Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:23:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin investing  (Read 19948 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:26:47 PM

My advice will be to keep your coins as such, without investing in anything. People invest using fiat cash, because it is not protected against inflation, and therefore the real worth decreases with time. On the other hand, Bitcoin is protected against inflation (as a result of the limited supply) and therefore, its real net worth remains the same over time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:50:55 PM

My advice will be to keep your coins as such, without investing in anything. People invest using fiat cash, because it is not protected against inflation, and therefore the real worth decreases with time. On the other hand, Bitcoin is protected against inflation (as a result of the limited supply) and therefore, its real net worth remains the same over time.

Without investing in anything I dont think it will be worth enough just to keep your coin in your wallet. You should make more coin as fast as you can

before the price will go high. Altough there are many people using fiat to convert it to bitcoin you must make sure that your coin is going to grow more

by doing some investment to earn more so you can get grow your coin in 2 ways
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:23:41 PM

I think investing make you earn a big profit and you shouldn't keep your coins in your wallet you may invest it or make a business. Yeah thats right its protected to inflation but you must invest so that you can grow your money
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:24:33 PM

Owning a couple coins is a guaranteed success in 1+ years. Think about the % of population that owns even 1 entire BTC and think how many will want a piece of it in the near future. Just connect the dots.
Unbelive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:19:36 PM

Owning a couple coins is a guaranteed success in 1+ years. Think about the % of population that owns even 1 entire BTC and think how many will want a piece of it in the near future. Just connect the dots.

I will not share mine with anyone. I will keep it till year 2100 and then i will Spam everyone with it (depending how high will be transaction fee at that time. And donated them 1 satoshi and wished them Happy new Year.

BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:49:36 PM

I think investing make you earn a big profit and you shouldn't keep your coins in your wallet you may invest it or make a business. Yeah thats right its protected to inflation but you must invest so that you can grow your money

There are no such investments in this world. Its true that doing some investment will earn you a lot of profit but that is not a promising investment, may be its like a ponzi that can double or triple your amount. For a legit investment I dont think that will earn much may be you will get decent of money from legit one
DataSecurityNode

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 03:57:11 PM

so, what id like to do is invest bitcoins to a stock or mutual fund account, but am not sure the best way to go about it. any tips/advice?

Hey Phillip

A good place to start to look at whats out there and who is performing is this site: https://en.bitmakler.com/cloudmining

Of course always do your own due diligence.. but at least you got someone here who is publicly sharing their own experience.. can save you some time perhaps in terms of where to look first.

Another brand new crypto investment that hasn't been launched yet but is coming soon can be found at http://www.bunkershares.ca/

Good luck with your journey and hope you make tons of coin!
softstorb

Activity: 228

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 04:09:21 PM

Bitcoin growth is crazy fast, people are think oh its been over 5 years. lol 5 years Is absolutely nothing sepcially when it comes to create a decentalised economy
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 04:29:20 PM

Investing can make big profits, and at the same time, it can make huge losses as well. If there is a 50% chance of getting a profit, there is also a 50% chance of getting a loss. There are no risk-free investments in this world. Even the United States treasury bonds are not 100% safe. And from my experience, I can say with a great deal of surety that none of the Bitcoin-based investments are without a risk.
Dotakels

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 05:34:16 AM

Investing can make big profits, and at the same time, it can make huge losses as well. If there is a 50% chance of getting a profit, there is also a 50% chance of getting a loss. There are no risk-free investments in this world. Even the United States treasury bonds are not 100% safe. And from my experience, I can say with a great deal of surety that none of the Bitcoin-based investments are without a risk.
All business or all method that you can use to grow your money or your coins have a risk, but remember the higher the risk the higher return if the investment or the business will success.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:18:57 AM

I will not share mine with anyone. I will keep it till year 2100 and then i will Spam everyone with it (depending how high will be transaction fee at that time. And donated them 1 satoshi and wished them Happy new Year.

you will be dead by that time, long holding need a way to retrieve your bitcoin for someone else, in the future in case you are not here anymore, this is another problem related to bitcoin long-term investment
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 08:12:15 AM

All business or all method that you can use to grow your money or your coins have a risk, but remember the higher the risk the higher return if the investment or the business will success.

High risk investments means that the investment is having a 20% chance of making a huge profit (~ 10x), and there is a 80% chance of losing all the money. It is like a gamble. The logic is that if you invest $100 each in to ten ventures, on average two of them will give you a 10x return, thereby doubling your capital.
syuhide

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 08:15:30 AM

so, what id like to do is invest bitcoins to a stock or mutual fund account, but am not sure the best way to go about it. any tips/advice?

i think mutual fund will be better for long typo investment..
stock market can be risky..i have seen a lot of my friens investing in stock market and all day they are busy in checking their market value..
but in mutual fund you will able to sleep as it gradually will pay you sure..
rest is on your ease...

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 08:16:21 AM

If you have confidence in bitcoin and what the future holds, other than holding on to your stash you can also consider investing in startups which the business model are bitcoin related. If you are willing to take the risk, you can also opt for margin trading to get higher returns. It's kind of risky because there's a possible you will end up with nothing. so you might want to consider all your options.

Dotakels

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 12:31:55 PM

High risk investments means that the investment is having a 20% chance of making a huge profit (~ 10x), and there is a 80% chance of losing all the money. It is like a gamble. The logic is that if you invest $100 each in to ten ventures, on average two of them will give you a 10x return, thereby doubling your capital.
Yeah if you diversify your money and put it in different investment after a few months or years you will earn a big profit and if you lose from other investment i think that your other investment take over your lost form that investment.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 12:57:59 PM

if this is the game, than the profit in the long term is guaranteed, and it's not really a gambling anymore

with a simply example of investing 100(as you said) it mean that 8 times out of 10 you will lose 100, so a total of 800 in loss, but in the others 2 times you will win 100 x10x2, so 2k total, thus a net of 1200 every 10 trials....
Unbelive

Activity: 210

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 01:18:09 PM

you will be dead by that time, long holding need a way to retrieve your bitcoin for someone else, in the future in case you are not here anymore, this is another problem related to bitcoin long-term investment

lol i think you are right. i should exercise a lot to gain such age. But sadly, i dont Sad
So i will have to change my plan and move it on year 2050.

ilyasilyaso

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 03:07:56 PM

i prefer to invest and graoning the betcoin because the price will be so higher
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:36:33 PM

lol i think you are right. i should exercise a lot to gain such age. But sadly, i dont Sad
So i will have to change my plan and move it on year 2050.

2050 I`d be dead or probably forgot about where my cold wallet can be.

But yeah, bitcoin should be viewed in years not in the measurement of an overnight haul. Which is why most are gambling it away, trying to gain a mass amount to cash out while it has "value" left in their eyes.

techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:23:42 PM

Yeah if you diversify your money and put it in different investment after a few months or years you will earn a big profit and if you lose from other investment i think that your other investment take over your lost form that investment.

Not so sure, I have a rich friend who lost a ton of money in stocks in various different investments.

He told me that its better to just invest something you know yourself that itll make money regardless and buys a bunch of food trucks now.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: