Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:09:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen to Bitcoin year after 2140 ?  (Read 3477 times)
ragi

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 08:07:20 AM

It wouldn't be called Bitcoin anymore. Maybe something build on top of bitcoin?

no.
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 09:05:14 AM

Why look that far, why not just try to make an effort to make it last till 2040 at least. The way some of the users are behaving, bitcoin community won't last till 2040, let alone 2140.

RappelzReborn

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 02:00:58 PM

I don't like to think that much on what will happen on that year because no one of us will be alive by then so who cares really ...
Also Bitcoin will surely not stays that long , Government will screw it over with some new shit simillar to it but not decentralized so can see everything you do just like Paypal & Credit cards etc ... and voilà it's like Satoshi did nothing sadly  Cry

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 02:12:47 PM

It means the miners are paid pure by transaction fees, so there will still be rewards and still be miners.
i think that there will be a few Miners (possibly no miners) cause the reward per block is small
That is pure speculation, by the time this happens the blocks will be halved and halved and the rewards from fees won't be too much of a change. The idea is that Bitcoin will be worth much more then and if it isn't difficulty should adjust to keep someone interested.

Actually, Satoshi predicted that we will reach an equilibrium stage where there will be only a few miners left.
I think that by the time it reaches that phase it will be very profitable for those who are left.
I also think that by the time we get to that phase Bitcoin will have been more widely adopted.
The ones who have the hashing power and can handle the running costs will be benefiting from the transaction fees.

Think of VISA, AMEX and MasterCard.
They are handling millions/billions of transacions per day.

If someone is one of the few handling the Bitcoin transactions then they will be making a shit load of money.
Beefcake

Activity: 279
Merit: 132

Beefcake!!!

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 02:13:46 PM

I think bitcoins will be worth $1,000,000,000 each but it wont matter.  Because of inflation that will be the cost of a candy bar.  There will be no more jobs because the robots will do everything for us.  Everyone will be either a professional pan handler or work for a big wall street firm moving money around in circles to somehow generate a profit.  The streets will look like Blade Runner without the replicants (because that is what the future SHOULD look like).
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 02:15:57 PM

I think bitcoins will be worth $1,000,000,000 each but it wont matter.  Because of inflation that will be the cost of a candy bar.  There will be no more jobs because the robots will do everything for us.  Everyone will be either a professional pan handler or work for a big wall street firm moving money around in circles to somehow generate a profit.  The streets will look like Blade Runner without the replicants (because that is what the future SHOULD look like).

You should read this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=180798.0

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 02:38:40 PM

Anyone holding 1 BTC will be a billonaire by then, since by that time BTC will be the undisputed earth's standard unit of value, and not only earth, but whatever planets we've colonized too. The blockchain will be able to propagate in other planets as one.
We'll be all dead by then tho, so whatever. At least I hope we can retire early.
AlgoSwan

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

ancap

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:26:16 PM

The ones who have the hashing power and can handle the running costs will be benefiting from the transaction fees.
I have a prediction to this analysis: The ones will be electrical/electronics engineers specialized in alternative energy technologies including micro-nuclear research.

Looking to buy a verified betfair account with escrow.
Error404

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:33:39 PM

Why? Are you planning on living 150 years?
Bitcoin will continue and no one can stop it beacuse many people use bitcoin for many purposes and it can be a way to donate some charity or enviromental movement to help people or the mother earth but the one reason is it helps people to make a good life
TYT

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:43:29 PM

This is what I was going to say. Why would anyone care seeing as we'll all be dead.

Bitcoin will continue and no one can stop it beacuse many people use bitcoin for many purposes and it can be a way to donate some charity or enviromental movement to help people or the mother earth but the one reason is it helps people to make a good life

Bitcoin could have been and gone in this timeframe. Something much better may also take over so bitcoin is far from safe or indestructible.
Error404

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:13:07 AM

This is what I was going to say. Why would anyone care seeing as we'll all be dead.

Bitcoin could have been and gone in this timeframe. Something much better may also take over so bitcoin is far from safe or indestructible.
Yes , there is a possible some people are have a bad intension to steal money or hack it to make a money faster than replying other post but bitcoin can upgrade security and make bitcoin user safety's improve
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:38:10 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 08:03:02 AM by Amph

as long as its technology will be alive i don't see the problem in anything or in a better bitcoin, remember that no more bitcoin doesn't necessary mean that there will be no others option in the cryptoworld(so if bitcoin will die, than another "bitcoin will rise"), in the end you can't kill crypto anymore
Error404

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:43:05 AM

as long as its technology will be alive i don't see the problem in anything a better bitcoin, remember that no more bitcoin doesn't necessary mean that there will be no others option in the cryptoworld(so if bitcoin will die, than another "bitcoin will rise", in the end you can't kill crypto anymore
The one main problem is Hackers because they can hack some accounts that having a bitcoins but im sure that bitcoin hires best security experts for secure the accounts
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:06:27 AM

I wonder what would happen to Bitcoin after the year 2140, while mining will end and the last block will be mined.
Are there will not remain Bitcoin ? Is the transaction will be possible ? or what ?
At least i will be dead  Undecided Undecided !!!!

I think in 2140 the double SHA-256 hashing is not so strong anymore because of incremental computer power, one of the core hashing algorithms in bitcoin. Other hashing algorithms such as MD4 and MD5 (created in 1991) are weak now. Satoshi said something like "It will work for some time"  and I think he meant a few decades.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 11:17:52 AM

I wonder what would happen to Bitcoin after the year 2140, while mining will end and the last block will be mined.
Are there will not remain Bitcoin ? Is the transaction will be possible ? or what ?
At least i will be dead  Undecided Undecided !!!!
i don't know why you are thinking about 100 years in the future. bitcoin is a new technology and the first cryptocurrency that is being used vastly.
in 100 years later who knows what new technologies have been replaced bitcoin completely or maybe added new features to bitcoin.
also mining will never end as long as bitcoin is being used. since mining means confirming the transaction and the reward will be the fees that are included by the tx.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
GhanaGamboy

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

Dadice Fixed Rate.

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 11:25:22 AM

Anyone holding 1 BTC will be a billonaire by then, since by that time BTC will be the undisputed earth's standard unit of value, and not only earth, but whatever planets we've colonized too. The blockchain will be able to propagate in other planets as one.
We'll be all dead by then tho, so whatever. At least I hope we can retire early.

Oh really 1 billion for a btc  Grin Then you woke up mate, come on. BItcoin will never be allowed to be the 'undisputed standard unit of value' there will be a world government by then, do you think they are creating that because they want to give people freedoms as bitcoin does.

I really don't think it matters about bitcoin in 2140 as I think there will be something else digital credits which people will be forced to use.

Miners will be paid by fee's of course if it is still around not that I care I am long gone.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 12:28:36 PM

if by 2140 skynet haven't yet destroyed humanity and taken over all bitcoin resources, then miner would still continue mining bitcoin and what they earn from this is only the amount of fee which in included in each transaction.

Only Bitcoin
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 12:59:27 PM

Oh really 1 billion for a btc  Grin Then you woke up mate, come on. BItcoin will never be allowed to be the 'undisputed standard unit of value' there will be a world government by then, do you think they are creating that because they want to give people freedoms as bitcoin does.

I really don't think it matters about bitcoin in 2140 as I think there will be something else digital credits which people will be forced to use.

Miners will be paid by fee's of course if it is still around not that I care I am long gone.

Why not? It could replace gold as the standard, so things get valued in regards to Bitcoin instead of Gold, which is a pretty deprecated asset besides the bast network effect.
But yeah in a pretty scary scenareo, the government could ban all Bitcoin transactions and push their own closed source e-cash, which would mean Bitcoin returns to its rots of an underground economy.
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 1506

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 02:02:23 PM

I am curious why you chosen 2140  Grin I don't know exactly what will happen, but IMO bitcoin will be a currency that be recognized by government. You will hear about bitcoin corruption, bitcoin bank, or the special cyber crime police to catch bitcoin hacker.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:32:11 PM

I am curious why you chosen 2140  Grin I don't know exactly what will happen, but IMO bitcoin will be a currency that be recognized by government. You will hear about bitcoin corruption, bitcoin bank, or the special cyber crime police to catch bitcoin hacker.

Well we need regulations one way or another specially for smart contracts, because right now it's pretty useless that you sign a smart contract in the blockchain that says you X property, unless it's officially recognized by the state so they can send police in case someone claims is not yours and steps on your property.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: