Bitcoin Forum
November 19, 2017, 05:40:22 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Three months living in a multi-petahash BTC mine in Sichuan, China  (Read 181465 times)
Moebius327

Activity: 728

ARNA | PreSale - September 21st

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 07:53:04 PM

This is simply beautiful! You probably put a lot of hard work into this.

Also to note HaoBTC is offering 9.45% Annualised interest rate for its wallet service (basically bitcoin banking). Do you plan on translating all of your website into english?

Is there a way to take a look at the mine without paying the 10BTC fee?

edit: I have not used their wallet service so use it at your own risk

██ ██ ██
▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
██ ██ ██
▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
██ ██ ██
▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
██ ██ ██
▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
██ ██ ██
▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
██ ██ ██
▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
██ ██ ██
▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
██ ██ ██
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▄
▄█▀░░░░░░░░██░██░██░░▀█▄
▄▀░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░▀▄
▄█░░░░░░░░▀▀░░░░░░░▀▀░░░░░█▄
█░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░░░░░░█
▀█░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░█▀
▀▄░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░▄▀
▀█▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀░░▄█▀
▀█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▀
▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
██ ██ ██
▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
██ ██ ██
▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
██ ██ ██
▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
██ ██ ██
▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
██ ██ ██
[.
.WHITEPAPER.
.ANN THREAD.
]██ ██ ██
▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
██ ██ ██
▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
██ ██ ██
▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
██ ██ ██
▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
██ ██ ██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1358

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:34:14 PM

following & created account at your website. looking good & VERY VERY VERY responsive. Like the site for it's simplicity & responsiveness. Looking forward for more features in the near future & hope partnerships can be formed too.
Eric Mu

Activity: 680

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:16:11 AM

What about connectivity? How you will manage redundancy in a such unlinked area?
The Internet connection is actually quite fast. We have a dedicated fiber cable thanks to our partner, who runs the hydro-power station.

Eric Mu
Eric Mu

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:29:09 AM

This is simply beautiful! You probably put a lot of hard work into this.

Also to note HaoBTC is offering 9.45% Annualised interest rate for its wallet service (basically bitcoin banking). Do you plan on translating all of your website into english?

Is there a way to take a look at the mine without paying the 10BTC fee?

edit: I have not used their wallet service so use it at your own risk

Hi, thanks for your compliment!
Would like to remind you that the interest rate is floating, meaning that it can go higher or lower than 9.45% the next hour. This is mainly for risk management but we do intend to keep it above 8% p.a to stay competitive in the market.
10BTC includes two way airfare Beijing - Chengdu and the cost of hiring a driver to drive you 8-9 hours from Chengdu to the final destination and back. If you can foot these costs, we are happy to provide accommodation for a week for 4BTC including translation and guidance if you intend to hike. Then again, life here is quite boring. The mountains are beautiful but there aren't many recreational activities.
I advise you deposit a small amount to our banking service, so you won't get burned even if we fail, which I don't think will ever happen by the way. Grin

Eric Mu
Eric Mu

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:35:30 AM

following & created account at your website. looking good & VERY VERY VERY responsive. Like the site for it's simplicity & responsiveness. Looking forward for more features in the near future & hope partnerships can be formed too.

Thanks for using our service. We do have plans to add more features and partner with ppl in other strategic markets outside China. Stay tuned. Cheesy

Eric Mu
Eric Mu

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:48:15 AM

Amazing setup.  You mention S3s, but they look like you are using S5s?

Where were your units located before?  I'm always glad to hear about relocated units instead of all new units, keep that network difficulty down as much as possible.

Do you know how long it will take to ROI?

These are indeed S3s though they do look quite alike.
We previously had the majority of our miners hosted in two mines in Mabian and Meishan, Sichuan. The new facility is designed, managed and owned solely by HaoBTC.
For the miners, since they have been running for a while, they have generated enough profit that we have recouped the initial investment.
We estimate that the construction of the new facility will set us back somewhere btw USD600,000 and 700,000 and we are looking to acquire more miners which will cost something too. If the BTC price stay stable, we expect to recoup the investment within eight month period (Note: This estimate is by no means accurate ).

Eric Mu
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 1638

ASIC wannabe

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:39:52 AM

I advise you deposit a small amount to our banking service, so you won't get burned even if we fail, which I don't think will ever happen by the way. Grin

Eric Mu

heard that before  Tongue

but the pictures are gorgeous

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461 also selling 6" M-F-M PCIe splitters and PCIe-PCIe
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:37:42 AM

We previously had the majority of our miners hosted in two mines in Mabian and Meishan, Sichuan. The new facility is designed, managed and owned solely by HaoBTC.
For the miners, since they have been running for a while, they have generated enough profit that we have recouped the initial investment.
We estimate that the construction of the new facility will set us back somewhere btw USD600,000 and 700,000 and we are looking to acquire more miners which will cost something too. If the BTC price stay stable, we expect to recoup the investment within eight month period (Note: This estimate is by no means accurate ).

Eric Mu

Good luck, we'll all be following your story.  And please post more pictures!  Thank you.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 09:18:42 AM

Amazing setup.  You mention S3s, but they look like you are using S5s?

Where were your units located before?  I'm always glad to hear about relocated units instead of all new units, keep that network difficulty down as much as possible.

Do you know how long it will take to ROI?

Eric Mu

Congratz on quite a feat it looks very impressive.  I really like the setup.

Most of all thank you for sharing it!  A lot are so secretive about their setup.  It's much funner to real/drool over something we can get details on.

Best of luck to you.
Gultahin

Activity: 84

۩۞۩ secondstrade.com ★

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:54:42 AM

Such an amazing view, just to imagine gathering some friends and doing a farm this big would be a dream, sadly eletricity rates at this low level can't be found anywhere near where i live and our taxes are too damn high... but that apart thank you for sharing that amazing experience you are having, hope you get the best from it, many would like to be in a place like this (nature view and mining farm both magnific)

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
anderson00673

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:30:27 AM

Thanks for sharing the pictures.  Your farm looks simply amazing.  So I assume that the s3's are better because your electricity costs are so low?  So the cost of hardware ha smore of an effect vs cost of electricity compared to other farms.

I wish I could take that tour you offered but I don't have the coin right now.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 1694

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:25:03 AM

isn't that place abit, dangerous, it looks so from the first photo, there could be landslides

i don't know how high is there but if it snows there could be  avalanches too
Eric Mu

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:06:46 AM

isn't that place abit, dangerous, it looks so from the first photo, there could be landslides

i don't know how high is there but if it snows there could be  avalanches too

We are right next to a 10 million dollar hydro-power station. If they can afford taking the risk, then we have little reason not to - that said, we did build walls to protect us from the occasional rolling stones - very occasional: I have been here for a week now, haven't encountered it once. The region was struck by a mild earthquake last year. The road was temporarily blocked, but the buildings of the hydro-power station were unaffected. The temperature now is between 19 - 25 °C (see image). So it is cool but not cold. The snow-capped peak in the first image is actually pretty far off.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:55:11 AM

We are right next to a 10 million dollar hydro-power station. If they can afford taking the risk, then we have little reason not to - that said, we did build walls to protect us from the occasional rolling stones - very occasional: I have been here for a week now, haven't encountered it once. The region was struck by a mild earthquake last year. The road was temporarily blocked, but the buildings of the hydro-power station were unaffected. The temperature now is between 19 - 25 °C (see image). So it is cool but not cold. The snow-capped peak in the first image is actually pretty far off.

Very impressive temp with all that gear.  Thank you for sharing and not being secretive.

Out of curiosity how many employees do you have to run it?  Seems like a very big operation.
Eric Mu

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:46:02 PM

Very impressive temp with all that gear.  Thank you for sharing and not being secretive.

Out of curiosity how many employees do you have to run it?  Seems like a very big operation.
We maintain a regular team of seven. Wu Gang, the bespectacled man who appeared in two of the photos are our CEO who just came to visit once in a while. Some are construction workers. Occasionally the employees of the hydro-power station, with whom we are very friendly, also come to help.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 1694

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:53:06 PM

have you checked if that thing is displaying the right temp? i know that those cheap temp display are usually wrong by not a trascurable order of magnitude, in regarding to temp and humidity
Eric Mu

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:22:10 PM

have you checked if that thing is displaying the right temp? i know that those cheap temp display are usually wrong by not a trascurable order of magnitude, in regarding to temp and humidity
No, I haven't. Don't think it is necessary. We use the same kind of devices everywhere and their readings are close enough. Also, I was there for over twenty minutes and it was not like I was sweating or feeling uncomfortably hot.
The photo was taken in the morning, when the temp was lower, but it never rose above 33°C in my experience.
P.S. I notice that the temperature in the mine is usually five to seven degrees higher than the reading we get in the office - we don't use AC there either.
Eric Mu

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:37:48 PM

Since last time I checked, the hash-rate in this mine has grown from 3.7P to 4.6P.

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:07:58 PM

Insane amount of mining equipment however given the way BTC markets are and given the fact of diff currently is. I do not see this making much RIO on equipment maybe if has free energy then just maybe will make some good coin and some good returns.  or if everyone chipped in together to do this and paid less between them in buying bulk amount of units and mined alt coins than just btc then would no doubt make something good. But right now it is hard to make anything good since the early days of asic coming online theirs not much leigh way to making any profits now.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:23:36 PM

Their equipment already ROI'd at the previous location.  They get power from a local hydro station.  Did you not read the thread?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.