Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:40:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Bitcoin trying to become Ripple 2.0?  (Read 906 times)
TruthBear (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 03:20:55 AM

Bitcoiners have always laughed at how serious banks and regulatory authorities take Ripple, but it feels like they are only bitter? To me, having one person decide to do whatever he likes with the bitcoin code (increase the block limit) dampens the decentralized dream, but where does this stop? Will he decide to increase the block reward or change transaction times next? Is this really a decentralized project or is this becoming like a centralized organisation like Ripple Labs (Gavin Labs?). Not to mention the recent news of some bitcoin bank in Europe.

Thoughts and opinions? Are bitcoiners hypocrites?
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
not altcoin hitler

Activity: 212
Merit: 22

Amazix

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 03:31:08 AM

It's time this clown disappears into his altcoin shitcoin project and leaves the bitcoin community alone before he really ruins it! He has been exposed on all fronts. Resignation is the only thing left for him. We should start a petition somehow!

MrZigler

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 04:00:38 AM

Made a video with some quotes from this forum and /r/Bitcoin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78ks2DscV-k

I will quarify that only the first 2 quotes are MicroGuy, the rest are other various cheerleaders of centralization.

At first I thought MicroGuy was being sarcastic, but after reading his post history it appears he is serious.

anderson00673

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 06:13:34 AM

It's time this clown disappears into his altcoin shitcoin project and leaves the bitcoin community alone before he really ruins it! He has been exposed on all fronts. Resignation is the only thing left for him. We should start a petition somehow!

Hi mr noobie.  Its not an altcoin.  There will not be a new coin.  There will only be the same coins that we already have.  The change over will be more or less seamless and should not be a big deal for the average user.  I suggest you read here and here before spreading more of this nonsense.  And if you do post more of this fud, like I know you will, at least please do us all a favor and try to make it a little bit coherent.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 06:55:49 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2015, 09:56:04 AM by Amph

please stop the fud, it is just an update to the client see it as that and nothing else, because by your logic bitcoin would be centralized since the beginning, seeing how it was created by only one person
TruthBear (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 09:32:43 AM

please stop the fud, it is just an update to the client see it as that and nopthing else, because by your logic bitcoin would be centralized since the beginning, seeing how it was created by only one person

Actually no. Because anyone had the opportunity to mine BTC. Now only companies can mine and control BTC. Which is why there is only a handful of large mining pools. Now we have one person making decisions on behalf of everyone like a Dictator.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 09:40:35 AM

please stop the fud, it is just an update to the client see it as that and nopthing else, because by your logic bitcoin would be centralized since the beginning, seeing how it was created by only one person

Actually no. Because anyone had the opportunity to mine BTC. Now only companies can mine and control BTC. Which is why there is only a handful of large mining pools. Now we have one person making decisions on behalf of everyone like a Dictator.

Bullshit, everyone can mine bitcoin, it just isn't profitable.. Just like it was nit profitable at the start of bitcoin as it was worth nothing back then..

Also, he is not forcing people, everybody can choose to run a node on the other wallet.
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 09:55:42 AM

Now only companies can mine and control BTC. Which is why there is only a handful of large mining pools. Now we have one person making decisions on behalf of everyone like a Dictator.

I think this is a misconception. What would the miners do without an userbase?

Any action by them which hurts the users would end up killing their own business.

(sorry If I fed a troll)
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 10:31:22 AM

I will qualify that only the first 2 quotes are MicroGuy, the rest are other various cheerleaders of centralization.

At first I thought MicroGuy was being sarcastic, but after reading his post history it appears he is serious.

Thanks for making this video. It's not that I'm against decentralization. I just don't think a decentralized digital currency has been invented. Anyone that thinks Bitcoin is decentralized doesn't understand the client distribution process or the Alert Key system.
TruthBear (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:55:07 AM

I will qualify that only the first 2 quotes are MicroGuy, the rest are other various cheerleaders of centralization.

Thanks for making this video. It's not that I'm against decentralization. I just don't think a decentralized digital currency has been invented. Anyone that thinks Bitcoin is decentralized doesn't understand the client distribution process or the Alert Key system.

Exactly. I laugh at these puppets who think bitcoin is the decentralized king (when there are ~4 main mining pools LOL).
TruthBear (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:56:24 AM

Bullshit, everyone can mine bitcoin, it just isn't profitable.. Just like it was nit profitable at the start of bitcoin as it was worth nothing back then..

Also, he is not forcing people, everybody can choose to run a node on the other wallet.

Key word: profitable. Who is going to lose money AND kill the environment? Most people are in BTC to make money...
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 06:18:21 AM

Hi mr noobie.  Its not an altcoin.  There will not be a new coin.  There will only be the same coins that we already have.  The change over will be more or less seamless and should not be a big deal for the average user.  I suggest you read here and here before spreading more of this nonsense.  And if you do post more of this fud, like I know you will, at least please do us all a favor and try to make it a little bit coherent.

not a noob, a troll. look at his posts...

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:03:53 AM

Exactly. I laugh at these puppets who think bitcoin is the decentralized king (when there are ~4 main mining pools LOL).

please show me how there are only 4 main pool, when the biggest one is 20% at max, and as long as there are not 1 mining farm(and not pool, big difference here) bitcoin can still be considered decentralized

i've already said this, but bitcoin isn't centralized in mining, but just no casual friendly anymore
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: