Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:01:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: API for bitcointalk.org?  (Read 644 times)
Amitabh S (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 01:37:48 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2015, 02:19:44 PM by Amitabh S

For people looking to make signature and avatar bots, and possibly lots of other cool tools and markets in the future, is there an API available for the forums?
Or do we have to scrape the HTML?

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 01:46:21 PM

No API available.

qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:10:46 PM

There's an unofficial API:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=154131.0
I guess it's rather outdated now.
There's also the RSS feed:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml

There are some peculiarities with bitcointalk, like e.g. "fake postings" at the beginning of threads etc. that make scraping a little harder.
In short, there's no easy, comfortable plug-and-play way to simply use bitcointalk as a source, but it's not that difficult either.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:13:02 PM

For people looking to make signature and avatar bots, and possibly lots of other cool tools and markets in the future, is there an API available for the forums?
Or do we have to scrape the HTML?
If you want to automate bitcointalk tasks you need to programm a bot.
Read the html page and parse the message.
I hope in bitxointalk 2.0 some basic task will be available via API.

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: