Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:47:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stable, stable, stable!  (Read 14252 times)
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 04:08:42 PM

i think it's normal to think the price may go to below $400 levels as bitcoin has surprised many of us plenty of times already. i think this month we'll make an attempt to reach $450 as we're heading towards the block halving. but then again, i don't think we will be able to hold $450 for long as the price will get dumped down again.

Why $450? Has there been a lot of buying around $450? Apart from that possibility, I'm not seeing anything about $450 that suggests there'll be resistance - the only significance I can see is that the last peak reached $450 - but that was in the context of lower peaks, higher troughs.

I expect resistance around $500, however, due to the November high.

the market is currently in state of repeating. we have seen the price move in the direction of $450 before, and it didn't even make it to that price level. for some reason it won't go much above that price level, and yes, i agree that the charts don't show anything special at these levels, but i find it very weird though.

the reason is because of the sell walls that was placed in order to keep the price from going any more higher which i find a little strange but i have seen this happening.

No kidding Sherlock! The point is indeed who or what is trying to prevent the price from going up.

They keep selling and selling which makes me wonder, when will these guys run out of coins that they are constantly selling. They have been controlling the price for quite a long time now.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bargainbin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 04:37:41 PM

... The point is indeed who or what is trying to prevent the price from going up.

Just like Soylent Green, it's people.

They keep selling and selling which makes me wonder, when will these guys run out of coins that they are constantly selling. They have been controlling the price for quite a long time now.

No, "they" don't "keep selling and selling." They buy when the price is low & sell when the price is high. That way, they never run out of coin. It's called trading.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 04:53:35 PM

The same than a volcano Stable, stable, stable!  and suddenly bang!
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 07:11:04 PM

... The point is indeed who or what is trying to prevent the price from going up.

Just like Soylent Green, it's people.

No, "they" don't "keep selling and selling." They buy when the price is low & sell when the price is high. That way, they never run out of coin. It's called trading.

That's how whales earn high profits. We as traders can also benefit from this if we know what to do at a certain point. Whales make the big profits and we make ourself happy with the crumbs they leave for us.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:13:24 PM

Thanks! I see the repeating as being within an ever-diminishing range - $200-500 in October-November, $320-470 in December-January, $360-450 in February-March. I view this as (a) a sign that a breakout from this is imminent (good news for traders desperate for volatility), and (b) that support and resistance levels are sloping, not flat.
My TA view is a bit different: we are in a horizontal trend between $350 and 420 since mid-January. Since then we managed to have one false breakout that stalled at $450. Since there are no reasons to either move significantly up or down we stay in that channel. We are pegged to its upper band due to the halving perspective, yet that is not enough to resolve (break out).

Interesting, thanks!

With SegWit due this month I've been wondering whether it would coincide with my expected move. Do you think it could be the catalyst to a break out from your horizontal channel? (I'm not taking a position on whether SegWit is good or bad, mostly because I think the market's view will be much more interesting and relevant than mine, but I am getting increasingly bored by the lack of volatility).
I am not sure, if the SegWit will be the catalyst to provide the break out. It may be still too early, too far from halving event, I mean. Once we are close to the halving we will get the spark (maybe something completely unimportant, or no news at all, like last time in November) and it will get going pretty quick. Horizontal trends are boring and long, unfortunately. However the longer the wait, the bigger the potential move after break out.

this space is intentionally left blank
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:50:51 PM

I really like this current stability, and I would like that it remains for years, this way all speculators will renounce to this currency and only people really interested in the development of new economic alternatives will remain here.
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:01:20 PM

I really like this current stability, and I would like that it remains for years, this way all speculators will renounce to this currency and only people really interested in the development of new economic alternatives will remain here.

Other currencies are more stable, yet have many, many more speculators. Speculators aren't a bad thing - they bring liquidity, making it easier to sell (and buy) without the price changing dramatically.

This space intentionally left blank.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 06:01:40 AM

I really don't like this stability, only the price fluctuations makes the users excited. This stability makes everyone little bored and this will no longer continues. We can see a price rise soon.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 06:35:43 AM

not at this value, this value is a joke for something so big as bitcoin, i would like to see stability but at no less than 4 zeroes value

actually it's with bigger value that you have a better stability
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 06:59:22 AM

not at this value, this value is a joke for something so big as bitcoin, i would like to see stability but at no less than 4 zeroes value

actually it's with bigger value that you have a better stability

The current value is indeed on the lower side if you just look at the potential that Bitcoin has, but it's just a matter of time before we see the market cap increase to more decent levels. I think we'll reach $10 billion somewhere in early or mid 2017.
AlexBits

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 08:45:31 AM

Other currencies are more stable, yet have many, many more speculators. Speculators aren't a bad thing - they bring liquidity, making it easier to sell (and buy) without the price changing dramatically.
The price around this time is indeed stable, and that is bad for the people who are waiting for a price increase and for the people who already have some Bitcoins.
Many people are also saying that the value of Bitcoin will not rise after a long time so you must wait a long time for it.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 02:44:43 PM

The price was stable for a pretty long time but this finally changing. The price is going up and there is live again in bitcoin. People are returning to bitcoin to hopefully sell their coins that they have saved.
Rotator

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 06:04:57 PM

This stability is very important but we all would like to see price rising and stress level will be only higher, here, over time. And this is why trading is not for everyone. Traders are not interested in stability Grin
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 06:18:18 PM

This stability is very important but we all would like to see price rising and stress level will be only higher, here, over time. And this is why trading is not for everyone. Traders are not interested in stability Grin
Lol i think if you just see always increase and very stable to increase maybe more people will invest and they will find a cheap price of bitcoin and stay to hold until reach 10k usd each.. and that is impossible to happen.. its always depends in demand and supply so we dont have control for the price increase and decrease..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
vendetahome

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 08:30:53 PM

stability is a really good thing for now, in my opinion it means that the bitcoin price is ready for a huge growth in the future because of the buy walls that are being built right now

i hope that people will keep on buying in the future especially before the halving because it will allow the price to grow at a very rapid pace, because right now we have a long stability period
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 09:06:57 PM

stability is a really good thing for now, in my opinion it means that the bitcoin price is ready for a huge growth in the future because of the buy walls that are being built right now

i hope that people will keep on buying in the future especially before the halving because it will allow the price to grow at a very rapid pace, because right now we have a long stability period
once again, this recent horizontal trend since mid of January should not be confused with stability. Price of Bitcoin is all but stable at the moment due to a simple fact that Bitcoin has only a bit more than six years. Being even less time in the market, it is still in its initial phase when the main force is volatility not stability.

Signaturan

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 08:13:42 AM

once again, this recent horizontal trend since mid of January should not be confused with stability. Price of Bitcoin is all but stable at the moment due to a simple fact that Bitcoin has only a bit more than six years. Being even less time in the market, it is still in its initial phase when the main force is volatility not stability.

The price is stable for now by the bitcoin price history. But the price will rise very fast in the near future.
JeanMcCoy

Activity: 363

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 09:22:06 AM

The price of BTC is going to continue its stable multi-week run.

stable? not even close, price is rising now, and if price rises then it can't be stable, and to be honest i don't think that it will be stable anytime soon, price of bitcoin will just rise next months too because of halving, and i hope that it won't fall down anytime soon
The value now is indeed stable for a long time and that is not the best thing that can happen with Bitcoin because a lot of people want to make profit with it.
The halving is also coming and many people told me that the value is not even going to rise.
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:23:11 PM

The price is stable for now by the bitcoin price history. But the price will rise very fast in the near future.
I actually don't agree with both statements. Bitcoin price is not stable by any means. We are in a horizontal trend since mid-January, but as soon as there are some news the volatility will return.
Whether it will be rise or fall, it remains to be seen.

Rotator

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:32:09 PM

But this is theory and only one year before we were in downtrend and everything was very depressed.. Now we are all in hype and everybody talking about moon. You cannot predict future, we can talk about possibilities and chances.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: