Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:33:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CoD 1v1 betting, possible or not?  (Read 1363 times)
ObscureBean (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 04:27:48 AM

So yea I've been a CoD fan since the first Black Ops and have well over 1000 hrs logged on multiplayer (actually probably closer to 2000 by now). And I was thinking how awesome it would be if there was a website where you could meet other players and take on 1v1 challenges. People could create an account on the site and we could have a leaderboard as well as individual player rankings and have players grouped by region to try and minimize lag in games. And if we throw Bitcoin into the mix, we could have an escrow hold on to the prize until the winner is confirmed. I would limit it to 1v1s though because team based games would be too complicated to keep track of. Something like that would be extremely fun, what do you guys think? Is this feasible?

EDIT - Please let me know if this is not the best place to post this.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nikona

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:51:42 AM

Its something that can probably be implemented by a company like Steam which logs other thinks including game play. Perhaps would be a good thing for their business as well as they would be able to take commission off it.
There is a company or a service which actually is targetting a similar concept : https://www.leet.gg/
But doesn't seem like they have added COD for now.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 07:48:38 AM

I tried to google for any such sites that offer playing CoD for cash and stumbled upon this article. Gamers are pretty well-paid  Cool

http://www.brobible.com/entertainment/article/million-year-playing-call-duty-professionally/
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 08:16:03 AM

IMO the problem is that there will be _so much_ more incentive to cheat and/or build custom non-detectable cheats. But in theory it is pretty cool of course Smiley And of course there are plenty of professional gamers but they generally go to LANs and stuff so I guess cheating will be bit harder then.

ObscureBean (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 08:43:08 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2015, 09:03:28 AM by ObscureBean

I tried to google for any such sites that offer playing CoD for cash and stumbled upon this article. Gamers are pretty well-paid  Cool

http://www.brobible.com/entertainment/article/million-year-playing-call-duty-professionally/

Oh sure some people make very nice money from competitive play. I didn't read the article, but that's Nadeshot in the photo, he's one of the top competitive CoD players and he's in Optic Gaming which is one of the best team around. The thing is it's extremely hard to turn pro, there is a lot of talented players out there, plus it's a lot of stress as well once you're in because you're no longer playing just for fun and people expect you to perform at your best every time. But yea it would be pretty awesome to earn that kind of money playing games. On top of that these guys make a ton money from their Youtube channels as well. I'm thinking of something less stressful with no obligations that anyone can join, mostly for fun. I really think a website focusing on 1v1 challenges would be a massive hit, it'd allow anyone to show off their CoD skills and maybe earn some coin  Smiley  

IMO the problem is that there will be _so much_ more incentive to cheat and/or build custom non-detectable cheats. But in theory it is pretty cool of course Smiley And of course there are plenty of professional gamers but they generally go to LANs and stuff so I guess cheating will be bit harder then.

Yea sure cheating might be a problem but it's not that easy to cheat without it being obvious. Even if we don't have betting in the beginning, it would be fun just to be able to have 1v1s against people all over the world  Smiley

EDIT - @nikona just checked out your link, the site looks really promising, their faq says they gonna be incorporating console and mobile gaming soon, would definitely be worth a serious look then  Smiley
ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:10:21 AM

Since in normal games people can create bots to play with, I believe that can also be implemented in these online games against other players with people setting up bots on their ends giving people unfair advantage .
michinzx

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 11:02:17 AM

i think there would be too much incentive to cheat in these matches being an fps, or to even throw if its possible to bet against yourself. with those factors in mind i odnt think its possible to create an environment where the games could be completely fair. The exception is, of course, only allowing the possibility of betting on a third party match or on yourself along with a constantly updated anticheat.
nikona

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:00:01 PM

i think there would be too much incentive to cheat in these matches being an fps, or to even throw if its possible to bet against yourself. with those factors in mind i odnt think its possible to create an environment where the games could be completely fair. The exception is, of course, only allowing the possibility of betting on a third party match or on yourself along with a constantly updated anticheat.
What would be the point of betting on oneself in a game like COD ? Seems you might be misunderstanding it here.

@nikona just checked out your link, the site looks really promising, their faq says they gonna be incorporating console and mobile gaming soon, would definitely be worth a serious look then  Smiley

Yes, I believe the site has said that since the last 7-8 months . Not sure how much involved they are in the development, but with such an infrastructure they can actually look forward to be funded for their project.
tsoPANos

Activity: 602

In math we trust.

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:05:31 PM

That's a great idea.
And could be extended with more games, not only CoD.
The hardest part would be avoid getting scammed.
A solution would be both parties to pay the amount to a third party like escrow.
marioantonini
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1082

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:11:36 PM

Anybodi know if is possible play ( 1 vs 1 or group team is the same) to Battlefield Heroes and betting bitcoin ? I'm very old player of this game
Nidaleee

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:45:17 PM

why not stream yourself on twitch? and actually do this on stream as well.
ticoti

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 11:15:40 PM

I don't really know any service that exist,but you could have the money in an escrow, it is an annoying solution,but the only way until now
tsoPANos

Activity: 602

In math we trust.

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 10:18:00 AM

It will be hard to sync the gambling service with the game.
It would need special modding for each game
magicmexican

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 12:04:57 PM

A huge pontetial for cheating, hacks, and scams. Just on top of my head i can think of so many ways to screw someone over. I doubt that something like that will ever take off unless the bets will stay in the microstake range.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: