Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:50:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is dying. Is there ANY chance of a bubble and more adoption?  (Read 1072 times)
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:49:26 PM

It seams that quite a lot of people already indeed know about bitcoin yet the demand remains pretty constant. I am not personally holding much hope any more that the bitcoin price will reach what we all once dreamed of and will continue to fall until its irreversible.

Its really hard to accept that Bitcoin had its time when it was 1k usd each it really is but I think that was the limit as people just don't value it very much. People who have normal jobs and are happy just following the same rubbish the governments dish out are the complete majority and Bitcoin is risky and alien to them. These are the people we need yet will never get due to the nature of bitcoin. I can have very deep conversations with people about bitcoin but then when it comes to getting to buy one none are interested. People do not think deeply enough in general to accept bitcoin and those that do either genuinely believe in the great concept or are just trying to make money from it. Most people just trying to make money from it. So as far as I personally gather there really is not a great deal of belief in Bitcoin and less as the price continues to drop.

So for another bubble it really does need something revolutionary to happen. But what exactly do you think will make another bubble? Personally I can not see another bubble happening what so ever. Its sad really as I do like bitcoin a lot and I like to have control over my assets. If the volatility was sorted out I would keep all my cash in Bitcoin. But even I am now scared to keep money in Bitcoin so any of my friends or colleagues at work I can imagine NEVER buy it. So I can not see another bubble or any more adoption. I just cant see it.

I can't see anything happening with bitcoin from now and I cant see any more adoption. Maybe I am in a pessimistic mood. Or could I be wrong?

To peel or not to peel.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:52:16 PM

There won't be a new bubble anytime soon, mate.
We're just lucky if it doesn't become worthless due to Gavin.

gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:53:08 PM

Any time soon I think means never then.

To peel or not to peel.
BitcoinOrigins

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:54:05 PM

Think as bitcoin as when it first started when the new changes happen we dont know if its going to work again and its looking unlikely at this point
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:55:35 PM

so sell all you have while you can?

To peel or not to peel.
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:56:27 PM

Any time soon I think means never then.

I don't know, man. Maybe Litecoin or some alt.
Bitcoin is in deep trouble for the foreseeable future.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 02:56:47 PM

you guys make my day  Grin

gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:57:58 PM

Awesome Smiley Always good to see a smile.

To peel or not to peel.
pissedoff

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:59:07 PM

No matter how much you believe Bitcoin is evolutuionary you've got to think in a business  sense and not only a passion sense. You do understand this is a big threat with the internal develoeprs who have contrivbuted much of their life have now falling out and potentially what ever way this goes we will be losing a few developers.

This is one of the biggest threats since the last exploit
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:59:17 PM

Google translate changes your sentence to this:

Confident statement. Worried and emotional question?

Which is it?  Huh

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 03:02:18 PM

I am not worried I just get sad when I see my hopes smashed Sad The normal population cant deal with bitcoin.. They are too stupid and need banks etc.. Its true really. Most of my friends. nice people but they dont question the banks and dont question the world... So why would they use or adopt bitcoin when the price volatility? BTC just cant work

To peel or not to peel.
Lay-z

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 03:02:42 PM

Bitcoin is dying. Is there ANY chance of a bubble and more adoption?

public adoption? - never, because of the way it's build!  bubble? - unless new willy bot emerges.

I was going to do something today but I haven't finished doing nothing from yesterday...
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 03:09:55 PM

I hope the current stability of the market can attrat some billion doller investments pretty soon and the bitcoin market takes a huge step towards mainstream.  :PJust A Thought Tongue

Unbelive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 03:11:20 PM

So for another bubble it really does need something revolutionary to happen. But what exactly do you think will make another bubble? Personally I can not see another bubble happening what so ever. Its sad really as I do like bitcoin a lot and I like to have control over my assets. If the volatility was sorted out I would keep all my cash in Bitcoin. But even I am now scared to keep money in Bitcoin so any of my friends or colleagues at work I can imagine NEVER buy it. So I can not see another bubble or any more adoption. I just cant see it.

You dont need any revolution. No one knows when but it will just happen. Sooner or latter.

C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 03:15:34 PM

Threads of doom, gloom, dying, and suicide are strong buy indicators.   Tongue

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 03:18:57 PM

Threads of doom, gloom, dying, and suicide are strong buy indicators.   Tongue

a typical bitcoin indicator  Tongue

C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 03:20:23 PM

Threads of doom, gloom, dying, and suicide are strong buy indicators.   Tongue
a typical bitcoin indicator  Tongue

a typical crypto indicator  Grin

Personally, I want a little more blood in the streets before pulling the trigger. 

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 03:23:28 PM

public adoption? - never, because of the way it's build!  bubble? - unless new willy bot emerges.

whats a willy bot?

To peel or not to peel.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 03:39:00 PM

whats a willy bot?

the one that is presumed, that has pumped the shit out of bitcoin with the 1200 peak, still china played a big role there along with many new users
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:24:39 PM

We're just lucky if it doesn't become worthless due to Gavin.

Don't worry too much about Gavin. Even Mark Karpeles couldn't destroy Bitcoin (although he was able to bring down the exchange rates from $1,200 to $230). Gavin's latest attempt will also end in failure. And Bitcoin will emerge as stronger than it was ever before this (double-spend) attempt. Competition and challenges only strengthen us.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: