPUMAX in May. I am more concerned about my BTCST money...hehe

You probably laundered your own coins  Smiley

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 07:29:17 AM

You probably laundered your own coins  Smiley

Suffering from Split-Personality Disorder, I can not be held responsible for what each personality decides to do or take part in Wink

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 12:33:21 PM

This is a good point.

We were hearing rumours for months that Pirate has in fact defaulted but the dummies that he had for "investors" were just letting it slide. We were hearing rumous for months that the passthroughs are only a convenient way to allow the scammer to pay some of the "inner circle" interest with fresh money from small timers who will never be repaid and can never do anything about it.

By puncturing the circle of bullshit Bitlane did the community a big favour. The perpetrators of the passthrough scams however have a lot to answer for. And so does the Global Scam Exchange that allowed all this to happen.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 01:47:49 AM

This is a good point.

We were hearing rumours for months that Pirate has in fact defaulted but the dummies that he had for "investors" were just letting it slide. We were hearing rumous for months that the passthroughs are only a convenient way to allow the scammer to pay some of the "inner circle" interest with fresh money from small timers who will never be repaid and can never do anything about it.

By puncturing the circle of bullshit Bitlane did the community a big favour. The perpetrators of the passthrough scams however have a lot to answer for. And so does the Global Scam Exchange that allowed all this to happen.

I suppose it would be too much to ask for you to write a single post without criticizing GLBSE in the same meaningless fashion.

Bitlane, I wish you luck on getting your money back. At this point, you may need it.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 02:08:06 AM

When do the Scammer tags get distributed?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 02:23:09 AM

Thank you bitlane. Good job.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 03:34:50 AM

This is a good point.

Yet you never make a scam accusations thread. Is that because you have no evidence ?

BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 03:55:00 AM

This is a good point.

Yet you never make a scam accusations thread. Is that because you have no evidence ?

Evidence? Antiquated practices, man. Who needs silly stuff like that?

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
labestiol

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 03:18:36 PM

It ain't over yet.  GPUMax is still running and people are still begging to be let into it.
[/quote]

You mean miners ? Or people buying untainted coins ?
I still don't get who would want to untaint coins at that price... (btw, someone could give me the average premium paid ? I heard around 20%)

1BestioLC7YBVh8Q5LfH6RYURD6MrpP8y6
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 11:55:54 PM

bitcoin.me: See here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77268.msg983177#msg983177

We have also received unsubstantiated claims that in fact multiple creditors have agreed to either extend terms, lower interests or both on outstanding loans.
That'd be the 23rd of June. Just because you don't know how to read and whom to read doesn't mean things aren't happening. Get with the program.

BinaryMage: Are you going to apologize now?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 12:10:30 AM

Thank you bitlane. Good job.

I deserve no thanking. I deserve nothing. I deserve to get re-paid.

I came to terms with what I have lost, faith being one of them and I 'put my money' where my mouth was.

There were too many people that stood to lose far more than me and they were shackled by fear and were forced to remain silent.
I simply said fuck it.

No where did I LIE. No where did I post libelous commentary. I posted 100% truth, which can be far more damaging in this situation than lies anyway.

I hope to be paid. I hope others that have far more to lose, get paid more so.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: