Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:30:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Forum signatures really useful ?  (Read 2459 times)
qory

Activity: 1722
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 08:13:49 AM

I will agree with sig campaign if every campaign manager review all the participant's post, they will be accepted if their posts are constructive . I do not agree with bitmixer and coinomat, so far, I see 23 members of Indonesian board who wearing their signature and almost all of them gave nothing but BS and spam post.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 11:22:05 PM

I will agree with sig campaign if every campaign manager review all the participant's post, they will be accepted if their posts are constructive . I do not agree with bitmixer and coinomat, so far, I see 23 members of Indonesian board who wearing their signature and almost all of them gave nothing but BS and spam post.

I think this is an interesting angle that is often un explored - why not help the signature sponsors hold their participants more accountable?

I can't imagine that signature sponsors really want the forums to be full of useless posts that they pay for.  If the problem is mostly the useless posts, though I agree it is surprising that the forum allows its users to compete with it, then maybe they are a more useful avenue to pursue? 

Is there some kind of enhanced reporting that could be turned on?  Like a special moderator category, sig sponsors get it and signature participants have to enable it.  In addition to a report button there is a report to sig sponsor button?

I realize it is just easier to ban sigs, and am encouraged by bad bear's statements that improvements are in the works.  But I think when done responsibly signature campaigns can allow people to get a little btc to play around with, especially now that mining and faucets are not a realistic way for new users to get started.
tarsua

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 01:22:24 AM

I think this is an interesting angle that is often un explored - why not help the signature sponsors hold their participants more accountable?

I can't imagine that signature sponsors really want the forums to be full of useless posts that they pay for.  If the problem is mostly the useless posts, though I agree it is surprising that the forum allows its users to compete with it, then maybe they are a more useful avenue to pursue? 

The forum allows normal users to live with it and sig campaign managers turn a blind eye, i often report users with insubstantial posts to the yobit campaign manager but it seems he only listens to admins when it comes to taking people out of his campaign, lets hope the new forum has a solution to all of this
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 11:48:50 PM

Of course signatures are useful.  I've seen several that contain useful information or just promote a person's own projects or whatever.  But they do have to be read, and if people are more inclined to just hide everybody's signatures - or read completely past them - in part due to the many signature campaigns, then that does defeat the point of having a signature.

Case in point, your own post:
As far as I know, there is a software here created by a mod to lessen out the visual quality of annoying signature ads.

That would be the software mentioned in BadBear's signature - "Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures" - 10 posts above yours.
https://i.imgur.com/eqyCpUH.png
And yes, that's a lot of "(ad space removed)" placeholders in this thread, thanks to (a modified version of) that very Grease/Tampermonkey script.  Can definitely recommend it.

Perhaps you've just desensitized yourself to signatures, missing that bit in BadBear's sig entirely.  That would be one unfortunate piece of collateral damage of signature campaigns.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: