Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:55:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you believe a show like Project Crypto Boost is viable?
Yes
No

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Crypto Boost  (Read 838 times)
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 07:24:34 PM

Inspired by the following post and since cryptoboost.com was already taken (though for sale), I've tentatively rebranded the idea as Project Crypto Boost (open for discussion) and procured projectcryptoboost.com for some sort of protection for the idea.

Sure I'm full of ideas...

How about the Bitcoin Shark Tank?

What you do is get 5 Bitcoin investors together to listen to people pitch their ideas. Then those that come begging for Bitcoin will have to explain their idea, show how much they earned so far, and what their projections are for the next year. Then the Bitcoin Sharks will either make an offer or kick them out. Funny thing tho... All those that came begging for money on the 'real' Shark Tank with just an 'idea' got kicked out pretty quickly.

P.S. I want 5% royalties in perpetuity for this 'idea'...  

Thus, there should be a recorded five-member panel in place just to listen to the ideas. Only those ideas deemed viable by ALL five members are allowed to advance to the next round.

The next round consist of pitching the ideas to a recorded five-member panel made up of cryptocurrency expects(?) in various aspects of said space. A simple majority vote advances the idea to the VC round recorded (or live) in front of a studio audience. (I have an idea as to how the studio audience could play a vital role in the selection process of some ideas: A VC is on the fence and request a vote from the audience. This option is available only once by a single VC, thus blocking other VC from using this option for any one idea, and not allowed to use it again during a 5-idea-pitching session.)

Incorporate the ability for viewers to fund contestants, and we just may have the makings of a successful show.

Those that don't make the first cut win a pair of alpaca socks for participating.

Those that don't make the second cut win a coupon for a free pizza from (pizza sponsor).

Those that don't make the final cut win (?, having [much] more worth than a free pizza) and are allowed to re-pitch to the second round panel, but MUST achieve 100% approval before pitching anew to the VC.

The VC panel could easily represent big-named investors that don't necessarily need to be present, but represented by a trusted partner/employee of theirs. Surely, the likes of Tim Draper don't have time to allocate to such a show, albeit, in this example, son Adam would suffice.

Having "Boost" in the show's title could get Tim/Adam excited enough to back the project. Sans putting much thought into its naming, Crypto Boost first comes to mind.

The following is provided for inspiration as to what a good name for this show could be: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark_Tank#See_also

Beyond the Tank (spinoff)
American Inventor
The Big Idea
Fortune: Million Pound Giveaway
Win In China
The Profit
Redemption Inc.
Dragons' Den
Shark Tank (Australian TV series)

I would love to be on the panel for the first [idea] round.

Inspired by the following post and since cryptoboost.com was already taken (though for sale), I've tentatively rebranded the idea as Project Crypto Boost (open for discussion) and procured projectcryptoboost.com for some sort of protection on the idea.

P.S. I want 5% royalties in perpetuity for this 'idea'...

BTC_Bear, would you settle for a paid position of the first round (unless you're qualified to be a member on one of the other two rounds, that is)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venture_capital#Roles

Venture partners are expected to source potential investment opportunities ("bring in deals") and typically are compensated only for those deals with which they are involved.

Brainstormin' to the nth degree, first round panel members (venture partners) would garner 1% each of the grand total funded, with the second round members garnering 3% each of same, thus equating to 20% doled out to ten panel members. Seems steep, but open for discussion, considering that if an entity requires $80K USD, they'd have to ask for $100K USD so that the initial 10 panel members are paid accordingly.

Another thought just came to mind prior to posting this. Somehow we can incorporate an Angel Investment round somewhere between the other rounds of which no moneys are awarded to panel members if such funding is successful. We would only get paid if they return with a polished idea and advance accordingly to obtain VC funding.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 07:25:08 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2015, 08:58:48 PM by Gleb Gamow

Can you envision, as do I, the five-member panel of the final VC round of the first (and possibly subsequent) show made up of the following?

• Roger Ver
  • Adam Draper (and/or Tim Draper)
  • Brock Pierce
  • Winklevoss Twins (both, with both needing to be in agreement)
  • Alyse Killeen

Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 07:55:01 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2015, 08:17:06 PM by Gleb Gamow

My vision for the second round five-member panel of cryptocurrency experts:

Lisa Cheng

Vitalik Buterin

Stephanie Murphy

Shaun Wilkinson

Andreas Antonopoulos
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 08:08:25 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2015, 08:39:36 PM by Gleb Gamow

My vision for the five-member panel of the first round, myself being one of them:

Austin and Beccy Craig (both must agree, but if split, an idea can advance on 4.5 yeas but not with 4)

Dmitry Murashchik

MadBitcoins

Alakanani Itireleng
JusticeForYou
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 10:52:03 PM

Since you seem to take it seriously. I will take 1% of the royalties in perpetuity. Sourced from the income from the percentages of those that acquire the stakes in the companies. This is done on a digital handshake. (Lemonis get that credit).

However, I will reduce the 1% by 0.01% for every million in revenue to an absolute minimum of 0.1%. I'm not greedy.

I would also like an option to offer to fund a company that I think has potential in competition with the other last round sharks. Think of it as a Mystery Shark or the Loch ness Monster offer. I'll be in direct competition with the other sharks and can be out offered. If my offer is accepted by the entrepreneur, my 1%-0.1% of that particular deal will goto a charity.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 11:19:52 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2015, 12:33:05 AM by Gleb Gamow

Since you seem to take it seriously. I will take 1% of the royalties in perpetuity. Sourced from the income from the percentages of those that acquire the stakes in the companies. This is done on a digital handshake. (Lemonis get that credit).

However, I will reduce the 1% by 0.01% for every million in revenue to an absolute minimum of 0.1%. I'm not greedy.

I would also like an option to offer to fund a company that I think has potential in competition with the other last round sharks. Think of it as a Mystery Shark or the Loch ness Monster offer. I'll be in direct competition with the other sharks and can be out offered. If my offer is accepted by the entrepreneur, my 1%-0.1% of that particular deal will goto a charity.

A Mystery Shark akin to the Mystery Banker in Deal or No Deal, ah? I McLikin' that!

Well, since I now know who you are (that took almost 5 minutes of my life to uncover), I'd say your share request is probably fair.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 12:53:05 AM

In lieu of one static venue for the tapings/live shows, Project Crypto Boost could take place on location at the various Bitcoin conferences throughout the year.

Since Crypto Boost's .com counterpart wasn't available, I also register kryptoboost.com in case Krypto Boost is a more fitting name.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:26:32 AM

Boost!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: