Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:17:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you have 30'000$ Cash  (Read 3579 times)
Lorenzo

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 03:42:14 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2015, 03:53:00 AM by Lorenzo

I myself dont believe that Litecoin will grow up again to 10$ and more like it was on 2014. And that the Bitcoin grow up again to 1000$+ beacause there made to much mistakes and betrayal of trust to much steal of coins scam and stuff. I think the people have fear to invest beacause what you do with BTC ore LTC you just trading there are no other use i think by only 21 milion coins to get this under people. And people are skeptical to invest after this bashing from media bad headlines. I think this crypto currency will come but not with bitcoin or other altcoins. Maybe with a new edition and officially from Banks with big support.

You mean like Ripple?

Historically speaking, Litecoin has tended to follow Bitcoin's price trajectory but in a much more exaggerated manner (actually this is true for most altcoins). When Bitcoin went from $13 to $1,200 in 2013 (i.e. a 100x difference), Litecoin went from $0.07 to $48 in the same period (i.e. a 700x difference). When Bitcoin went from $900 to $300 in 2014 (i.e. a 66% drop in value), Litecoin went from $20 to $2 (i.e. a 90% drop in value).

Of course, there is no guarantee that history will repeat itself, and it's possible that LTC prices will continue to fall despite a rising BTC price (certainly the altcoin market is a lot more competitive now compared with 2011-2013 and the development of scrypt ASICs has also eliminated one of Litecoin's main benefits over Bitcoin).

to add to this.  after litecoin did not change to prevent scypt asics i have written it off as a never rebound coin.

Litecoin is pretty much the original altcoin (I know Namecoin technically deserves this honor but who forks Namecoin?).

ASIC resistance was certainly one of the main attractive points about Litecoin for a very long time (and before that it was GPU resistance) but there are many other things going for Litecoin which are still valid today. Litecoin might not be particularly interesting feature-wise but compared to other altcoins out there, they still have the most highly developed infrastructure, network hashrate and security, trading volume, no. of businesses which accept it, adoption, brand recognition, media exposure, support of exchanges, network effects, etc.

Also, ASIC resistant coins which employ multiple algorithms (e.g. Quark, Myriadcoin, etc.) have been developed in the wake of scrypt ASICs and yet almost all of these have failed so far - so perhaps ASIC resistance isn't as important as some people think.

Put it into Bitcoin and hold. Any altcoin investments are risky. You need to research them before going in. As for next I would suggest you stay away from that. The distribution of coins is poor.

https://nxtblocks.info/#section/blockexplorer_distribution - 2487 Next addresses hold 98.77% of all coins

https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-litecoin-addresses.html - 15076 Litecoin addresses hold 95% of all coins

http://bitcoinrichlist.com/charts/bitcoin-distribution-by-address?atblock=350000 - 123083 Bitcoin addresses hold 97% of all coins

NXT encourages address reuse while Bitcoin discourages it. There are also more Bitcoin addresses than NXT addresses because Bitcoin is the most popular crypto. In terms of distribution, NXT is comparable to Bitcoin nowadays and might even be better if you take Satoshi's 1 million BTC stash that's spread across thousands of addresses into account.

Here's an infographic from February 2014. The NXT has remained fairly low during the past several months so things have almost certainly improved since this chart was made:

15k BTC
5k NXT
+(2k Assets on NXT)
5k ETH
1k NEM
1k XCR
+
1k ($100 dollars into every coin that passes 10 million in Market Cap which I don't currently own)

HOLD EVERYTHING until 2025+

@ 10 million marketcap, if you buy at that level and the coin wins out and goes to 100 billion... you make +/-10,000x.

Isn't a 100 billion dollar market cap a bit unrealistic? Even Bitcoin only managed to reach barely above 10 billion dollars during its peak. For an altcoin to have a 100 billion dollar market cap, Bitcoin's market cap would probably be in the trillions. Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flamur (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 05:56:43 AM

Why invest in NXT ? Why so much belive in this Coin that he will go up ? So much belive in it whats your reasson to invest in it ?

TruthBear

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 06:42:17 AM

Are the people mentioning Litecoin insane or just bagholders? I could not think of a worse investment (unless you're shorting).

Stick to BTC and if you have to choose an alt, go with NXT. Amazing development and community.

Historically speaking, Litecoin has tended to follow Bitcoin's price trajectory but in a much more exaggerated manner (actually this is true for most altcoins). When Bitcoin went from $13 to $1,200 in 2013 (i.e. a 100x difference), Litecoin went from $0.07 to $48 in the same period (i.e. a 700x difference). When Bitcoin went from $900 to $300 in 2014 (i.e. a 66% drop in value), Litecoin went from $20 to $2 (i.e. a 90% drop in value).

Of course, there is no guarantee that history will repeat itself, and it's possible that LTC prices will continue to fall despite a rising BTC price (certainly the altcoin market is a lot more competitive now compared with 2011-2013 and the development of scrypt ASICs has also eliminated one of Litecoin's main benefits over Bitcoin).

Currently most (if not all) alts are tied to the BTC price.
Gibbs187x

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Moon

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 06:45:20 AM

If you have 30'000$ Cash in which coines you would invest ? Or which coins you would buy ?

Regards
look into shadow cashes tech!

shadowphoenix

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 07:01:47 AM

i'd only invest 5% or something of that in cryptos. would still be $1500 that could grow without too much risk.
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 08:26:32 PM

The idea is that SOME protocol will reach 100 billion. BTC is probably it, so for sure invest there - but, if BTC fails or something else overtakes it, then they will rise to some incredible valuation.

Whoever "wins" this ultimate race will be in the trillion plus range. I hope many of them rise together and form a large ecosystem - but, it could be that only 1 or 2 survive.

I myself dont believe that Litecoin will grow up again to 10$ and more like it was on 2014. And that the Bitcoin grow up again to 1000$+ beacause there made to much mistakes and betrayal of trust to much steal of coins scam and stuff. I think the people have fear to invest beacause what you do with BTC ore LTC you just trading there are no other use i think by only 21 milion coins to get this under people. And people are skeptical to invest after this bashing from media bad headlines. I think this crypto currency will come but not with bitcoin or other altcoins. Maybe with a new edition and officially from Banks with big support.

You mean like Ripple?

to add to this.  after litecoin did not change to prevent scypt asics i have written it off as a never rebound coin.

Litecoin is pretty much the original altcoin (I know Namecoin technically deserves this honor but who forks Namecoin?).

ASIC resistance was certainly one of the main attractive points about Litecoin for a very long time (and before that it was GPU resistance) but there are many other things going for Litecoin which are still valid today. Litecoin might not be particularly interesting feature-wise but compared to other altcoins out there, they still have the most highly developed infrastructure, network hashrate and security, trading volume, no. of businesses which accept it, adoption, brand recognition, media exposure, support of exchanges, network effects, etc.

Also, ASIC resistant coins which employ multiple algorithms (e.g. Quark, Myriadcoin, etc.) have been developed in the wake of scrypt ASICs and yet almost all of these have failed so far - so perhaps ASIC resistance isn't as important as some people think.

Put it into Bitcoin and hold. Any altcoin investments are risky. You need to research them before going in. As for next I would suggest you stay away from that. The distribution of coins is poor.

https://nxtblocks.info/#section/blockexplorer_distribution - 2487 Next addresses hold 98.77% of all coins

https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-litecoin-addresses.html - 15076 Litecoin addresses hold 95% of all coins

http://bitcoinrichlist.com/charts/bitcoin-distribution-by-address?atblock=350000 - 123083 Bitcoin addresses hold 97% of all coins

NXT encourages address reuse while Bitcoin discourages it. There are also more Bitcoin addresses than NXT addresses because Bitcoin is the most popular crypto. In terms of distribution, NXT is comparable to Bitcoin nowadays and might even be better if you take Satoshi's 1 million BTC stash that's spread across thousands of addresses into account.

Here's an infographic from February 2014. The NXT has remained fairly low during the past several months so things have almost certainly improved since this chart was made:

15k BTC
5k NXT
+(2k Assets on NXT)
5k ETH
1k NEM
1k XCR
+
1k ($100 dollars into every coin that passes 10 million in Market Cap which I don't currently own)

HOLD EVERYTHING until 2025+

@ 10 million marketcap, if you buy at that level and the coin wins out and goes to 100 billion... you make +/-10,000x.

Isn't a 100 billion dollar market cap a bit unrealistic? Even Bitcoin only managed to reach barely above 10 billion dollars during its peak. For an altcoin to have a 100 billion dollar market cap, Bitcoin's market cap would probably be in the trillions. Cheesy
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 12:26:58 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2015, 12:40:38 AM by TaunSew

I can't be excited about 1,150 addresses owning 10,000 NXT ($130 USD) after 1.5-2 years.  I actually thought the user adoption of NXT was a lot more than just 1,150 addresses owning a decent amount and I am shocked to read it is this low after so much time.

Have to recall addresses =/= people, one person can own multiple addresses.   It is a common security practice to split your funds across many addresses, to prevent the scenario of one theft taking everything at once.

So we're not talking about 1,150 addresses but really 100s of human users with multiple addresses.  NXT has no user adoption.

We're going into looney land if we're recommending people to invest $1000s of their hard earned money into a community which only has 100s of human users and many 4chan-like and other idiot personalities (also a long history of security incidents, developers disappearing, technical problems, abandoned or delayed projects, et cetera).

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Hollingsworth

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:01:14 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2015, 08:15:24 AM by Hollingsworth

If I could "spare" $30K, my crypto portfolio would be as follows:

$10K BTC  (Equals 45 BTC, leader of the pack, but must innovate! and lest we forget... $1200 per btc in 2013)
$10K XRP  (Equals 1.25 million XRP, huge potential upside w/banks & fintech, @ less than a penny per XRP, it's a bargain)
$5K LTC/PPC/XPM  (Solid, in sleep-mode legacy coins with good devs, could breakout anytime... or not)
$5K for BLK, BTS, Dash, STR or ?  (pick a coin w/innovative feature, high daily volume, low entry price, potential high flyer?)

My 2 crypto coins... Smiley

H.

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 12:33:44 PM

if you can afford a loss of your 30k $ then i would invest it into the following coins:

25% BTC
25% NXT
25% NEM
5% XRP
5% Qora
10% Monero
5% other liquid alts

Wink
ragi

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:13:07 PM

if you can afford a loss of your 30k $ then i would invest it into the following coins:

25% BTC
25% NXT
25% NEM
5% XRP
5% Qora
10% Monero
5% other liquid alts

Wink
Looking it that way, I would buy Crysler 300c for the $10000, and invest the rest in BTC LTC and PPC. Atleast I would be very happy with the car. The investment will be a good bonus or...

no.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 09:26:14 PM

25% BTC
25% NXT
25% NEM
5% XRP
5% Qora
10% Monero
5% other liquid alts

Wink

Only 10% for Monero?  The Monerotards are going to swarm this thread any second now, demanding you increase the percentage to at least 50%.

As well why would anyone recommend anything for BTC?  The earliest adopters saw 450,000x return (BTC was originally fractions of a cent) and nobody investing anew today is going to see that.    Even if you believe in $10,000 BTC that's only a return of 50x and yet you're taking all the capital risk (losing all the sleep) while the guys who bought BTC, years ago, to acquire weed are laughing harder to the bank

I know a broken clock is right twice a day but the people who bought and held at $1250 are hurting, as are those who bought at $800, $600, $400... et cetera..   Most of the people who went exclusively alts in 2013 and diversified did better than the $1250 crowd who came in middle of the bubble.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Lorenzo

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 08:56:57 AM

Why invest in NXT ? Why so much belive in this Coin that he will go up ? So much belive in it whats your reasson to invest in it ?

NXT is currently the most mature 2.0 crypto, as well as the one with the most developed ecosystem due to the popularity of their asset exchange. They're kinda like the "Swiss army knife" of cryptos - which I guess could be either a good thing or a bad thing depending on the way you look at it.

I can't be excited about 1,150 addresses owning 10,000 NXT ($130 USD) after 1.5-2 years.  I actually thought the user adoption of NXT was a lot more than just 1,150 addresses owning a decent amount and I am shocked to read it is this low after so much time.

Have to recall addresses =/= people, one person can own multiple addresses.   It is a common security practice to split your funds across many addresses, to prevent the scenario of one theft taking everything at once.

So we're not talking about 1,150 addresses but really 100s of human users with multiple addresses.  NXT has no user adoption.

We're going into looney land if we're recommending people to invest $1000s of their hard earned money into a community which only has 100s of human users and many 4chan-like and other idiot personalities (also a long history of security incidents, developers disappearing, technical problems, abandoned or delayed projects, et cetera).

That image is from February 2014 - i.e. only ~3 months after NXT was released:

PenguinFire

Activity: 154

That Darn Cat

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 05:33:59 AM

Keep it in cash.

Most people would do that but based on my understand of the OP you must spend it on cryptos my friend.  Smiley

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:45:46 AM

well, it seems he has more to spend. maybe it is 5% of its stake, so eh owns 600k $ and wants to invest a part of them into crypto.

i'd only invest 5% or something of that in cryptos. would still be $1500 that could grow without too much risk.
Wolframite

Activity: 96

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 10:09:29 AM

If you have 30'000$ Cash in which coines you would invest ? Or which coins you would buy ?

Regards
That's a difficult question,30000$ is a big amount whether to keep it or invest it  is not an easy choice. Wink  .... I would invest in bitcoin and litecoin

qinyasu

Activity: 216

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:56:13 AM

buy  btc
zenitzz

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 05:29:06 AM

i will buy nxt and ltc