Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:15:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LiteDoge - such Community coin | no premine | very fast | much profit  (Read 125155 times)
Bitcoinman777

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 01:15:52 AM

I say .099!  Much Playful! Such Fun!

Me likes this number too

Donation address: 154
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
heavensopen (OP)

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 03:38:32 AM

Honestly for me it is no problem. 1, 0.1 0,01 or even 0.001. But I see more people have opinions about it, so let's make a vote/community poll.

From what I understand it is a fast fix,

@heavensopen or @crunck can you guys do it?

@heathcoin, please respect the crunck's choice not to visit the IRC. As you know he has a valid reason for it, since the last time he went there.
The IRC is important for LiteDoge, so I added it to the sites etc. But as we all agreed upon, the complete community should have a voice. Not like the block time change, which was not communicated at all. If the IRC debates bring interesting features/changes, please post them in this thread too.

Thnx

To late for that now, with the new wallet only two days away, a vote is out of the question, got to wonder though was it shroud planing on their part to not give us the time needed to vote, or piss poor planing and an after thought to change the fee ?

Either way it seems the 0.01 will be forced on us just the same as the silly non functioning IRC window in the new wallet.

I though they had a clear plan, and the wallet was going to be release everywhere and publicised well in advance but alas it seems its all going to be rushed through at the last min, which is ok as long as it all works I suppose.

But some one needs to take this coin and provide a proper road map, which set dates for things, and not just come up with wild ideas at the last min.

There's no reason for a poll 34 hours before the fork, esp. since we all agree to reduce fees. I suggest we go for 0.01 and get done with it. Clock is ticking.

You all have to understand this is a wallet.... and it will be used by people to hold their coins, stake them and make transactions. Price of the coin, ease of usage and profit are much more important than implementing an IRC client or whatever bells and whistles every one of us would like to have in there. I have seen wallets that have other features too, block explorers, price tickers, graphs with price history, market cap, links to merchants.....  whatever each dev was thinking to be important, but it all this ends up not being used by the public, because each and every one of us have different perspectives - or simply because the user doesn't know how to use them.

Just think how many people have no idea how to sign a message or import a private key to their wallet - and these are functions implemented to all QT clients, it's not something unique.

@heathcoin & MinerFTW: you guys need to realize not everyone likes IRC, whether you find it awesome or whatever. We don't live in our computers and, even those of us who are close to achieving this, we can't live in an IRC channel just in case we miss something that was discussed at some point we weren't looking. This and the fact that IRC is addictive and too time consuming are its main disadvantages - but this is not the right place for a discussion like this. Just respect that not all people are willing to visit and participate.

And, btw, I visited several times and nobody brought this up, I saw it last night in MinerFTW's post. How do you expect the community to decide in a few hours?

For me, a forum is much more convenient, you can read posts anytime you want/have time to look at them, whether it is this thread, the site's forum or whatever. You can even go back and look older posts too, something you can't do on IRC unless you run a bot that keeps logs in a specific channel.

What is critically important now is to get done with the wallet and let it go public. If you think it is too early, think again, in 34 hours people will want to make transactions (let alone staking, I am not touching that) and they won't have a way to do it. Current client and exchanges will be cut off instantly, it's like "now you see me, now you don't". So we must be clear about it and have all the information public for everyone to read, when Mr X is going to fork with his old (current) client he won't go to IRC to ask what happened, he won't even know it. Stop acting like everybody knows what is coming, most people don't. And then, there are the exchanges too, when are they going to be informed?
ctgiant

Activity: 298

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 04:46:17 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2015, 05:03:33 AM by ctgiant

There's no reason for a poll 34 hours before the fork, esp. since we all agree to reduce fees. I suggest we go for 0.01 and get done with it. Clock is ticking.

You all have to understand this is a wallet.... and it will be used by people to hold their coins, stake them and make transactions. Price of the coin, ease of usage and profit are much more important than implementing an IRC client or whatever bells and whistles every one of us would like to have in there. I have seen wallets that have other features too, block explorers, price tickers, graphs with price history, market cap, links to merchants.....  whatever each dev was thinking to be important, but it all this ends up not being used by the public, because each and every one of us have different perspectives - or simply because the user doesn't know how to use them.

Just think how many people have no idea how to sign a message or import a private key to their wallet - and these are functions implemented to all QT clients, it's not something unique.

@heathcoin & MinerFTW: you guys need to realize not everyone likes IRC, whether you find it awesome or whatever. We don't live in our computers and, even those of us who are close to achieving this, we can't live in an IRC channel just in case we miss something that was discussed at some point we weren't looking. This and the fact that IRC is addictive and too time consuming are its main disadvantages - but this is not the right place for a discussion like this. Just respect that not all people are willing to visit and participate.

And, btw, I visited several times and nobody brought this up, I saw it last night in MinerFTW's post. How do you expect the community to decide in a few hours?

For me, a forum is much more convenient, you can read posts anytime you want/have time to look at them, whether it is this thread, the site's forum or whatever. You can even go back and look older posts too, something you can't do on IRC unless you run a bot that keeps logs in a specific channel.

What is critically important now is to get done with the wallet and let it go public. If you think it is too early, think again, in 34 hours people will want to make transactions (let alone staking, I am not touching that) and they won't have a way to do it. Current client and exchanges will be cut off instantly, it's like "now you see me, now you don't". So we must be clear about it and have all the information public for everyone to read, when Mr X is going to fork with his old (current) client he won't go to IRC to ask what happened, he won't even know it. Stop acting like everybody knows what is coming, most people don't. And then, there are the exchanges too, when are they going to be informed?

Well said and thanks for the input from not just you but everyone!  

I read this thread, the litedoge.org forum and IRC everyday and have appreciated all of the effort put in by the community in many various capacities.  All of the suggestions made here and on the other platforms have been heard, and once this wallet is released, we will have the community vote on various enhancements to be implemented for future wallet releases(if they are doable by the current dev team, and if not and there is a dev that would like to lend a hand, that would be great too).

I would like to address the final paragraph here as it is on me to get the wallets released.  I have been working around the clock to get these wallets out and have been trying to implement everything that the community wants into the wallets, but it has not been easy.  I have run into many errors on the windows wallet side while trying to implement IRC and even though I finally got it compiled today, it is not working correctly, as it fails with a runtime error when trying to run specific tasks (such as quitting the wallet).  

Because of this I have been troubleshooting the wallet all day and have two ways in which I will move forward:
 1. keep troubleshooting the wallet with IRC built in (kiwii IRC inside the wallet, not the messed up IRC from other wallets) and get it working (may not happen before the fork, and many do not care about this feature anyways)
 2. Build the wallet without IRC built in (but it will have a link that opens a browser window for kiwiiIRC) test and release as soon as possible, barring any errors (it is currently being built right now)

As a result we may have 2 wallet versions for this release on Windows and I will make sure to let everyone know which one is which based on the download name.  I will let heavensopen, maincoin, crunck, and heathkid know so that they can update this BCT thread, litedoge.info, litedoge.org/litedoge.org forum and IRC.

Once again, I am sorry that it has taken so long to get these wallets out, but I am new to this and some issues arose along the way.

-ctgiant

MiningAlts Block Explorers and Windows/Mac Wallet Building Services - http://miningalts.com
heavensopen (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 05:19:45 AM

I read this thread, the litedoge.org forum and IRC everyday and have appreciated all of the effort put in by the community in many various capacities.  All of the suggestions made here and on the other platforms have been heard, and once this wallet is released, we will have the community vote on various enhancements to be implemented for future wallet releases(if they are doable by the current dev team, and if not and there is a dev that would like to lend a hand, that would be great too).

I would like to address the final paragraph here as it is on me to get the wallets released.  I have been working around the clock to get these wallets out and have been trying to implement everything that the community wants into the wallets, but it has not been easy.  I have run into many errors on the windows wallet side while trying to implement IRC and even though I finally got it compiled today, it is not working correctly, as it fails with a runtime error when trying to run specific tasks (such as quitting the wallet). 

Because of this I have been troubleshooting the wallet all day and have two ways in which I will move forward:
 1. keep troubleshooting the wallet with IRC built in (kiwii IRC inside the wallet, not the messed up IRC from other wallets) and get it working (may not happen before the fork, and many do not care about this feature anyways)
 2. Build the wallet without IRC built in (but it will have a link that opens a browser window for kiwiiIRC) test and release as soon as possible, barring any errors (it is currently being built right now)

As a result we may have 2 wallet versions for this release on Windows and I will make sure to let everyone know which one is which based on the download name.  I will let heavensopen, maincoin, crunck, and heathkid know so that they can update this BCT thread, litedoge.info, litedoge.org/litedoge.org forum and IRC.

Once again, I am sorry that it has taken so long to get these wallets out, but I am new to this and some issues arose along the way.

-ctgiant

Thanks...

I am not against IRC but it is not what I am looking for in a wallet. I actually want a wallet running smoothly, flawlessly, staking my coins and giving me no trouble. Everything else is welcomed but not mandatory. And I believe most people would agree with this approach.

I will say this again, clock is ticking. My opinion is to avoid anything that could bring trouble or not function properly. The community had enough problems with forks and all that has happened already, we need no more of this. So, I suggest to build the wallet without the IRC client to get it up on time, inform everyone to download and install it, inform exchanges to make whatever changes are needed and, once we are done with the fork and all is running fine, try to implement any other changes, including the IRC client.

To be honest, it gets me nervous to know a hard fork is coming and I have nothing in my hands that will be working the very next minute. If this goes on, I will have no other option than to transfer all my coins to an exchange and wait till we have a working wallet.
ctgiant

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 05:28:55 AM

Thanks...

I am not against IRC but it is not what I am looking for in a wallet. I actually want a wallet running smoothly, flawlessly, staking my coins and giving me no trouble. Everything else is welcomed but not mandatory. And I believe most people would agree with this approach.

I will say this again, clock is ticking. My opinion is to avoid anything that could bring trouble or not function properly. The community had enough problems with forks and all that has happened already, we need no more of this. So, I suggest to build the wallet without the IRC client to get it up on time, inform everyone to download and install it, inform exchanges to make whatever changes are needed and, once we are done with the fork and all is running fine, try to implement any other changes, including the IRC client.

To be honest, it gets me nervous to know a hard fork is coming and I have nothing in my hands that will be working the very next minute. If this goes on, I will have no other option than to transfer all my coins to an exchange and wait till we have a working wallet.

I understand all of that, and rest assured the wallet will be ready soon.  I, more than anyone, just want to be done with this and release it so that we as a community can move on from here.  This has taken up a huge amount of my time and is more than I originally signed on for, so I want everything to go smoothly and everyone to benefit. 

I am compiling and running one more test which shouldn't take more than 40 minutes, and then I will PM you the links to the updated wallet.

Everyone should be reminded that the wallet will not work until the moment after the hard fork occurs at 2015-06-29 - 13:00:00 UTC, so do not update before then.  Also, please make sure to back up your wallet.dat file before running it as a precaution.

MiningAlts Block Explorers and Windows/Mac Wallet Building Services - http://miningalts.com
heavensopen (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 05:40:47 AM

Everyone should be reminded that the wallet will not work until the moment after the hard fork occurs at 2015-06-29 - 13:00:00 UTC, so do not update before then.  Also, please make sure to back up your wallet.dat file before running it as a precaution.

Also, there is an issue with the time format chosen for the fork: UTC is often mistakenly interpreted as GMT, while these are two different things. UTC is a time standard, GMT is a time zone.

See more info here: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/gmt-utc-time.html

Just to be on the safe side, make sure you check the countdown timer at http://www.litedoge.info/ and you will know precisely when the hard fork will occur.
crunck
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

crunck

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 05:49:52 AM

Add this to the OP:

Code:
[url=http://www.pending.me.uk][img]http://www.pending.me.uk/cd/bla_1435582800.png[/img][/url]

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
heavensopen (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 05:58:20 AM

Add this to the OP:

Added.

I'll try to include it to all my posts also
ctgiant

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 06:07:01 AM

New wallet links have been sent out to the appropriate people for all necessary locations.

I will post them below as well:

Windows: https://bitbucket.org/ctgiant/litedoge/downloads/litedoge-qt-win-v3.1.1.1-no-irc.zip

Mac: https://bitbucket.org/ctgiant/litedoge/downloads/Litedoge-Qt-Mac-v3.1.1.1.dmg

Once again, do not use until after this timer ends

heavensopen (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 06:21:50 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2015, 06:38:49 AM by heavensopen

New wallet links have been sent out to the appropriate people for all necessary locations.

I will post them below as well:

Windows: https://bitbucket.org/ctgiant/litedoge/downloads/litedoge-qt-win-v3.1.1.1-no-irc.zip

Mac: https://bitbucket.org/ctgiant/litedoge/downloads/Litedoge-Qt-Mac-v3.1.1.1.dmg

Once again, do not use until after this timer ends

OP updated

Everyone, please ask if you need help

Do not use the new wallets before the hard fork occurs!
maincoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 01:29:12 PM

Great cttgiant.

I updated the website.
http://www.litedoge.info/download-wallet.php
maincoin

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 01:38:20 PM

You all have to understand this is a wallet.... and it will be used by people to hold their coins, stake them and make transactions. Price of the coin, ease of usage and profit are much more important than implementing an IRC client or whatever bells and whistles every one of us would like to have in there. I have seen wallets that have other features too, block explorers, price tickers, graphs with price history, market cap, links to merchants.....  whatever each dev was thinking to be important, but it all this ends up not being used by the public, because each and every one of us have different perspectives - or simply because the user doesn't know how to use them.

I read this thread, the litedoge.org forum and IRC everyday and have appreciated all of the effort put in by the community in many various capacities.  All of the suggestions made here and on the other platforms have been heard, and once this wallet is released, we will have the community vote on various enhancements to be implemented for future wallet releases(if they are doable by the current dev team, and if not and there is a dev that would like to lend a hand, that would be great too).

I would like to address the final paragraph here as it is on me to get the wallets released.  I have been working around the clock to get these wallets out and have been trying to implement everything that the community wants into the wallets, but it has not been easy.  I have run into many errors on the windows wallet side while trying to implement IRC and even though I finally got it compiled today, it is not working correctly, as it fails with a runtime error when trying to run specific tasks (such as quitting the wallet). 

As a result we may have 2 wallet versions for this release on Windows and I will make sure to let everyone know which one is which based on the download name.  I will let heavensopen, maincoin, crunck, and heathkid know so that they can update this BCT thread, litedoge.info, litedoge.org/litedoge.org forum and IRC.

-ctgiant

I know you and the guys work very hard. If the IRC implementation is delayed, that is fine by me and Ihope many others. I pledged M LDOGE for this wallet, so please give me your wallet address so I cn pay it.

@heavsopen
I am very happy about this comment.
"You guys need to realize not everyone likes IRC, whether you find it awesome or whatever. We don't live in our computers and, even those of us who are close to achieving this, we can't live in an IRC channel just in case we miss something that was discussed at some point we weren't looking. This and the fact that IRC is addictive and too time consuming are its main disadvantages - but this is not the right place for a discussion like this. Just respect that not all people are willing to visit and participate."

I agree the IRC is important, but it is not good to only discuss new items their. BCT should be the leading communication channel. If some great ideas comes from the IRC or for that matter the LiteDoge forum, please post them here too.
litedoge

Activity: 280

wow much coin such love

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 02:43:10 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2015, 02:54:57 PM by litedoge

@heavsopen
"You guys need to realize not everyone likes IRC, whether you find it awesome or whatever. We don't live in our computers and, even those of us who are close to achieving this, we can't live in an IRC channel just in case we miss something that was discussed at some point we weren't looking. This and the fact that IRC is addictive and too time consuming are its main disadvantages - but this is not the right place for a discussion like this. Just respect that not all people are willing to visit and participate."

I agree the IRC is important, but it is not good to only discuss new items their. BCT should be the leading communication channel. If some great ideas comes from the IRC or for that matter the LiteDoge forum, please post them here too.

I also support this.

Keep the community involved in decisions - let them vote on key issues and keep them informed about any final decisions taken in the IRC chat.  
crunck
Legendary

crunck

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 02:56:06 PM

Lets get that 3 sat buy wall growing on trex Smiley

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
heavensopen (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 03:11:57 PM

@heavsopen

There is no doubt that IRC is important, it is very important indeed. I only wanted to make clear that it's not for everyone, some people like it and some other's don't, it's clearly a personal point of view.

Let's wait for the fork and get those new wallets staking!
Glory days are ahead of us!
heavensopen (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 03:13:38 PM

Lets get that 3 sat buy wall growing on trex Smiley

I'm on it!
and don't forget C-Cex, we want to keep it over 0.2 BTC/day, get some coins from there too!
Bitcoinman777

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 03:30:46 PM

@heavsopen

I also support this.

Keep the community involved in decisions - let them vote on key issues and keep them informed about any final decisions taken in the IRC chat.  

Sounds like a plan.

Donation address: 154
maincoin

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 03:31:42 PM

Excellent, just wanted to buy some litedoge an hour ago, but someone scooped the last 3 satoshi orders away.

Happy my order is first in line now Wink
heavensopen (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 03:33:47 PM

Excellent, just wanted to buy some litedoge an hour ago, but someone scooped the last 3 satoshi orders away.

ehmm
you have to be faster than this Tongue
crunck
Legendary

crunck

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 03:34:39 PM

This is so close now to jumping upto 5/6 sats Smiley

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: