Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:15:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: After Matthew N. Wright is officially labeled "SCAMMER" will you ever buy a Bitcoin Magazine issue again?
Yes, it's still a great product
Yes in a couple of month
Maybe someday I'll reconsider
No, probably not
No never!
-----------------------
Yes, after Matthew left Bitcoin Magazine
No, I never liked the Magazine anyway
I'll vote later just show me the results!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you ever buy a Bitcoin Magazine issue again?  (Read 3584 times)
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:23:11 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2012, 09:35:35 PM by BR0KK

just bought all three issues, and i might subscribe too it if i like them ....

The silly Bet doesn't (or shouldn't) affect MNW's abilities to write (or whatever he dies == dies (silly damn mac autocorrect) --> my mac is going wild here  ..... it wants to write that.... it must know something that i don't Tongue) Smiley

bitcoiners

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:23:55 PM

(or whatever he dies there)

hopefully
BR0KK

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:25:31 PM

That wasnt meant like that Cheesy  --> Corrected it !

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:26:00 PM

BITCOIN MAGAZINE DOES NOT = MNW.

Why then so many ppl think that Matthew has ruined its image?
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:26:52 PM

That wasnt meant like that Cheesy  --> Corrected it !
Try again.

just bought all three issues, and i might subscribe too it if i like them ....

The silly Bet doesn't (or shouldn't) affect MNW's abilities to write (or whatever he dies == dies (silly damn mac autocrrect) there) Smiley

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:27:52 PM

BITCOIN MAGAZINE DOES NOT = MNW.

Why then so many ppl think that Matthew has ruined its image?
Because he is the most outspoken employee of the publication.

It has nothing to do with the publication being "his".

There are many many people making Bitcoin Magazine the success it is today..

Matthew has of course helped, but to pin the entire success of the magazine on his shoulders is ludicrous.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:34:22 PM

To be honest I don't think I'm in the demographic for this magazine as basically everything there would be old news to me by the time I'd get to receive it. Or most of it.

I thought it could be a good way to introduce people to bitcoin, but I have no idea how good are the contents and being connected to scammers I'd rather stay away.

The news is of course old, but the content is original and well written. Some articles explain in detail what you could only find in scraps all over the internet. Most of those articles sum complicated topics up or give account of people interviewed. I therefore find it interesting to read the magazine although I picked up on all the major news on reddit or bitcointalk already.

Well, I'm not the kind of person who reads stuff he already knows because it's written in an interesting way. For me, it's been many years I don't find magazines in general worth paying for, with just a few exceptions which include scientific journals and some very good research like sometimes one can find in National Geographic or The Economist. But even then, seldom.

I'd have got a few for family members and friends. But then again I'd really like to be able to see the quality of the contents and if a scammer like Matthew is involved in any way I wouldn't want to support it.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
BR0KK

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:36:47 PM

aww srew u mac, must be an act of apple against bitcoin Tongue

jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:39:41 PM

Well, I'm not the kind of person who reads stuff he already knows because it's written in an interesting way. For me, it's been many years I don't find magazines in general worth paying for, with just a few exceptions which include scientific journals and some very good research like sometimes one can find in National Geographic or The Economist. But even then, seldom.

I'd have got a few for family members and friends. But then again I'd really like to be able to see the quality of the contents and if a scammer like Matthew is involved in any way I wouldn't want to support it.

I'm in the same boat as you, but I would have bought this magazine to support Bitcoin ventures and to promote Bitcoin to the less familiar. However, the second I heard Matthew was involved, that was the end of that. How good the product is is not relevant; I will never support him or his ventures.
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:41:22 PM

Relevant question to magazine subscribers:

Who would you like to see replace Matthew as the new editor-in-chief?
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:44:38 PM

I'm in the same boat as you, but I would have bought this magazine to support Bitcoin ventures and to promote Bitcoin to the less familiar. However, the second I heard Matthew was involved, that was the end of that. How good the product is is not relevant; I will never support him or his ventures.

About the quality of the content: Just pick up an issue when you have the chance to and take a look, it might actually interest you Wink
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:49:14 PM

Relevant question to magazine subscribers:

Who would you like to see replace Matthew as the new editor-in-chief?

It would be better to rebrand the magazine to get rid of any relations with Matthew...
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:49:58 PM

About the quality of the content: Just pick up an issue when you have the chance to and take a look, it might actually interest you Wink

I've never seen one. Is it published in the UK?

forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:50:23 PM

I won't do this, as I explained. It has nothing to do with the content. And I'm well enough informed to write most of their articles, already. I spend a lot of time promoting Bitcoin. Before I put him on ignore I saw Matthew spend most of his time doing his best to destroy this forum and business ventures he wasn't personally involved with.

I will not support him or any business he's involved with. I'll get along fine without them, I'm fairly sure.
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:56:44 PM

Not that I know of. You can order it by mail though. The main editorial department seems to be in the UK. I think outside the US the UK are the first destinations where the issues are shiped to. (Takes ages to Germany though)
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:15:37 PM

Not that I know of. You can order it by mail though. The main editorial department seems to be in the UK. I think outside the US the UK are the first destinations where the issues are shiped to. (Takes ages to Germany though)

So you are suggesting that I buy it to try it even after I told you I'm most likely not the right demographic for it. Anyway if I bought it, it wouldn't be for me but then again Matthew is involved so no chance.

Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:19:51 PM

So you are suggesting that I buy it to try it even after I told you I'm most likely not the right demographic for it. Anyway if I bought it, it wouldn't be for me but then again Matthew is involved so no chance.

No, all I say is. pick it up (not buying nor stealing Wink to have a look inside.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 10:22:24 PM

Must be because I'm sleepy here but you lost me. How am I supposed to pick it up if it's not published in my country? do they ship free samples?

Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 11:22:27 PM

Maybe there will be some occasion where you will be able to have a glimpse at it, find some articles on the web, talk to a friend, pop in their editorial office, find some on somebodies toilet,..?
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 11:26:11 PM

Maybe there will be some occasion where you will be able to have a glimpse at it, find some articles on the web, talk to a friend, pop in their editorial office, find some on somebodies toilet,..?

Sure, I'd be delighted if that happened. So far I've never encountered anyone in my office or friend circles who knew about bitcoin and wasn't through me.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: