Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:03:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: JOSHUA ZIPKINS THE MAN WHO DDOS'd BTCTALK!!!!  (Read 5025 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 07:13:18 PM

What QS said is true. CCN is not a credible news site. They use lot of speculation and tell it's a fact.

@OP: I recommend you to message CoinTelegraph. You need to provide them with valid proof. CoinDesk is also good.

The article and the claims are garbage. I skimmed it once and I skimmed it again, it goes like this:

Bitcointalk is great
AMT + Joshua Zipkin sucks
We don't like Josua Zipkin *insert random old screenshots*
He would enjoy if Bitcointalk broke
Therefore Joshua Zipkin hacked Bitcointalk + add some question marks so can't be sued

If there is some actual evidence in there, please point it out.

So the full content of skype chats (in my sig) is not evidence enough? Kinda hard to make that much stuff up. Easy to check against the forums posts as well. And the screenshots are not random or old. In fact I challenge you to find earlier versions of those. I took those screenshots on the 25th to CCN as they were requesting them. They have unedited versions I provided as well  but these are cropped to preserve the privacy of other people on my contact list.

And there is no hard proof he did do this. BUT there is plenty of evidence if one is looking. For instance. Joshua Zipkin's twitter has been very active with alot of SEO friendly links. Things that would bump him up on the rankings. This is something he is known for. In fact before mining this was his thing. Someone with his level of desperation would hire someone to bring this forum down. Considering that there are others in the same circumstance, its very plausible that he conspired with his family/buddies in KNC, Technobit and bitmine.ch to bring this down. Their petahash operation cant generate new business if their reputations are smeared here. Business is lost.

Joshua made it his mission to bring this forum down, there are others who can back this information up.

No, that is not evidence that he hacked anything. This quote just highlights the problems in the article:

Quote from: CCN
There are other suspects, surely. Butterfly Labs came to many people’s minds...

BFL is NOT a suspect - a term which means a very specific thing - its just an entity that could potentially have a motive. And exactly the same falsified logic is used against Josh, all we have is him wanting the forum to be gone in posts from 6-12 months ago. Along with you detailed how you are able to manipulate the moderators and ck in particular... Continuing that, is Bicknellski a "suspect" of the hacking because he doesn't like the moderation / lack of moderation / perceived biasses of admins on here? No of course not, he's just another party in a huge line of people who may benefit from bct disappearing.

Considering that there are others in the same circumstance, its very plausible that he conspired with his family/buddies in KNC, Technobit and bitmine.ch to bring this down.
You see? You're trying to spin a conspiracy into "he did it" when its just that, a conspiracy. And CCN has run with it because clicks = money.

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:12:14 PM

Continuing that, my #1 fan is a "suspect" of the hacking because he doesn't like the moderation / lack of moderation / perceived biasses of admins on here?
There you go again... Dragging him into something completely unrelated.

You really are a sad, bitter person, aren't you ?
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:16:38 PM

What QS said is true. CCN is not a credible news site. They use lot of speculation and tell it's a fact.

@OP: I recommend you to message CoinTelegraph. You need to provide them with valid proof. CoinDesk is also good.

The article and the claims are garbage. I skimmed it once and I skimmed it again, it goes like this:

Bitcointalk is great
AMT + Joshua Zipkin sucks
We don't like Josua Zipkin *insert random old screenshots*
He would enjoy if Bitcointalk broke
Therefore Joshua Zipkin hacked Bitcointalk + add some question marks so can't be sued

If there is some actual evidence in there, please point it out.

So the full content of skype chats (in my sig) is not evidence enough? Kinda hard to make that much stuff up. Easy to check against the forums posts as well. And the screenshots are not random or old. In fact I challenge you to find earlier versions of those. I took those screenshots on the 25th to CCN as they were requesting them. They have unedited versions I provided as well  but these are cropped to preserve the privacy of other people on my contact list.

And there is no hard proof he did do this. BUT there is plenty of evidence if one is looking. For instance. Joshua Zipkin's twitter has been very active with alot of SEO friendly links. Things that would bump him up on the rankings. This is something he is known for. In fact before mining this was his thing. Someone with his level of desperation would hire someone to bring this forum down. Considering that there are others in the same circumstance, its very plausible that he conspired with his family/buddies in KNC, Technobit and bitmine.ch to bring this down. Their petahash operation cant generate new business if their reputations are smeared here. Business is lost.

Joshua made it his mission to bring this forum down, there are others who can back this information up.

No, that is not evidence that he hacked anything. This quote just highlights the problems in the article:

Quote from: CCN
There are other suspects, surely. Butterfly Labs came to many people’s minds...

BFL is NOT a suspect - a term which means a very specific thing - its just an entity that could potentially have a motive. And exactly the same falsified logic is used against Josh, all we have is him wanting the forum to be gone in posts from 6-12 months ago. Along with you detailed how you are able to manipulate the moderators and ck in particular... Continuing that, is Bicknellski a "suspect" of the hacking because he doesn't like the moderation / lack of moderation / perceived biasses of admins on here? No of course not, he's just another party in a huge line of people who may benefit from bct disappearing.

Considering that there are others in the same circumstance, its very plausible that he conspired with his family/buddies in KNC, Technobit and bitmine.ch to bring this down.
You see? You're trying to spin a conspiracy into "he did it" when its just that, a conspiracy. And CCN has run with it because clicks = money.

At any point was I never said he himself hacked the site. BUT I am reasonably certain based on ALOT of information I already have and have posted to this forum, that he had something to do with this. If he gets investigated I am sure something will drop regarding this. Since his last post on BCT the site has been hacked twice. This is not forensic by any stretch, but its certainly a lead and someone with extreme motive and means (money stolen from clients). So he certainly could have gotten someone to do this considering he approached me and others on this. Its worth investigating considering his other actions.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 09:25:16 PM

Continuing that, my #1 fan is a "suspect" of the hacking because he doesn't like the moderation / lack of moderation / perceived biasses of admins on here?

Someone is wearing an eye patch, look at the post just above Roll Eyes. As I said last time, everything is about Bick because he makes it about Bick. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1071281.msg11464695#msg11464695

At any point was I never said he himself hacked the site. BUT I am reasonably certain based on ALOT of information I already have and have posted to this forum, that he had something to do with this. If he gets investigated I am sure something will drop regarding this. Since his last post on BCT the site has been hacked twice. This is not forensic by any stretch, but its certainly a lead and someone with extreme motive and means (money stolen from clients). So he certainly could have gotten someone to do this considering he approached me and others on this. Its worth investigating considering his other actions.
That's a different perspective to the CCN article which basically concluded he did it + Huh??. Motive is not evidence, its motive.

opieum2

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:47:43 PM

Someone is wearing an eye patch, look at the post just above Roll Eyes. As I said last time, everything is about Bick because he makes it about Bick. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1071281.msg11464695#msg11464695

That's a different perspective to the CCN article which basically concluded he did it + Huh??. Motive is not evidence, its motive.

As there is no other known lead to this besides the IP and email Theymos posted, this is as good as anything to investigate first. Josh has proven to be good at opening the right doors for himself. Its known he has the money for this ergo the means. He has a court case that would fall apart as much as the evidence used against him (his own words) are from this very site. If he loses the case its millions he is on the hook for, and if for some reason he cant pay it, he is on the hook for millions. Which will lead to a federal investigation. All these things are known to him. So yes if anyone has a strong motivation to bring this site down its him. CCN did not appear to present this as he did it. Maybe with the catchy title, but thats typical of any news organization these days. Sensationalism sells. either way the word is out there and the facts are available for those who want to dig deeper.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2498

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 11:31:47 PM

Bitcointalk was DDoS'd?
No.
The OP picked a bad name for the thread. However they were hacked via Social Engineering Hack. Once their intrusion was detected the Forum went off-line for cleanup.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 11:45:15 PM

As for the article, I tend to agree that CCN may not have been the best place to go to BUT the piece does start out saying that is is speculative article.

While the Skype convos do point a finger at Josh as a possible perp, that is all it says. No where does the article conclude that Joshua Zipkin had anything to do with it. It only brings up that he *and/or others* could well have been involved.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 02:26:40 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2015, 03:13:27 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

Forget thee not Joshua Zipkin also has (now publicly) stated intent per the Skype chats. And before ya get into that aspect (the chats) ref to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=830189.msg9277338#msg9277338 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=830189.msg9277558#msg9277558

However, I agree that there certainly is no smoking gun and in fact Jeff Owenby of BFL has some recent though again, so far let's say 'insetting, links to the hack as well.

Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 02:42:24 AM

Someone is wearing an eye patch, look at the post just above Roll Eyes
Only thing that's making me salty is the fact that you two haven't gotten a room yet, with the way you're carrying on here.

You two come off as a bitter married couple that likes to snipe at each other, then hate-fuck afterwards.

It's pathetic. Both of you.

/salt
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 03:47:03 AM

Based on my primarily review of this person's background, it doesn't sound like he is exactly a great guy. With that being said, I don't think that anything CCN publishes is going to be reliable or credible. The evidence presented in the article means nothing as Skype logs can be faked, as can screenshots.

Even if the Skype logs prove to be legit, that doesn't mean that he was the one behind the hack. I am sure that there are a lot of people who want to hack the forum for a wide range of reasons.
Re: The Skype chats, They came from my chatroom originally setup to find out a solution to the A1 miner problem AMT/Bitmine.ch had. ref  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=830189.msg9277338#msg9277338 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=830189.msg9277558#msg9277558

As for the hack, yes, no smoking gun. Just intent and motive though the article does (briefly) point out that other parties are just as er, miffed, at Bitcointalk. Only difference we have Joshua Zipkin himself on record actually making an offer for someone to do it. But - still not definitive proof.

rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 04:20:09 AM

He contacted me via Skype because he thought I was a computer security expert. It just happens that such an expert shares my name.

I have no doubt that he was trying to get a hold of me for nefarious reasons. He didn't seem to believe me at first when I told him he had the wrong guy. Though luckily he kept talking to me.

He lost his shit when I posted some of our chat to Bitcoin talk. He was ignoring me at the time, but that got his attention.

Obviously there is no evidence that we have (yet) that it was him. Theymos might be the only one who will get the needed info to piece it together. We do know this though. Zipkin had the intent to hack the forums as show in the skpye chats, The motive in trying to clean up his image and get rid of anything that could be used against him at trial, and the means if not by directly doing it then by paying some one to do it.

Yes there are other groups or people here that would have the motive ans the means, but I'm not sure others have such strong support for intent.

Hell even Bruno posted the death threats that zipkin made while chatting with me.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
zeeshsnrehman2

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Where is Teddy?

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 04:25:55 AM

Is quickseller trying to bury the association?

Interesting in deed.

Opi stop listening to QS I doubt he knows anything more about all this than you do personally and spread the information FAR and WIDE leave no media or agency untouched with the information. Some of it will stick. Mister Quickseller is anonymous entity on these boards and covers up his location / identity for someone that is supposedly trustworthy you might want to be more careful in your interactions with this user Opi.

i second that, a lot of their information that were supposed to be "facts" turns out to be theories.

we should get a valued member to start a NEWS for crypto. a real news. not just a website attracting traffic for ads.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1074532.msg11485808#msg11485808

Summary - Mr.Bean 2.0   Picture/Text
Name:   Mr.Bean 2.0
Activity:   0
Position:   Brand new
Date Registered:   Today at 12:48:26 AM
Last Active:   Today at 12:54:08 AM
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 06:27:04 AM

so this is the recent reason why btctalk was down?

I really doubt it.. how do you know this person really this like wheres the proof? I read some of it, then just stopped.

opieum2

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 11:16:59 AM

The title is misleading. But the actual evidence (skype chats among other things) points to him likley being him. He certainly has the money to hire someone. He had been looking for someone for a long time. He attempted to hire me twice, I declined. I get there is alot of doubt here. But honestly he has the most motive. With him and his friends in KNC and bitmine running a petahash operation (this is known), and all of them with pending lawsuits where much of the evidence used against them is in this forum from their words....yea they are in a mess and have a strong financial motive to bring this forum down.

With a hack that compromises passwords, they COULD state the forum was compromised and the legal footing and data integrity in a case would be at risk.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 01:47:24 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2015, 03:41:29 AM by Bicknellski

Someone is wearing an eye patch, look at the post just above Roll Eyes
Only thing that's making me salty is the fact that you two haven't gotten a room yet, with the way you're carrying on here.

You two come off as a bitter married couple that likes to snipe at each other, then hate-fuck afterwards.

It's pathetic. Both of you.

/salt

Meh.

Guys a fraudster let the UK gov't sort em out.  All that matters really is this guy can't be trusted plenty of evidence for that now.

As for Zipkin anyone willing to throw out death threats is willing to pay for the forum to be taken down. Anyone think he isn't capable of hiring someone to do that is mistaken.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:26:58 AM

Joshua Zipkin's Social Security Number: moderator note: posting sensitive personal information is not allowed

Since when? This forum is full of sensitive personal information.

Buy & Hold
opieum2

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:18:50 AM

Joshua Zipkin's Social Security Number: moderator note: posting sensitive personal information is not allowed

Yea didnt seem to be a problem when Joshua ZIpkin Doxxed me and the mods left my real name up. Was not until Josh removed it under threat of legal action that he removed it. Mods were nowhere to be found considering that the removal post was there. Either way tho, his SSN doesnt really matter.

The only thing that matters is the money he stole from all of his clients and blatant fraud. Not to mention answering getting investigated for the hack. It is my opinion that he is the one who financed this. He certainly was involved in my opinion based on all his various statements. He has the means and most of all motive. Not to mention he has made death threats on people on here before, so why would a hacking attempt be any less of an issue for him?

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:06:24 AM

I don't think you understand the difference between public "personal" information and private information.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
alani123
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1406

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:20:28 PM

Sad truth is that this forum has been completely irresponsible with handling 'private information'. It's a bit odd how Josh's info gets erased so quickly while Doxes of other members including more sensitive info than just that are out in the open. If mods have just started keeping an eye out for such things then I guess that it is a good thing but prior to that I had only seen topic that supposedly included information about theymos being removed.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:24:36 PM

I had only seen topic that supposedly included information about theymos being removed.

I served a 45 day ban for posting Theymos' dox located on the blockchain. AMA.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: