Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:35:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mandela Effect  (Read 16161 times)
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 01:56:18 PM

OK, I found another change. I just went to watch a movie from the late 90's or early 00's and it no longer exists.  Undecided The movie was called "Paradox" and it was a time travel Sci-Fi movie.

In this movie time travelers would travel back to the present and steal an entire passenger aircraft. The deal was the planes they would take were all about to crash. They would switch the plane with another plane full of lifeless dummies and take the real plane back to the future. In this future everybody had become sterile and they needed the non-sterile passengers to try and save humanity. There was an issue however, every time they went back in time they would create a "paradox" in the future resulting in earthquakes, storms and severe electrical activity. The severity of the paradox created would depend on the magnitude of the changes created by their travels. This is why they would only take planes that were about crash as everybody on board was about to die and taking them and leaving behind lifeless dummies wouldn't change anything.

One thing I remember that stood out was since everybody in the future was sterile and didn't seem to care much about their health they all smoked cigarettes. When they finished smoking they would flick their butt and a high powered laser would vaporize it as it flew away. I smoked myself at the time and found this amusing.

I've searched IMDB, Google and lists of time travel movies to no avail. I can't find a single trace of this movie.

Well I think I've seen this movie, but it's a different time and name. Wink

Is it this movie?

IMDB: Millennium (1989)

Movie on YouTube: Millennium 1989

Wiki Millennium (film)

"....Time travelers are, in fact, visiting the present day and stealing passengers from doomed aircraft. In the future, because of pollution, the human population is no longer able to reproduce, so teams are sent in to the past to abduct groups of people who are about to die and keep them in stasis until they will be sent into the far future to repopulate the Earth. Every incursion into the past causes an accompanying "timequake" whose magnitude is proportional to the effects of the incursion into the past. Each "timequake" causes physical damage in the time from which the incursion has been made. This is why they are abducting people who will not be able to affect the future any further and replacing them with copies of those who would have died. Thus, the co-pilot's strange comment came because all the passengers had been replaced with pre-burned duplicates in preparation for the upcoming crash...."
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 05:22:14 PM

OK, I found another change. I just went to watch a movie from the late 90's or early 00's and it no longer exists.  Undecided The movie was called "Paradox" and it was a time travel Sci-Fi movie.

In this movie time travelers would travel back to the present and steal an entire passenger aircraft. The deal was the planes they would take were all about to crash. They would switch the plane with another plane full of lifeless dummies and take the real plane back to the future. In this future everybody had become sterile and they needed the non-sterile passengers to try and save humanity. There was an issue however, every time they went back in time they would create a "paradox" in the future resulting in earthquakes, storms and severe electrical activity. The severity of the paradox created would depend on the magnitude of the changes created by their travels. This is why they would only take planes that were about crash as everybody on board was about to die and taking them and leaving behind lifeless dummies wouldn't change anything.

One thing I remember that stood out was since everybody in the future was sterile and didn't seem to care much about their health they all smoked cigarettes. When they finished smoking they would flick their butt and a high powered laser would vaporize it as it flew away. I smoked myself at the time and found this amusing.

I've searched IMDB, Google and lists of time travel movies to no avail. I can't find a single trace of this movie.

Is it this movie?

Wiki Millennium (film)

"....Time travelers are, in fact, visiting the present day and stealing passengers from doomed aircraft. In the future, because of pollution, the human population is no longer able to reproduce, so teams are sent in to the past to abduct groups of people who are about to die and keep them in stasis until they will be sent into the far future to repopulate the Earth. Every incursion into the past causes an accompanying "timequake" whose magnitude is proportional to the effects of the incursion into the past. Each "timequake" causes physical damage in the time from which the incursion has been made. This is why they are abducting people who will not be able to affect the future any further and replacing them with copies of those who would have died. Thus, the co-pilot's strange comment came because all the passengers had been replaced with pre-burned duplicates in preparation for the upcoming crash...."

Well, it seems my memory is off on this one. That is in fact the movie I was looking for.  Grin

I wonder why it didn't make any of the lists of time travel movies? I looked up quite a few thinking that maybe my recollection of the title was off.
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 05:41:38 PM

Is it this movie?

Wiki Millennium (film)

Well, it seems my memory is off on this one. That is in fact the movie I was looking for.  Grin

I wonder why it didn't make any of the lists of time travel movies? I looked up quite a few thinking that maybe my recollection of the title was off.

It may not have made the list, because of it's age, and not being as popular as other time travel movies. We're getting to the point that a lot of people who make these lists are too young to have watched them, and just gather the most popular ones together.

Aren't you a little weirded out, I actually saw this movie and knew it? Wink
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 10:41:57 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2015, 07:02:09 PM by notbatman

"Luke, I am your father!"

WRONG

Go watch the movie again, they've tampered with the most dramatic and epic line in movie history.

edit:

The new line is "No, I am your father".
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 11:59:29 PM

OMG they just fucked Snow White!

"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?" is now "Magic mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?"
Yerm

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 03:05:46 AM

Its spelled Berenstein... wtf is going on?

omg thats what i thought but apprantely its not.i feel like everyone changed it just to mess with me
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 07:30:15 AM

Its spelled Berenstein... wtf is going on?

omg thats what i thought but apprantely its not.i feel like everyone changed it just to mess with me

It's not just you, a good 75% of us remember a lot of events differently. The new version of events are also a lot lamer and just seem incorrect or wrong.

The scene from RotJ is considerably less dramatic, even Vader's tone of voice has been subdued in addition to the change in script. Breathing sound effects missing now in that scene too, 100% less epic. Sad
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 07:39:32 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2015, 08:15:38 PM by notbatman

In Jaws (1975) it use to be "we're going to need a bigger boat" now it's "you're going to need a bigger boat".

Image Source: Back to the Future Part II (1989)
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 07:42:39 AM

The Star Wars change is very recent too, like within the last month or so.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:35:40 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2015, 01:49:19 PM by notbatman

I can't help but wonder if they're using CERN to do this. Although I can't even come up with a theory on how this might be technically possible.

In the book 1984 Orwell claims that history exists only in the mind and they they can manipulate it by manipulating the mind. I suspect that there's more to history than just memories however.

edit:

I've found some links that claim the CERN LHC is in fact a world wide mind control and manipulation device...

edit2:

I've come up with a hypothesis; that the high frequencies that CERN uses in the LHC are at wavelengths that can manipulate DNA, Methyl-Adenine in particular as it's theorized to be involved with long term memory.

edit3:

This hypothesis in not a good one, I'm really scratching my head on how they're doing this. If anybody has a plausible explanation I'm all ears.
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 02:12:08 PM

In Jaws it use to be "we're going to need a bigger boat" now it's "you're going to need a bigger boat".

I think I always knew the Star Wars one. But the Jaws line is crazy.

Also, "Life is like a box of chocolates..." is not true. Life is now a past tense, "Life was like a box of chocolates"... hmmm...
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:41:00 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2015, 07:02:26 PM by notbatman

In Jaws it use to be "we're going to need a bigger boat" now it's "you're going to need a bigger boat".

I think I always knew the Star Wars one. But the Jaws line is crazy.

Also, "Life is like a box of chocolates..." is not true. Life is now a past tense, "Life was like a box of chocolates"... hmmm...

Just to be clear "Luke, I am your father!" is the original line and "No, I am your father!" is the new line.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 10:23:07 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2015, 07:34:30 PM by notbatman

Mel Brooks is alive in this timeline (?) and he's making Spaceballs 2. Cheesy

edit:

Please tell me John Candy is still alive?

edit2:

*sigh*  Cry
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 02:50:03 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2015, 07:34:01 PM by notbatman

In Moonraker (1979) Dolly had braces, now they're gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj1lTyy-HxE
Jaws falls in love (James Bond movie)

Source: http://www.universalexports.net/Movies/moonraker-cast.shtml

Source: http://ca.complex.com/pop-culture/2012/10/the-complete-history-of-bond-girls/dolly

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20050124211148/http://shatterhand007.com/QuestionRoom/ChristopherWood/ChristopherWoodInterview.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_R._Broccoli
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_G._Wilson
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Kiel
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blanche_Ravalec
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Wood_%28writer%29
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 07:48:28 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2015, 08:24:21 PM by notbatman

Moonraker is the best Mandela Effect to-date IMO.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 08:17:52 PM

"Chic-fil-A" is now "Chick-fil-A".

Source: /r/MandelaEffect

This is the only Mandela Effect I've seen so far that's less gay than the original.

The Iron Sheik
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 04:17:01 PM

My bologna has a second name, it's M-Æ-Y-E-R. 

Source: http://www.inquisitr.com/2517017/mystery-meat-in-hot-dogs-could-be-human-flesh-report-reveals-all/
UliJonHoth

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 05:03:07 PM

edit:

edit2:

*sigh*  Cry

Mel Brooks is still alive?! The Moonraker and RotJ examples are quite bizarre as I know for a fact Dolly had braces in the original and that iconic line by Vader...
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:42:57 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2015, 04:03:39 PM by notbatman

edit:

edit2:

*sigh*  Cry

Mel Brooks is still alive?! The Moonraker and RotJ examples are quite bizarre as I know for a fact Dolly had braces in the original and that iconic line by Vader...

Just watched Spaceballs, there's a few missing scenes and the acting isn't quite as good as the original; It's like a rough cut of the movie.

1. In the scene where the president gets called on the televiewer in bed originally ended with the chick making a smart comment.
2. The whole "It's a giant..." scene that switches through various characters to complete a sentence is gone completely.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 02:33:34 PM

Curious George is now a chimp.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: