Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:20:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Reality of Masternode Centralization  (Read 7866 times)
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 06:17:12 PM

Claiming that because both don't hold 100% certainty, they're equivalent, is really crappy sophism.

Who made that claim? Not me. Still you're implying I did. Because if I did, then I would claim Bitcoin and DuckNote are equivalent, which I don't.

You implied they are both anonymous enough even if one is superior to the other in regards to anonymity. Who knows what you think about Ducknote and Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 06:56:26 PM

Claiming that because both don't hold 100% certainty, they're equivalent, is really crappy sophism.

Who made that claim? Not me. Still you're implying I did. Because if I did, then I would claim Bitcoin and DuckNote are equivalent, which I don't.

You implied they are both anonymous enough even if one is superior to the other in regards to anonymity.

I didn't imply either being superior to the other.

Who knows what you think about Ducknote and Bitcoin.

Doesn't matter what I think, what matters is whether they are equivalent in the context of this conversation i.e. anonymity.
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 07:13:16 PM

You implied they are both anonymous enough even if one is superior to the other in regards to anonymity.

I didn't imply either being superior to the other.

Who knows what you think about Ducknote and Bitcoin.

Doesn't matter what I think, what matters is whether they are equivalent in the context of this conversation i.e. anonymity.

I implied that by this whole thread.  Wink

Given that Monero doesn't have the masternode attack vector, they are not equivalent privacy technologies.

celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 07:14:27 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2015, 07:34:42 PM by celestio

Ugh, you're most definitely a troll.

In the context of them being anonymous to everyone else but the NSA, you implied that they are equally anonymous in the eyes of the NSA(As how can one be more anonymous than another in the eyes of an entity to which neither are anonymous to?). Nothing else in your quote shows otherwise. In fact, to show just how skewed your view is, you're basically also saying that Bitcoin for ex, is as anonymous as Monero or Dash.- Wrong, "If two things",  though those two things aren't specified, but adding Bitcoin is adding a "third thing" and absolutely wrong to do.

If two things are anonymous to everyone else but the NSA, does it matter which one is "more" anonymous? Aren't they both anonymous enough? Or are you saying Monero is NSA proof?

The reality of the matter(Not even taking in account the levels of anonymity provided by each crypto) is Dash's anonymity is more susceptible to attack than Monero's. Obviously the reason is because the masternodes can simply be taken down by their hosting providers(As the majority are hosted on servers online), while no such thing can happen with Monero. Dash can be "strong armed"(Take down most of it's nodes even if temporarily), Monero cannot.

Edited

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 07:21:21 PM

In the context of them being anonymous to everyone else but the NSA, you implied that they are equally anonymous in the eyes of the NSA. Nothing else in your quote shows otherwise. In fact, to show just how skewed your view is, you're basically also saying that Bitcoin for ex, is as anonymous as Monero or Dash.

If two things are anonymous to everyone else but the NSA, does it matter which one is "more" anonymous? Aren't they both anonymous enough? Or are you saying Monero is NSA proof?

If you think I'm saying "Bitcoin for ex, is as anonymous as Monero or Dash", you're also thinking Bitcoin is anonymous to everyone else but the NSA. Are you?
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 07:23:44 PM

In the context of them being anonymous to everyone else but the NSA, you implied that they are equally anonymous in the eyes of the NSA. Nothing else in your quote shows otherwise. In fact, to show just how skewed your view is, you're basically also saying that Bitcoin for ex, is as anonymous as Monero or Dash.

If you think I'm saying "Bitcoin for ex, is as anonymous as Monero or Dash", you're also thinking Bitcoin is anonymous to everyone else but the NSA. Are you?

Actually you're right there, your quote says "If two things", so Bitocin can't be included.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 02:11:44 AM

Or are you saying Monero is NSA proof?

Monero has a better chance to be NSA proof at some point, with sufficient operational safeguards and care. That's the nature of a system where the most critical privacy functions are performed without the need for counterparties.

The appropriate present day analogy is PGP, which seems largely if not entirely NSA-proof if used carefully, as opposed to Tor, which seems to be cryptographic swiss cheese.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: