Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:49:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Matthew Neal Wright: You have been reported to the SEC and Korean authorities.  (Read 6515 times)
A Pimp Named Slickback (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 06:29:11 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2012, 06:46:05 PM by A Pimp Named Slickback

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=102918.0

Many of us in #btcst on Freenode have come together and filed against your unregistered, fraudulent hedging program. You as a US Citizen have victimized many abroad and domestically. You have broken many Security and Gambling laws in Korea and in the United States.

You will be brought to justice by either the SEC, Korean authorities or other international authorities.

If you have been a victim of Matthew's fraudulent conduct, please report it here under insurance: https://denebleo.sec.gov/TCRExternal/questionaire.xhtml
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 06:31:27 PM

Many of us in #btcst on Freenode have come together and filed against your unregistered, fraudulent hedging program. You as a US Citizen have victimized many abroad and domestically. You have broken many Security and Gambling laws in Korea and in the United States.

You will be brought to justice.

If you have been a victim of Matthew's fraudulent conduct, please report it here under insurance: https://denebleo.sec.gov/TCRExternal/questionaire.xhtml

How was anyone a victim? 

Was there any loss involved?

If there is no loss, how can there be a victim? 
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4303

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 06:31:45 PM

Oh for fucks sake

I sincerely hope you are just trolling

The Bitcoin babies need the daddy/god/state to change their diapers again

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 06:33:06 PM

How was anyone a victim?  

Matthew would've taken the funds of his bettors if he had won his bet. People only gave him this opportunity of huge winnings by fraudulently misrepresenting his enterprise.

It's a case of endangerment and severe fraud. Financial fraud is a crime in most first-world countries.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 06:36:39 PM

How was anyone a victim?  

Matthew would of taken the funds of his bettors if he had won his bet. People only gave him this opportunity of huge winnings by fraudulently misrepresenting his enterprise.

It's a case of endangerment and severe fraud. Financial fraud is a crime in most first-world countries.

Would have?  You're going to persecute someone over something that didn't happen?

Is this a joke? 
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 06:37:54 PM

sub

Please post the sec.gov pdf link when available.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4303

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 06:38:03 PM

Is this a joke? 

god I hope so

but given the stupidity demonstrated daily here I fear the worst

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 06:38:20 PM

How was anyone a victim?  

Matthew would of taken the funds of his bettors if he had won his bet. People only gave him this opportunity of huge winnings by fraudulently misrepresenting his enterprise.

Would have?  You're going to persecute someone over something that didn't happen?

Is this a joke?  

People have hedged with Bitcoin Savings and Trust securities along with Matthew's bet. In essence, he has offered a fraudulent security which he marketed to many as a hedging instrument.

There has been financial loss.

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 06:43:35 PM

sub

I encourage you to file. The more people that file, the quicker this can be resolved.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 06:47:24 PM

People have hedged with Bitcoin Savings and Trust securities along with Matthew's bet. In essence, he has offered a faulty security which he marketed to many as a hedging instrument.

1)  If, as you claim, he offered a faulty security, then why was it in the gambling subsection?  Moreover, if everyone really thought this was a hedging instrument, then why did no moderator place the thread in the appropriate forum section?

2)  Financial loss?  To whom?  How would you calculate this loss?
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 06:51:15 PM

People have hedged with Bitcoin Savings and Trust securities along with Matthew's bet.

So being stupid twice calls for being stupid a third time by calling in the State to protect people from themselves?

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 06:52:38 PM

People have hedged with Bitcoin Savings and Trust securities along with Matthew's bet. In essence, he has offered a faulty security which he marketed to many as a hedging instrument.

1)  If, as you claim, he offered a faulty security, then why was it in the gambling subsection?  Moreover, if everyone really thought this was a hedging instrument, then why did no moderator place the thread in the appropriate forum section?

His service meets the legal definition of a security. The forum's policies have no relevance.

Who here has suffered financial, emotional and other losses from Matthew's financial service?
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 06:57:00 PM

sub

I encourage you to file. The more people that file, the quicker this can be resolved.

Well, I only had a testimonial bet for shits and giggles with him. Anyway I can email the Financial Services Authority here in the UK as he's flying to London in a few days.

To report a scam:
http://www.fsa.gov.uk/consumerinformation/scamsandswindles
http://www.fsa.gov.uk/consumerinformation/consumer_contact

forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 07:02:54 PM

His service meets the legal definition of a security. The forum's policies have no relevance.

Who here has suffered financial, emotional and other losses from Matthew's financial service?

If his service was in the gambling section, then it's clear that the intent was to be a gamble and not a security. 

I'm interested to see who suffered any calculable, financial loss.  You said "there was financial loss," and I want to see it.

Emotional loss?  Are you serious?  Are you sure it's not just the inevitable result of being a bad gambler and being irresponsible with money?
goodlord666

Activity: 434

100%

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 07:07:11 PM

I still don't know what this is all about.

I missed out on a major event it seems.

I feel so disenfranchised!  Cry

chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 07:11:31 PM

People have hedged with Bitcoin Savings and Trust securities along with Matthew's bet.

So being stupid twice calls for being stupid a third time by calling in the State to protect people from themselves?

+1

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 07:17:58 PM

I prefer lynch mobs and private justice, but if you don't have any effective means of retribution BTC is not going to fly and will remain an insane asylum of jokes, scammers and trolls.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 07:21:13 PM

I love how a bunch of angsty teens seem to think the State goes away if you don't look at it and ignore it.

To change the rules, you have to play by the rules. Grow up, guys.

Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 07:26:31 PM

I love how a bunch of angsty teens seem to think the State goes away if you don't look at it and ignore it.

The State is a thief and a murderer and should be avoided whenever possible.

BTW, I'm most likely much older than a majority of this forum. If you're looking for teen angst, try reddit.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 07:28:54 PM

The State is a thief and a murderer and should be avoided whenever possible.

BTW, I'm most likely much older than a majority of this forum. If you're looking for teen angst, try reddit.

Whatever it is, it's there for the bad so you're just a self-defeating moron if you don't use it for your own good, even if it's in order to subvert it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: