Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:26:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OldScammerTag  (Read 1466 times)
tarsua (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:05:58 PM

Is it possible to get a negative trust removed if it was from OldScammerTag?
and if yes, how do i go about this?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:36:18 PM

No it's not possible. That feedback is to warn others that the member was a proven scammer before the transition to the current trust system. (Issued by a administrator controlled account)
tarsua (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:39:05 PM

No it's not possible. That feedback is to warn others that the member was a proven scammer before the transition to the current trust system. (Issued by a administrator controlled account)
What if i bought the account? will they remove it?
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:40:12 PM

Very unlikely.
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:40:21 PM

How would anyone know it really changed hands?
Twipple

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:41:07 PM

Nope not even then. The problem is that account sales can be faked, so that would again mean that the scammer could essentially just sell the account to himself.
tarsua (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:43:10 PM

Nope not even then. The problem is that account sales can be faked, so that would again mean that the scammer could essentially just sell the account to himself.
I can provide proof, pm's can be showm, ip addresses can be checked and they can also check for any prior interaction between the addresses and the forum ip addresses
steampowered

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Why would you buy an account that has red rep?
Twipple

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:45:23 PM

I can provide proof, pm's can be showm, ip addresses can be checked and they can also check for any prior interaction between the addresses and the forum ip addresses

Well, I am on the same boat Smiley However I had an extra proof, that I started a scam accusation against the guy(and his alts) who sold it to me. But even then no one believes a word I say.
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:46:01 PM

Well, probably because of the lower price for a (I assume) high ranking account, with the expectation of being able to remove the negative trust.

All of those things can be faked, or otherwise bypassed - I don't really think there is any way to prove the account changed hands.
steampowered

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:54:38 PM

Well, probably because of the lower price for a (I assume) high ranking account, with the expectation of being able to remove the negative trust.

Amazing thinking. Like buying a passport of a wanted fugitive, and petitioning the passport office to resend the warrants because it's a bought passport.

@Twipple: You mean the guy who sold you your bitcointalk account wasn't on the up and up? Dishonest account merchant? Who's left to trust???
Hey, why don't you leave him a negative trust rating, to warn other righteous account buyers?
Twipple

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 11:02:35 PM

@Twipple: You mean the guy who sold you your bitcointalk account wasn't on the up and up? Dishonest account merchant? Who's left to trust???
Hey, why don't you leave him a negative trust rating, to warn other righteous account buyers?
Basically I had a scam accusation regarding something against him, later I bought an account from him(through my alt). And first, he sent a message begging to someone, before selling it to me (for which he has a negative trust) . Second is a bit complicated to explain, so I am going to skip it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: