Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:31:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Copycoins are Doomed  (Read 1668 times)
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:28:41 PM

The main problem side chains has introduced for me, is they can steal my technology and put it in a side chain. So I will just have to put it in a side chain first and make sure I am siphoning value from BTC in a way that can't technologically be improved upon. I know how to do this because it was already necessary in my design.

So everything is falling right into place for me. Monero has eventually been co-opted by side chains (unfortunately).

The above is incorrect. On further thought, I have solved the economic threat of Blockstream's pegged side chains (it threatened to turn all innovation into Communism!). There is a win-win solution for side chains and altcoins to co-exist.  Cool Grin

Exciting times ahead...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 10:29:58 PM

other cool features to bitcoin, i would not be so sure about their uselessness

Sidechains are making something that is already very complex even more difficult to understand, maintain and use. Maybe a few people are going to use it. It's just a few Bitcoin developers demonstrating how Bitcoin can do at the same Ethereum or any altcoin is doing.... (does Ethereum still exist?)

We need the opposite: Bitcoin becoming easier to use.

Bitcoin needs to become easier on the user-side in my opinion; so that the average person on earth can easily use it. Make easier wallets, on easier hardware. Create an easier possibility to pay with Bitcoin online, but also offline in shops. Create a easy possibility to buy Bitcoin (for the average person).

I'm not sure whether the "backside" of the coin has to be easy for that. For those people that are going to change the backside, I don't think it should become easier on the backside - they already know how it works.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
luciann

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:26:11 PM

instead of this whole side chain stuff, which is for alt coins.

why dont we just get rid of the alt coins, or have the alt coin section closed off to no longer get into alt coins in general.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:31:50 AM

instead of this whole side chain stuff, which is for alt coins.

why dont we just get rid of the alt coins, or have the alt coin section closed off to no longer get into alt coins in general.

because some of them offer good features, that bitcoin can utilize, like the infamous anonimity, or the mini-blockchain from cryptonite that resolve the issue of a big blockchain that keep to grow, and provide a good level of compresison of data

not to mention that mini blockchain could help against blockchain swelling by increase transaction bandwidth
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: