Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:19:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possibly another multi-million dollar bitcoin theft  (Read 906 times)
DarknetMarkets (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 03:02:25 PM

Black Bank’s Admin is MIA, and Users are Fearing the Worst.

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 03:41:44 PM

Ain't this fuckin' special! Seems to coincide with Jeff Ownby resigning from BFL. Upon tracking the BTC that left BFL's BDF which Jeffrey Scott Ownby oversaw, I couldn't help but notice BTC going to BlackBankMarket. I posted said the other day: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1022931.msg11452172#msg11452172

#AskLEO (Albeit, I have reason to believe they're already on this (Jeff Ownby) trail)
spud21

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 03:53:37 PM

I have never heard of BlackBankMarket before, is it a silk road type of website? Is this latest story like when the admin of evolution stole everyone's Bitcoins and disappeared?
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:25:57 PM

People who use these dark market shit deserved to get ripped off.

STOP BREAKING THE LAW ASSHOLES.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Bralex

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:44:25 PM

Wow aren't you all for peoples freedoms! Regardless of what government class as illegal, what is and what is not in the eyes of those who don't believe in the corruption who control this world is another story entirely.

One law for them another for everyone else, it is a shame everyone else gets the short straw of the law what controls the masses in case you haven't noticed while following along everything they have been teaching you to be a good little...

That being said you should never have more than you can afford to lose on any questionable site, so that does kind of teach them a lesson which they will not learn from.

I have never heard of BlackBankMarket before, is it a silk road type of website? Is this latest story like when the admin of evolution stole everyone's Bitcoins and disappeared?

Me too I have never heard of this site and would like to know what kind of site it was, whether silkroad or more of stolen info type stuff. They all run in the end people there should know this by now lol

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
spud21

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:53:09 PM

Me too I have never heard of this site and would like to know what kind of site it was, whether silkroad or more of stolen info type stuff. They all run in the end people there should know this by now lol

I did some research and I think it's like silk road. I found this reddit thread about it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/1x5r9v/blackbank_market_new_market_working_to_get/

This is a quote from the site's admin from when he was trying to get people to start using it.

"... I want a market that has two criterias: communication and honesty.
For communication, I believe in making myself available as much as possible ......."

He's been silent for ages, and probably stolen everyone's coins. So much for his communication and honesty lies.
zeeshsnrehman2

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Where is Teddy?

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:54:21 PM

what is that bbmarket now? scared to go, dont want to leave trail.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1074532.msg11485808#msg11485808

Summary - Mr.Bean 2.0   Picture/Text
Name:   Mr.Bean 2.0
Activity:   0
Position:   Brand new
Date Registered:   Today at 12:48:26 AM
Last Active:   Today at 12:54:08 AM
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 08:14:26 PM

More bad news, exactly what we needed...
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:23:33 PM

I sympathize with your sentiments. However, not everyone in the world has justice under the law. In some places it is perfectly moral to break the law  because the laws are immoral, IMO.

But I suspect most darknet users are not in this category. They are trying to avoid taxes or the like. When their money goes missing they cry for help. "My partners in crime stole my money!! Help me government, I'm a victim!!!"

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 04:42:34 AM

I sympathize with your sentiments. However, not everyone in the world has justice under the law. In some places it is perfectly moral to break the law  because the laws are immoral, IMO.

But I suspect most darknet users are not in this category. They are trying to avoid taxes or the like. When their money goes missing they cry for help. "My partners in crime stole my money!! Help me government, I'm a victim!!!"

That's the problem I have unfortunately with most people who spout things like "Silk Road shouldn't be shut down, we're just exercising our freedoms". Well no, it was essentially mainly a place for selling drugs, I am quite aware other things were sold but its main purpose was to sell drugs. There are ways to implement an anonymous website like Silk Road without having drug sellers swamp all over it.

It's called moderation though, and a lot of people seem to hate that too.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
mmsen

Activity: 208

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 07:25:36 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2015, 06:53:32 PM by mmsen

Just like evolution, sadly.

Condolences to those who were scammed.

For the genius who informed people to 'stop breaking the law' - the 'law' is often a terrible guide for 'moral' conduct. I'm no drug user but I do find it odd that alcohol (a substance thah kills) is legal in America whilst mushrooms (of the magic variety) are not.
DarknetMarkets (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:30:42 PM

Yes, Black Bank was an illicit marketplace on the darknet (Tor), much like the Silk Road and Evolution.

It appears now fairly certain that the site has become the latest exit scam.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 09:33:11 PM

Outch, seem we have a new MtGox. But it is peoples own fault if they use service in the Deep Web. There are so many scammers who try to take your money out of the pocket.
mmsen

Activity: 208

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:09:30 PM

Outch, seem we have a new MtGox. But it is peoples own fault if they use service in the Deep Web. There are so many scammers who try to take your money out of the pocket.

You could use that same senseless argument against any business.

Why not go the whole hog and argue against the very basic human requirement of trust? Why should any two humans trust each other when there's a chance that one might mistreat the other?
svein

Activity: 298

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 09:35:12 PM

Who cares about dark markets?

Anyone know that they can be seized at any moment or that the owner can disappear with everyone's money or die(if he is linked with real world drug dealing), so I guess anyone that put money on them know the money might disappear overnight.
spud21

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 10:57:43 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2015, 09:45:38 AM by spud21

Yes, Black Bank was an illicit marketplace on the darknet (Tor), much like the Silk Road and Evolution.

It appears now fairly certain that the site has become the latest exit scam.

Is there any estimate of how many Bitcoins the guy running it has exit scammed with?

Someone once posted a link to a website that listed all the dark markets by the estimated number of Bitcoins going through them, but I can't remember the link.

edit/

Someone posted this link that gives a chart

http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2015/05/daily-chart-13

There is a bit of debate about whether the chart shows percentages of listings or sales volumes, but it shows black bank had slightly over a quarter of evolution's market share.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: