Bitcoin Forum
December 16, 2017, 09:51:47 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a hedge  (Read 1271 times)
Cogloo

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:12:14 PM

Can someone tell me coins which are unaffected by Bitcoin block size Mania. I want a hedge as Bitcoin sinking seems to be a close reality

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:15:42 PM

Can someone tell me coins which are unaffected by Bitcoin block size Mania. I want a hedge as Bitcoin sinking seems to be a close reality

MAID (Maidsafe) is the up and coming project, very promising and extremely intelligent devs. The project is older than Bitcoin and soon we'll have the beta. Study it and you'll see why its insane not to move some of your BTC over there.
PS: Bitcoin will not sink. It will survive one way or another.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

incognito73

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:47:12 PM

PS: Bitcoin will not sink. It will survive one way or another.

"Or another" is what I'm betting on.
sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:45:57 PM

Right now, litecoin is benefitting from the current Bitcoin panic, but just give it a week or two and everything will be back to normal. There is no reason to panic.

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 1652

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:12:10 PM

Euro or USD are excellent are your best bets, any other cryptocurrency will be a a much riskier gamble. Smiley

clout

Activity: 209

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:17:01 PM

BitUSD or BitCNY
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1680

www.MicroGuy.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 03:50:13 AM

You are witnessing the first stage of the altcoin takeover. It's impossible for one coin (bitcoin) to compete with 1000 other coins. This would be unnatural and anyone who believes otherwise, is denying nature.

Therefore, the question is which of the many altcoins has the will and muster to beat Bitcoin. That's the tough question. The answer lies in the communities. Once you think about it, its obvious. Measure the engagement level of the community, and you have your needed benchmark.

"The Internet unshackled information, Satoshi Nakamoto unshackled money. And money makes the world go round."
jeanne0012

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 08:08:43 AM

BitUSD or BitCNY
They are based on Bitshares, why not just pick up USD or CNY? They are backed by their behind govs. It is more safe.
elisa9825

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 08:14:29 AM

All of the other cryptocurrencies are nearly pegged to bitcoin. At some extent they are on the same boat. If you are afraid to hold bitcoin, you can sell them. Or I suggest you buy Bitcoin option contracts to hedge the risk.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 1372

[[[],[]],[[],[]]]

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 12:07:45 PM

If you want to be close to crypto you can try some of the assets on the NXT asset exchange which are pegged to USD, like micro

...or hcgmg Wink

Bismuth - New Language, Interpretation Engines, Free Set of DAPPs https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1896497
Bitrated user: HCLivess.
Derek492

Activity: 357

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 04:09:31 PM

Mintcoin

Stop Mining.   Start Minting.   Mintcoin  [MINT]
5% annual minting reward. Mintcoins don't wear out like mining gear. They keep on minting!
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:41:30 PM

Monero is best choice for you.
But i doubt Bitcoin size matters.
Some say is all about technique.

.BitDice.               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██
██▄▄ ▀▀██▄      ▄███▄      ▄██▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀██▄▄     ▄▄ █████ ▄▄     ▄▄██▀▀
      ▀▀█ ▄▄  ▀▀█████▀▀  ▄▄ █▀▀
           ▀▀██▄▄ ▀ ▄▄██▀▀
               ▀▀███▀▀
        ▄▄███████▄▄
     ▄███████████████▄
    ████▀▀       ▀▀████
   ████▀           ▀████
   ████             ████
   ████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████                   ████
████▄                 ▄████
████████▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████████
  ▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
█████                            █████
█████                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█████                   ██          ██
██████████████████▀▀███ ██          ██
 ████████████████▄  ▄██ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ██████████ ██          ██
           ▄███████████ ██████▀▀██████
          █████████████  ▀████▄▄████▀
[/]
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 07:29:04 PM

Right now, litecoin is benefitting from the current Bitcoin panic, but just give it a week or two and everything will be back to normal. There is no reason to panic.

Litecoin also lost quite a bit of USD value a couple of days ago. Maybe this was someone/ some group trying to dump before they exchange their btc to ltc?

Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:40:26 PM

Would you be less concerned if a coin has pruning enabled on the blockchain?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1470

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 09:19:40 PM

your looking for a hedge with Altcoins ? seriously ?

I don't know what to say.. it's a sea of garbage so take your pick.

and MicroGuy.. QUALITY.. NOT quantity Wink

community ? hmmm yeah you mean bag holders that loiter around talking up their coin
or do you mean community as in for example the US Dollar where the entire country uses it (aka: a community)
you guys seriously give your head a shake and wake the fuck up !
look around.. do you see the world clamoring for some pissy ass lame bs altcoin ?
nope.
and hey let's play the "they're coming" game shall we..
ok let's say all of a sudden Altcoins explode like what happened a couple years back.
in the mean time all of you have had your money tied up in dead coins for years on end.
and money in your hand is worth far more than money in 5 years.. 1 bitcoin is worth more than 2 in the bush ahhahaha
if you had that money NOW you could do something with it like buy IBM stocks or something.
but the kid who borrowed $5,000 off his Mom to buy NMC coins is STILL waiting a couple years later.

you guys.............. as usual
are high and delusional !

the top 10% got the money from you guys and they don't intend on giving it back LOL
learn about economics guys..
the percentages of who has all the money in any country is identical and it always pans out that way..
for example Izrael had it's playing field evened out in the 40's and not long after the wealth went to the top 10%.
This pattern is crystal clear since the dawn of mankind.. NOTHING ever changes.
Why ? they play by their own rules for one thing.
the 90% are the poor and their is only poor and rich.. middle class is an illusion.
seriously do your homework before investing in of all things "Altcoins" LOL
you know the pattern of wealth is boiled down to the patter of boiling water.. it's actually the same serious Google it Wink
1 part rises to the top and the 90% sits at the bottom.. sorry I forgot the name of the scientist who figured it out and mapped it etc.

It's about the rich playing with their own set of rules and this coin shit is their wettest dream ever.
they can pull any stunt imaginable and face no retributition !
the worse case scenario is we shame them *if we can.. other than that we are at their mercy.
Same happened in the US when Obama said the bankers should be shamed when the US gov handed out billions in bail out money
and the bankers gave each other million dollars bonus's.. so the public "Shamed" them with protests.

if you are here asking for a hedge with Altcoins then I consider your money already gone LOL
these 10%'ers here are laughing literally to the bank..

They didn't out smart me though I made my money and walked I'm not stupid  Cool

FUD first & ask questions later™
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2086

Monero Core Team

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 09:49:58 PM

There are many alt-coins that have the same blocksize limit issue as Bitcoin. If you are looking for a proof of work coin that does not have a fixed blocksize limit baked into the protocol then Monero https://getmonero.org/ is my choice. It uses adaptive blocksize limits that allows the maximum blocksize to scale as the coin grows over time. Now we are dealing with a coin that has less than 0.13% of Bitcoin's market capitalization so one could also add a non crypto component such as fiat current or precious metals also into the hedge. I found out about Monero last year because of the 1MB blocksize issue and have a position in Monero.

The key here is to do one's own research first before buying or selling.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
clout

Activity: 209

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 11:03:23 PM

BitUSD or BitCNY
They are based on Bitshares, why not just pick up USD or CNY? They are backed by their behind govs. It is more safe.

The OP asked for a crypto currency that he can use to hedge bitcoins volatility. BitUSD also pays more than 5% interest a year.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 01:33:47 AM

This.

Only BTC and LTC have the kind of liquidity that matters in the real world...
Doing millions per day and supported by 100s of money transmitters around the world.

XRP is not really a currency... and their volume is faked anyway.

And the Monero kids, $60,000/day with 90% on Polo is a complete joke after one year of 24/7 shilling.
FX volume is $5,000,000,000/day... so grow the f*ck up.

This "bitcoin panic" is a Certified Egghead Experience...
For the sort of people that have nude posters and bootleg sex tapes of Peter Todd in their bedroom.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2086

Monero Core Team

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:12:00 AM

Litecoin has a similar blocksize issue to Bitcoin so one is not hedging anything with Litecoin.

Edit: I would not be surprised if the blocksize issue is fixed in Bitcoin before it is fixed in Litecoin

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
(Lithium)

Activity: 368

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 04:21:57 AM

None. Most coins only have btc-coin trade, so if people stay away from BTC, they will stay away from the other coins.

And alts and BTC are highly correlated  assets in most of people's minds
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.