Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:03:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Counterparty vs Open Assets vs Colored Coins. Which should we use?  (Read 1027 times)
menlatin (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 02:41:13 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2015, 03:47:59 AM by menlatin

I'm trying to decide which asset protocol I should implement for a coin and wondering what the community thinks of each and how they interact with PoS.

Thoughts?

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 03:35:27 AM

I'm trying to decide which asset protocol I should implement for a coin and wondering what the community thinks of each and how they interact with PoS.

Thoughts?

Neither. This is a time for consolidation. Take your skills and knowledge and integrate them into a presently living coin. Just because someone invented an air bag, we didn't suddenly have an "Air Bag" car, neither should we have a new coin each time an idea is manifest.

The world does not need another currency, the world just needs a currency that can live united, togetherness is where the power is stored.

menlatin (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 03:47:28 AM

Thoughts?

Neither. This is a time for consolidation. Take your skills and knowledge and integrate them into a presently living coin. Just because someone invented an air bag, we didn't suddenly have an "Air Bag" car, neither should we have a new coin each time an idea is manifest.

The world does not need another currency, the world just needs a currency that can live united, togetherness is where the power is stored.

Who says we can't provide united and togetherness with an altcoin side chained to bitcoin and having its own asset protocol? I think this is the direction that things are going to have to go if we want truly global adoption and must be willing to accept all the applications that are possible.

Also, we are not building a new coin.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 04:00:44 PM

Thoughts?

The Nxt system works - I've used it as both buyer and issuer: no problems.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 04:44:26 PM

Open Assets is a colored coin protocol, so there is
no vs. between them. Unless you mean implementing
your own colored coin protocol, but I think OAP would
work just fine for PoS or non-PoS.

“God does not play dice"
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:02:03 AM

Thoughts?

What are your requirements for the coin? Is it just you need a decentralised register of owners or something more?
TruthBear

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 11:46:07 PM

NXT
box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 02:39:37 AM

Just use NXT and use the monetary system feature to make a new coin.... easy as 123. Cool
K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 01:19:18 PM

the amount of NXT pushers on this forum is over 9000 Grin
Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 01:29:57 PM

Open Assets seems to be the protocol of choice, that's what Overstock has chosen to go with.
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 04:54:34 PM

There is a reason  Cheesy Strange not to see Nxt in the comparison, if the OP had had a good look around.

Thoughts?

What are your requirements for the coin? Is it just you need a decentralised register of owners or something more?

Bump.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 06:19:55 PM

Heh. Grin But if ye like, you can see those "pushers" as using this forum as a sandbox for outside evengelization. That's one advantage which the Big BTC had and has over all altcoins except for the mighty Doge: a swarm of tireless and enthusiastic - I dare say "brash" - evangelists to the outside world.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 06:57:14 PM

Heh. Grin But if ye like, you can see those "pushers" as using this forum as a sandbox for outside evengelization.

Thread hijacking becomes tiresome and I'd say counter-productive
after a while. To evangelize outsiders, maybe outside is the place
to be.

“God does not play dice"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: