Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:58:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about Islam ?  (Read 1033 times)
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 11:52:50 PM

I am neutral on existence of God.

On Islam - there is no universal tradition, just set of rules, that are followed to higher or lesser degree around the world. On one end, you have salafists (Saudis, ISIS, Taliban and euro-wahabbis), who want to go "back to roots" (or back to caves) and live word by word according to rulebook from 7th century written by desert nomad. On the other, there are quite modern, powerful countries like Turkey or even Russia, where Islam developed in another more modernist form.

I dont feel hatred towards it or its believers - ardent believers are simply way too backwards to be a direct threat to current order. Rather I am afraid of westerners, who use it as yet another tool to shut down dissent - via political correctness. In this way, hapless muslim immigrants prove to be quite useful...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:07:22 AM

Islam extremism had largely been kept in line by secular dictators in most of the current problem areas yet the US broke down the door, ransacked the countries, shipped more arms to weak armies and allowed the extremists to flourish. This in turn, allows a new generation of terrorists to have land and weapons to rejuvenate, conquer and spread which will create further destabilization towards another end in the region or just the PR of the new folks on the block running roughshod and plastering it all over the media to gear up a war sick people into doing it all over again. And Congress does nothing to reign in the intelligence agencies that fester up the tension yet they do continue to ship arms under and above the table which creates a cyclical profit opportunity for the military industrial complex that is conflated w/ national defense.
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:42:16 AM

Ramsay,

while your post reeks of conspiracy theories... happening of the last 15 years give you alot of credence, much more so, than I would like. The fact is, that both muslims and non-muslims are but chess pieces in much larger game.
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 02:54:58 AM

Okey what you really think about this religion , I see a lot of threads of haters and people linking only to what a bunch of criminals do with the name of the Islam while it's not what Islam actually is .

Most likely Muslims here will defend Islam and Christians and Jewish may or may not defend it and for Atheist they probably hate every religion out there , so I'd like to hear from you and let's see your opinions (without hurting and insulting the Prophet PBUH) . Note that I'am a muslim (don't think it matters tho)

I only think of it as another religion wherein some people use it for their advantage to have power.. just pure politics all in all..
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: