Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:48:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloud mining review thread  (Read 799 times)
locopao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 11:14:22 PM

Can anyone show me where the cloudmining review thread is located? Search is temporarly disabled and i can't find it, don't even remember the subforum category.

thanks in advance

EDIT: Never mind, found it
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 11:34:55 PM

Which site are you looking for?   If you tell us site we can tell you more about if it is good or possible ponzi.
Athertle

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 11:44:32 PM

Can anyone show me where the cloudmining review thread is located? Search is temporarly disabled and i can't find it, don't even remember the subforum category.

thanks in advance

May I know the link to the thread? I wanted a thread  like that for a while now and I didn't even know one existed.

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 12:10:03 AM

Wasn't cloud mining increasingly less profitable? I remember one of the main cloud mining service providers went bankrupt or something. What kind of money would one be investing to make profits?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:29:38 AM

Wasn't cloud mining increasingly less profitable? I remember one of the main cloud mining service providers went bankrupt or something. What kind of money would one be investing to make profits?

Gaw I'm guessing is who you are thinking of.  And I don't know if it's the profit they were just into lot's of scamy things.

They didnt pay electricity bill, had paycoin flop, possible legal trouble becuse of paycoin.   They are not bankrupt yet.... but they have headed down a bad path.

This is why you need to go with someone reputable.  And really put in some research into it.   And it's not just cloud it's regular miners aswell.  It just takes more time to ROI.  The 3 month ROI is gone at this point.
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:04:19 AM

thanks in advance

May I know the link to the thread? I wanted a thread  like that for a while now and I didn't even know one existed.

I'm fairly sure (although not 100% certain) that he's talking about this thread:

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878387

Wasn't cloud mining increasingly less profitable? I remember one of the main cloud mining service providers went bankrupt or something.

Many cloud mining services have collapsed. As notlist3d said, GAWMiners was one, but PBMining was another one which was very popular and eventually ended up collapsing.

CEX.IO was the biggest one for a while. That one didn't go bankrupt or choose to scam but rather, they shut down* their mining operations since mining was no longer profitable given the low BTC price in 2015. They refocused their business towards being a Bitcoin exchange instead.

*Technically, this isn't completely true since customers still had the option to re-enable mining but as I said, it was no longer profitable so it became pointless to do so.

What kind of money would one be investing to make profits?

Most offer an ROI of about 5 months at this stage and that's assuming that the difficulty will stay the same. After difficulty increases are taken account, I doubt any would be profitable.

Gaw I'm guessing is who you are thinking of.  And I don't know if it's the profit they were just into lot's of scamy things.

They didnt pay electricity bill, had paycoin flop, possible legal trouble becuse of paycoin.   They are not bankrupt yet.... but they have headed down a bad path.

This is why you need to go with someone reputable.  And really put in some research into it.   And it's not just cloud it's regular miners aswell.  It just takes more time to ROI.  The 3 month ROI is gone at this point.

GAWMiners actually had a fairly good score on that thread compared to many of the other providers. AMHash had a perfect or near-perfect score and ended up in trouble too. Researching the options beforehand is certainly a good idea, but it's not an infallible strategy since even the most reputable businesses can end up being scams.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:17:28 AM

GAWMiners actually had a fairly good score on that thread compared to many of the other providers. AMHash had a perfect or near-perfect score and ended up in trouble too. Researching the options beforehand is certainly a good idea, but it's not an infallible strategy since even the most reputable businesses can end up being scams.

I agree at one time GAW did have a profitable company.  I think paycoin was their downfall.  It practically killed the company from bad press and failed promises. I would say it was paycoin that killed them not the mining. I do agree mining was a part, but was secondary to paycoin.

On AMHash that is a scary story for all.  I still don't know if we have heard full story.  But I guess it does not matter fact is a lot lost money in one way or another becuse of them.  I do think their miner production played a part of it.  They were use to releasig new and great gear.  Everyone wanted it.  But the Prisma was a crap miner.  They just did it wrong, it got hot no temp sensors.  So it cold burn hashing boards and not even know it.   So again there is more then just cloud that caused them to go out in my opinion.

I personally only have trusted 2 companies on cloud.  It was small amounts with both I love having the hardware so I normally do that.  I have had good luck I will not push ones  I have tried.  But just say read some of them out there there are a few good ones.  And if it sounds to good to be true chances are it is.
locopao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:21:16 AM

thanks in advance

It's already posted, this is the one i was looking for: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878387

Which site are you looking for?   If you tell us site we can tell you more about if it is good or possible ponzi.

I read a post about bitcoincloudservices, and i wanted to check if it's in the list. Guess what... Of course it's in the list  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: