Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:53:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin site for selling digital goods like GoURL  (Read 1317 times)
QuestionQuest (OP)

Activity: 263
Merit: 131

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 09:56:38 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2016, 10:07:19 PM by QuestionQuest

Posted within an old post, but I was adviced to open a new thread in here.

If you need some more background, please read the old post first. The problem seems to be old and not solved.
Old post -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=57450

Well - just looking for a simple and easy way to sell some of my downloads which are resellable. (steamgifts)
I can sell them as a link or as a file (with the URL included) uploaded.
For around 50 games it has no sence to write own code, build up a cms or installing any digitaldownload plugin to them.

Well - I will try to find a solution - otherwise I will sell them on eBay the old way for money  Roll Eyes

1) GoURL.io looks pretty nice to me. Well a 3,5% fee for a download-link - but I dont have to install anythink and better then other markets for money.
But this -Monetiser- does not work for me. It always is saying that the URL is not responding. While trying around I used google and gourl itself. Same error message, so google and the own site is not reachable, too Smiley
A pitty. Support did not answered me within bitcointalk and not over the contact option on the site.

2) Easydigitaldownloads - well it is a plugin for some carts and cms like magento, wordpress, virtuemart etc.

3) Maybe CoinURL - it is a link-shortener service with revenue, but you can uplod your links with an API or bulk as csv - even password protected.
Its not the same like GoURL promises - there is no need for a password. Pay and get. Pay not, get not. So with CoinURL you will need to get the money yourself and later send the customer the link. In this case I could just send the link RAW.
But with a password option I can send it in two messages for more security. (first link - second password)

4) I have an old script, mostly PHP --- uhm I think it was 6, maybe 5 - maybe 4.x :/ --- and maybe some perl/cgi inside Wink
I wrote this years ago and it would not work out of a box (needs a rewrite)

Features:
Login with Download-ID, Username, Password and captcha
Ofc admin to generate new downloads including mass import function (csv, never wrote an API for it - it was quick and dirty)
API connection to 3 different services for automated anti-proxy check, anti-fraud check and dont laugh --- the 3rd checking API --- I forgot what this was about. APIs wont run out of a box, too. There was a contract paying for each 1000 scans.
Tracking-Site (public). Enter your download-id and see who, when, from where etc. opened the download.
Optional template system with 2 messages per download including some wildcardoptions (for name, serial, usernames, passwords etc. --- well not for the login, but for the product)
Optional: Send the login data directly over email or create a setcard (pdf) to send anywhere -- or both

I really have no time. I would love it to find any ready solution out of the box like GoURL.io is promising - but its not working for me.
But if nobody knows an answer to this - I will try to rewrite it this year including bitcoin with bitpay or something like this. 0% fee for the community.

But really - I will pay up to 5% per sale with bitcoin @marketplace for downloads
Kinguin is about 11% (+ fix listing fee every 60 days)
eBay and similar marketplaces are @ 8-15% fee (sometimes fix fees).

SOLUTIONS OUT THERE?  Shocked Cool

Anyone found out more the past years/month. I was not able to find anything.
Maybe because those services will always get the victims of illegal downloads and then get closed down.
That is really the one point I am afraid of and the reason why my old script was used by some closed groups, friends and partner only.

### S9 13.5/14T (RIP) ### DragonMint 16T (DEVIL) --> Bitmain and Innosilicon (HAIL TO!) ###
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
QuestionQuest (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:05:40 PM

BUMP ONE  Roll Eyes Tongue

### S9 13.5/14T (RIP) ### DragonMint 16T (DEVIL) --> Bitmain and Innosilicon (HAIL TO!) ###
gourl.io

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 08:06:02 PM

1) GoURL.io looks pretty nice to me. Well a 3,5% fee for a download-link - but I dont have to install anythink and better then other markets for money.
But this -Monetiser- does not work for me. It always is saying that the URL is not responding. While trying around I used google and gourl itself. Same error message, so google and the own site is not reachable, too Smiley
A pitty. Support did not answered me within bitcointalk and not over the contact option on the site.

You cannot use general urls like "google.com", "yahoo.com", etc

Please use url with link on your file like: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

==========================================================================
GOURL.IO     ☲      BITCOIN / DOGECOIN / LITECOIN / DASH -  PHP & ASP.NET & WORDPRESS PAYMENT GATEWAY
==========================================================================
QuestionQuest (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:01:19 PM

You cannot use general urls like "google.com", "yahoo.com", etc

Please use url with link on your file like: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Well ofc, like written that were my -getting insane tests-.
Its not working with any domain.

https://www.steampowered.com/sub/sub/link.?something (just an example)

And if this is not working - its nuts.
I could now do a small delivery login (like metioned - I have one, written my own but old).
Why should I then pay 3,5%? For delivering my own login data created with my own scripts on my own webserver with my own domain.
Ofc www.google.com is blocked, but anyways - I tested almost anything and tell me just one domain which is working?
Tested with I.E.; Firefox; old unsecure Iron portable and with Chrome - and again Firefox but from Ubuntu and not from my windows can.

Ofc the steampowered.com hyperlink has some marks and signs (?,= etc.) but this should work with such a system.
It is important to allow generated links and not plain links, only. And it should be not your checking-point.

Anyways. I will do a last test. I will upload a test.pdf anywhere (could be just instructions) and put the real link within the message box.
I will answer if this will work, but this is a missing feature or too much feature that you dont accept some url because they are -not responding-. That should be not your part.

If someone is selling the link of the biggest search engine the link to sell would be www.google.com Tongue (just kidding, in this case)

QuestionQuest (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:16:39 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2016, 09:54:08 PM by QuestionQuest

Addon: I linked a test.pdf from any publicserver (search-result).
http://www.domain.xy/name.pdf

This time I hit another problem.
The public title has to be 30 t0 250 chars.
Well - my was 20 any nothing more to tell. Added some -bla- now.

Finally it worked.

I deleted the real number with -NOTREAL- (containing A-Z and 0-9 only) and deleted my Email in this example.

https://store.steampowered.com/account/ackgift/NOTREAL?redeemer=NotMy@Mail.com

This link is not working, because you see no file.
But it would be great to get it working this way - maybe for registered/verified people only.
Anyways - I am suprised that it is, like it is.
There are many file formattings and URL-services - this is missing in here.  Undecided Cry

And at the end. What if someone is just spending an URL and in the message some account data with username and password?
Would not work, too. A pitty.

Another test with this URL: https://stlab.adobe.com/wiki/images/d/d3/Test.pdf
Worked. Well.
Then all my buyer have to see a pdf-file from adobe out of the year 2006 with 3 monkeys.
And the real download link including the message.
A solution to prevent me from own coding - dirty, but will work.

HelioHash

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

https://twitter.com/HelioHash

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 12:06:03 PM

You can try https://openbazaar.org/

OpenBazaar is an open source project to create a decentralized
network for peer to peer commerce online, using Bitcoin. No fees and no restrictions.

vote for delegate heliohash on Ark mainnet.
80% profit sharing with voters every Friday. https://twitter.com/HelioHash
QuestionQuest (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 01:51:28 PM

network for peer to peer commerce online, using Bitcoin. No fees and no restrictions.

Looks very very interesting but with a touch of "Onion´s" Wink
I will look this up on weekend and test around.

For now:

BIG PRO:
No coding around. Who is connected will buy or sell.
Low fees.

BIG CONTRA
Bazaar-network clients, only. Reducing the normal webuser.

I am not selling "bad downloads" and so I am not afraid to post them public.
Anyways P2P-Trading, P2P-Websites (onion), P2P-DNS, P2P-Everything - why not ---- could be an interesting idea with potential to grow big.

Thank you for this link and github-project Cool

QuestionQuest (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:54:51 PM

First look around @OpenBazaar
-> Very closed system (ofc p2p)
-> You need to save your installation or your shop will be away after reinstall the OS
-> You will need to pay fee´s to moderators (1% to 25%) but 1% seems to be ok and you can limit it yourself evento 0%. But it seems like 1% is needed to get a good moderator

All in all:
For my needs I will use GoURL (dirty with a wrong File-URL) but with the prodcut included within the message and pay 3,5% - but maybe I will try 2-3 games for fun on OpenBazaar to get more feeling and practical knowledge. And maybe they will be sold as fast because on a network with buyer and seller - you will meet buyer or seller Cheesy
If I would get 10 games per month for example it would be not enough to do an own page, but then OpenBazaar would be my first choice.
For my one-time-selling some games I think its too much work to do the organisation around. (delivery, outward appereance, finding returning buyer is not needed - etc. etc.)

Again, thank you for the information that was awesome to find and see. Maybe I will use it for really one-time-sellings with real delivery.
Maybe someone else (or you again) has some more githubs, projects, websites or whatever can fit my needs for this "instant-digital-good-delivery-with-bitcoin"? Cool

After creating I just want to get a dropped link to re-post it or get the bitcoins - like with GoURL - but...
1) with a correct link in the format I wish
2) maybe 2% would be great and not 3,5% - but this is almost ok. Developement has costs and risk etc.

keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 12:38:50 PM

There's a digital goods section on https://bitify.com/ though I'm not sure if they have instant delivery for downloads etc.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
QuestionQuest (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 02:53:23 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2016, 03:11:58 PM by QuestionQuest

There's a digital goods section on https://bitify.com/ though I'm not sure if they have instant delivery for downloads etc.

Oh yeah. Looks pretty interesting to me.
I will have a check right now and report in here again.

EDIT:
Was a fast workaround, because the site is very simple in a nice easy to use way. Already bookmarked.
I think its like OpenBazaar, but not in a closed P2P and the outward appereance is more like ebay.

For selling one time goods it is perfect, but like with OpenBazaar you have to manage the auction + the selling (you have to monitor it / your emails and send the product in time after payment).
I would prefer it for selling private items, which I will send with real shipment (before the P2P-OpenBazaar).
My next attic sale after clean up the house will be a try on bitify and OpenBazaar.
I will see where the bitcoins will run better Cheesy

But for now I will stay addicted to GoURL with my one time need. I can exactly monitor a deadline of 13 days, then I have to re-up them all again, if not sold.
And everything else if sold is just on my wallet Smiley
So a workaround every 13-14 days and just answering questions is much better for me, for now and with steamgifts to send.

QuestionQuest (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 08:49:09 PM

I did it and here is the result -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1456748

First just 10-15 steamgift games - lets see if anybody is interested.
The price should be always 10% under the normal market price (what I was able to find as steamgift, not as cd-key scan!)

Thanks again for the bookmarks, project links and help.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: