Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:47:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What kinds of exchanges do you think are trustworthy?  (Read 1316 times)
Beefcake

Activity: 279
Merit: 132

Beefcake!!!

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:11:03 PM

I think it depends on what you are looking for in an exchange.  Coinbase is good for beginners and easy to use.  Bitrex has a ton of altcoin options.  Kraken is new but looks solid, but also requires lots of ID use.  There are so many options.  I would suggest just looking at their website, you can find them through google.  Then when you find one that meets your needs search in this forums for their discussion threads.  Or use google to search the forum if the search feature here is still broken.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fdylstyx

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:15:52 PM

I joined Poloniex a week or so before they sprung the reg compliance demand with just a couple days notice to pack your bags and leave.

At a $2000 US cap a day I was quite comfortable giving my name and Country to comply. If I ever accumulate that kind of money, and I am making gains as I learn, I'll also move it to my offline wallet. There are no guarantees when it comes to playing the alt trading game.

Beats hell out of Monopoly ;-)

Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:18:56 PM

Here is an example of an exchange that is NOT trustworthy, just for reference.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1000505.msg11515905#msg11515905

Run by some guy called "Coldcoiner" from the Hastalk Paycoin forum, and has a couple of sock puppets here named TNTswap and Wunkbone. He constantly screws up and forgets which sock he is posting as.

Here are some red flags with TNTswap:

1. Located in India
2. Owner(s) refuse to identify themselves
3. Is aimed primarily at trading Paycoin and his new Paycoin clone "TNT", which he owns all of at this time.
4. The "exchange" consists of single wallet addresses that customers deposit coins into, and then send an Email explaining which deposits are theirs ( I am not making this up)
5. The address for depositing Paycoin is actually a Cryptsy address. He says this is because the Paycoin QT wallet does not function correctly. Again, I am not making this up.
6. The person running this is extremely mentally unstable and goes off on tyrades when people ask questions.

The list goes on, but I think you get the picture. There are about a dozen threads here filled with this guys lunatic ravings about TNT coin and TNTswap.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
ticoti

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:57:36 PM

BTC-e is the oldest and it has not given any kind problem to his users
I usually use it
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 05:10:49 PM

i guess only the top 5 exchanges, remove lakebtc(never tried it, it could be ok) and put localbitcoin instead

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695082.0

but then from these top five, only kraken and btc-e were never compromised ever once(on localbitcoin there was a bad story about a trusted member that has scam once, probably an hacked account)
Huobi-USD (OP)

Activity: 133

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 05:40:01 AM

i guess only the top 5 exchanges, remove lakebtc(never tried it, it could be ok) and put localbitcoin instead

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695082.0

but then from these top five, only kraken and btc-e were never compromised ever once(on localbitcoin there was a bad story about a trusted member that has scam once, probably an hacked account)

Thanks for sharing this thread. Though there is something about Huobi need to update, we are glad to see that Huobi is on the list. Wink BitYes is Huobi's BTC-USD platform and ranked as one of the TOP5 USD exchanges now. More info : www.bityes.com

Huobi Secure and Trustworthy!
AlgoSwan

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

ancap

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:15:53 AM

BTC-E is cool. It would be cooler if they find a way to accept paypal as a funding method!

Looking to buy a verified betfair account with escrow.
real789

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

If you can't understand my post please report it

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:26:33 AM

What kinds of exchanges do you think are trustworthy? Good reputation? Professional R&D team? Get BitLicence? If you value the security, such as AML/KYC verification, What extent of  KYC process can you accept? Tongue

Now on BitYes(Huobi-USD): Lucky draw to win BTC! 100% chance to win!Cheesy
Learn more:
https://www.bityes.com/topic/lucky_draw?utm_source=bitcointalk&utm_medium=forum&utm_term=overseas&utm_content=funtopic&utm_campaign=trustworthyexchange&activity_id=344

are you have plan to add new coin ?
like stellar XMR BTS ?

more market more volume  and more profit

===Sempak===
Huobi-USD (OP)

Activity: 133

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 06:31:23 AM

What kinds of exchanges do you think are trustworthy? Good reputation? Professional R&D team? Get BitLicence? If you value the security, such as AML/KYC verification, What extent of  KYC process can you accept? Tongue

Now on BitYes(Huobi-USD): Lucky draw to win BTC! 100% chance to win!Cheesy
Learn more:
https://www.bityes.com/topic/lucky_draw?utm_source=bitcointalk&utm_medium=forum&utm_term=overseas&utm_content=funtopic&utm_campaign=trustworthyexchange&activity_id=344

are you have plan to add new coin ?
like stellar XMR BTS ?

more market more volume  and more profit

Not for now. Now we have bitcoin and litecoin.  Smiley

Huobi Secure and Trustworthy!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: