Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:47:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ===►Maidak scammed me 400$ BTC,this time is for sure===►  (Read 18749 times)
syuhide

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 09:43:41 AM

Ahh...its long since i am seeing this post but doesnot see any of the replies from him..i think he will never come back..

lesson: use escrow be safe.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 11:31:34 AM

Ahh...its long since i am seeing this post but doesnot see any of the replies from him..i think he will never come back..

lesson: use escrow be safe.

The problem is that he is a legendary member. And he has a lot of trust. Who will you use as escrow then? I mean when you anticipate that there will be problems then ok, but if you trust him because he has so much trust then it wouldnt matter much if you use a trusted escrow. Because the trusted escrow could run with the funds too then. Its all based on trust and he has good trust.

Im not sure what to think. I know he has quite some problems and i think his reputation on the forum is not the most important thing in his life now. Though i think when you experience hard times then you should not lose everything on the way. You need to keep on living later.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 03:25:17 PM

My guess is that something came up and he will pay you back. I really doubt he will scam, but no matter what he has tarnished his reputation. Maidak is too well known to just scam and make a run for it. I have his personal info and cell number so I can shoot him a text and help clear this up. I will let you know if he responds to me and what is going on.
shdvb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1606
Merit: 1001

Click the globe below to talk on live chat!

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 12:53:42 AM

My guess is that something came up and he will pay you back. I really doubt he will scam, but no matter what he has tarnished his reputation. Maidak is too well known to just scam and make a run for it. I have his personal info and cell number so I can shoot him a text and help clear this up. I will let you know if he responds to me and what is going on.

Hope you could help me get my money back then.

Buy/Sell/Exchange Bitcoins|LiveChat|Escrow| WeChat:btcotc2014/Telegram:@mingxingxu,Email:shdvb@hotmail.com.
dload.1
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1004

BTC

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 05:00:08 AM

i have had dealings with maidak also never any problems. i hope he will come back here and explain what has been going on.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:59:11 AM

it's strange, in his profile he did say that he don't conduct any trade on skype, so how come he used skype with you?

his password was also changed recently, there is a chance that his profile could be hacked?
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 02:13:39 PM

it's strange, in his profile he did say that he don't conduct any trade on skype, so how come he used skype with you?

his password was also changed recently, there is a chance that his profile could be hacked?

FWIW, if you had hacked his bitcointalk account in order to scam someone, wouldn't you change the profile message so that it didn't say "I don't trade on skype" if your plan was to trade on skype.  Of course, it might have been overlooked.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 11:50:31 PM

I just spoke with Maidak and I can not disclose his situation, but I do have some info. Maidak will be back on the 24th of this month (2 weeks) and pay OP back. 
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:52:16 PM

I just spoke with Maidak and I can not disclose his situation, but I do have some info. Maidak will be back on the 24th of this month (2 weeks) and pay OP back. 
Is he okay?
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 11:56:44 PM

That's good to hear. I'm glad this wasn't just some exit scam from a high repped member. Although it still sucks that OP has to wait to get his money back. Hopefully Maidak will be okay.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:00:17 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2015, 12:16:57 AM by xetsr

He explain why he took BTC from someone, disappear only to come back not having paid that person and take more BTC from someone else with terms of paying back in hours and disappear again? That's what I find suspicious about this whole thing. Nothing adds up: Take BTC from someone, disappear, take BTC from someone else and come up with excuse after excuse while 1 hour turns into weeks. Claimed to be in the hospital the first time according to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1077982.msg11536992#msg11536992 - Then was cashing out at the ATM and etc but couldn't payback the first guy?

Call him whatever you want (trusted, good guy, etc) but after seeing the above, how can you not be suspicious? How can anyone blame shdvb for being impatient after being told one hour, then nothing but excuses? Why start deals knowing you can't complete them in time instead of just taking out a loan?  Huh

Blazedout419 - With the info you can't disclose, was he being honest with shdvb and DjVoodo?
lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:27:47 AM

I seen some guys get scammed like thousands, so consider it wasnt compared to that..

but yeah $400 dollars is a large amount of money still, cause it could be half months of rent right there.. I mean we cant really do anything about the situation..

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 12:37:09 AM

He is alright...I will let him explain whatever details he wants. I was just trying to get OP an answer about when he gets what is owed.

Xestr - all I have is a few texts with little more info than I posted. I was asked just to pass on when he will be back to settle up his debts. If what I was told is the truth then I understand the delay. I agree though stuff like this is not good when trading.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 03:13:15 AM

Rehab?
That is exactly what I was thinking, however I didn't want to put his name through more direct then necessary, especially when it would be based off of speculation.
andresmm91

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 04:03:37 AM

I was also scammed $5000 by Maidak.

Here's my post with details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1086873

I've been waiting for him more than 6 months to pay me what he owes me. I'm really tired of his excuses and also no answering for weeks.

ALWAYS a different excuse, for more than 6 months. I've been REALLY patient, as I haven't said anything because of his reputation. But well, it seems he really scammed me.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 07:45:02 AM

He is alright...I will let him explain whatever details he wants. I was just trying to get OP an answer about when he gets what is owed.

Xestr - all I have is a few texts with little more info than I posted. I was asked just to pass on when he will be back to settle up his debts. If what I was told is the truth then I understand the delay. I agree though stuff like this is not good when trading.

If he told you the same he told me then still... it might be a huge personal problem but it really would be nothing that makes it impossible to take 5 minutes time and make a post in here. Or simply pay if he has the money. I mean even with a blocked bank account... sending someone money should be possible. And it would not take much time... IF you have the money.

The $5000 accusation could match in the problems he described.

I know personal problems are a real problem but taking money from others then, maybe knowing that you cant pay back (instantly)? I dont think i would do that. Though on the other hand... its said people can be pushed so hard on the abyss that the own moral is tested hard.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
andresmm91

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:27:51 AM

If he told you the same he told me then still... it might be a huge personal problem but it really would be nothing that makes it impossible to take 5 minutes time and make a post in here. Or simply pay if he has the money. I mean even with a blocked bank account... sending someone money should be possible. And it would not take much time... IF you have the money.

The $5000 accusation could match in the problems he described.

I know personal problems are a real problem but taking money from others then, maybe knowing that you cant pay back (instantly)? I dont think i would do that. Though on the other hand... its said people can be pushed so hard on the abyss that the own moral is tested hard.

He also told me that he had his bank account blocked, although this was a really long time ago, and meanwhile I saw he was still exchanging money here. Then he told me it was his partner from China that was managing his account.

Then since March or April, he told me he got a new job, and that he would be paying me a little week per week, which I agreed. Of course he never did that. And every time I mentioned it, he said "I had a [insert_problem_here], I will be able to do it next week." Now it's been 3 more weeks with no answers, and we're in June. This all started in September 2014. I don't expect to see my money back really, but no one should believe his excuses. There's really no excuse for having $5000 from someone that long.
alesx.onfire

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

It's Not Enough

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 04:39:16 PM

what happened with maidak?

he is (or was) a nice guy.

RFDZ

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:49:04 PM

At least he did not say "Two weeks (TM)", so chances are you may get it at some point.  Grin
MUFC

Activity: 500
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 08:13:41 AM

If he told you the same he told me then still... it might be a huge personal problem but it really would be nothing that makes it impossible to take 5 minutes time and make a post in here.

And this is why to me it just seems like excuses excuses. If he can text you guys then he should be able to text or contact the people he borrowed money from but he's more than likely just stalling. Seen it time after time here with people claiming personal problems or giving excuses as to why they can't send the money when they've likely just gotten themselves into a financial predicament and then just taken advantage of their supposed trust and rep to either steal or get an interest free loan. The least you guys could do is tell maidak to update the people he has kept money from or tell them yourselves.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: