Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:03:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyMonero.com - Security Issues  (Read 8164 times)
BlockaFett (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:44:36 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 05:58:28 PM by BlockaFett

BlockaFett admitted himself that this thread is a "troll" thread/entirely worthless. It has no factual information and is only biased speculation as BlockaFett is a DASH supporter. Of course we could do the opposite and talk about DASH's 2million coin fraudulent instamine...which is factual.

I don´t mind you investigating, when there is a flaw it needs to be fixed... if its a flaw.

But what i mind is that i do not understand that you call Monero a scam... but are perfectly fine about Dash´s shady past ( which we don´t need to get into because all has been said plenty of times )

Not calling Monero a scam, because I have zero evidence that it is.  OP is speculation and I am biased like I said.  Just sharing the info with my tinfoil hat on.

Most coins have something shady in their past.  Dash beginnings are probably the most investigated, I checked it out and decided to invest, that's it really, everyone make their own decision.

It's going to be too hard for me to add any value on anything here, kind of looks just like Dash supporter attacking Monero which wasn't the intention.

You seem to have missed the previous page celestio...MyMonero is sending your spend key and seed to the server in a cookie for a lot of users and all the evidence is there....let's not start this ridiculous sherade and start to p*** me off with blatant lies like above ("no factual information") when I just went to the trouble of doing your security testing for you backed by full evidence, and even Fluffy admits the problem and provided a plausible explanation and we dealt with it like adults and no need to start dragging this up.  If I really wanted to cause a stink about this obviously with a fact like this I could, but the fact i'm not should show you I am not just trying to 'troll Monero'...please take a deep breath maybe this BS style of FUD'ing BCT should stop.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 06:44:20 PM

BlockaFett admitted himself that this thread is a "troll" thread/entirely worthless. It has no factual information and is only biased speculation as BlockaFett is a DASH supporter. Of course we could do the opposite and talk about DASH's 2million coin fraudulent instamine...which is factual.

I don´t mind you investigating, when there is a flaw it needs to be fixed... if its a flaw.

But what i mind is that i do not understand that you call Monero a scam... but are perfectly fine about Dash´s shady past ( which we don´t need to get into because all has been said plenty of times )

Not calling Monero a scam, because I have zero evidence that it is.  OP is speculation and I am biased like I said.  Just sharing the info with my tinfoil hat on.

Most coins have something shady in their past.  Dash beginnings are probably the most investigated, I checked it out and decided to invest, that's it really, everyone make their own decision.

It's going to be too hard for me to add any value on anything here, kind of looks just like Dash supporter attacking Monero which wasn't the intention.

You seem to have missed the previous page celestio...MyMonero is sending your spend key and seed to the server in a cookie for a lot of users and all the evidence is there....let's not start this ridiculous sherade and start to p*** me off with blatant lies like above ("no factual information") when I just went to the trouble of doing your security testing for you backed by full evidence, and even Fluffy admits the problem and provided a plausible explanation and we dealt with it like adults and no need to start dragging this up.  If I really wanted to cause a stink about this obviously with a fact like this I could, but the fact i'm not should show you I am not just trying to 'troll Monero'...please take a deep breath maybe this BS style of FUD'ing BCT should stop.

actually i have to say this first time im on Blocka´s side.

1. This thread is not about Dash so use on of the many threads or create one yourself
2. I actually think we have a nice discussion and the way fluffy responds also helps everyone concerning about Monero
3. Every piece of information is good for new people getting into Monero who actually want to research a coin.
BlockaFett (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 06:52:05 PM

actually i have to say this first time im on Blocka´s side.

1. This thread is not about Dash so use on of the many threads or create one yourself
2. I actually think we have a nice discussion and the way fluffy responds also helps everyone concerning about Monero
3. Every piece of information is good for new people getting into Monero who actually want to research a coin.

+1 Davey.

Apologies if I sounded frustrated Celestio.
medusa13

Activity: 453
Merit: 500

hello world

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:14:29 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 07:53:14 PM by medusa13

i did not expect that the discussion in this thread would be valuable and constructive, but i was wrong.
if you troll like this your are welcome. Critism is wanted by most if not all of us, but it must have hand and feet. sometimes i feel BlockaFett just trolls to keep people busy, but this thread gives some good insight. still its a waste of time

maybe its time for all of us to evolve a little? (maybe we allready did). i never really took place in all this coinwars but i guess it took everyone a lot of energy.

edit: so much energy wasted..

XMR Monero
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:07:31 PM

Just pulling up a seat before catching up with events tomorrow.

Hold on, this is a third party service we're talking about?

WebWallet like blockchain.info

Ah, ok. Thanks.

The new BitLicences ask for a pen test

"Penetration testing. Each Licensee shall conduct penetration testing of its electronic systems, at least annually, and vulnerability assessment of those systems, at least quarterly. "

p33

http://www.dfs.ny.gov/legal/regulations/adoptions/dfsp200t.pdf

Apart from the bleeding obvious that this is not a licensed service and or is not based in NY, a pen test might be deemed a reasonable obligation if this is securing customer funds?
gablay12
Legendary

Activity: 918
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 09:02:44 PM

The site is closed.Any info?

The more I meet people, the more I like my dog.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 12:39:47 AM

The site is closed.Any info?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/5n3b9b/psa_mymonero_is_offline_for_updates_during_the/

pisquare

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 07:54:08 PM

Still inactive.Very interesting...I guess something is wrong.
jikolo

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:02:19 PM

is this wallet safe anymore?

'Funds in mymonero.com may be stuck after 10/1/2017: "you may struggle to retrieve funds after this date '
https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/mymonero-wallet/

Its a shame there is only one light wallet for XMR . credited coins have thousands of safe wallets. Many are not capable of running a full wallet node.
jikolo

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:39:45 PM

beware  there are exactly the same sites as mymonero.com  .even the name :  that was the first google search option for me twice . 
https://www.4shared.com/img/MFUgJfe9ca/s25/15f5465da10/fake
abeteamone

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:32:46 AM

I Lost My Coin in this wallet mymonero.com there is a transaction log that i never done ,
 i already cek my komputer but there is no security issue ,
i read my transaction , i found something wierd that the transaction is pass without payment ID.... ( its like a bank check without ID Payment who come ?? )
, i try to email the support team , now i'm waiting for their answer.... , Hope there are not a SCAM , cause i found this on google :

Anybody has the same problem Huh
Tabbey

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:19:44 PM

I Lost My Coin in this wallet mymonero.com there is a transaction log that i never done ,
 i already cek my komputer but there is no security issue ,
i read my transaction , i found something wierd that the transaction is pass without payment ID.... ( its like a bank check without ID Payment who come ?? )
, i try to email the support team , now i'm waiting for their answer.... , Hope there are not a SCAM , cause i found this on google :

Anybody has the same problem Huh

Hi,

i have the same Problem.

I created the Wallet and transferred Monero on December 13th to MyMonero Wallet and in the same night, just 5 hours later at approximetely 2:30 in the morning all my Monero got transferred out of it.

Is there anything I can do? I already notified the Support (they probably dont even comment on it). Could you do anything about it?

I dont think that someone got my Private Keys. If so, another Wallet would be empty too.

Atleast i learned alot from it...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: