Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:27:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you read The Bitcoin Sun?
Yes, I read it every week - 11 (36.7%)
Yes but very quickly, not deeply - 6 (20%)
I might have downloaded one of the PDF - 3 (10%)
No, I'm not interested - 1 (3.3%)
No, I don't like reading PDF - 2 (6.7%)
What is The Bitcoin Sun? - 7 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What to expect from The Bitcoin Sun?  (Read 1725 times)
ploum (OP)

Activity: 428
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2011, 08:32:38 AM

Hi people,

We have launche the third edition of The Bitcoin Sun together with our website: http://thebitcoinsun.com/
We are quite proud of the work involved but, now that we have some foundations, we have to think about the future and how to evolve.

As such, we would be really interested by knowing what you would expect from The Bitcoin Sun? Not only in the PDF edition but also on the website. What would convince you to subscribe to the RSS or the future announcement list?

We are listenning for all the suggestions. We are full of enthousiasm and want to share it with the community :-)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stakhanov

Activity: 175
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 08:49:55 AM

If I can make a suggestion, I think you should sell it for a nominal fees, say 50 millies.

It would make people value your work more and read it more in-depth. Plus, bitcoin is actually great for that! If you don't have the time to create a checkout system, you can always use bitcoinservice, which is easy and efficient.
joan

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 09:22:11 AM

If I can make a suggestion, I think you should sell it for a nominal fees, say 50 millies.
Not so good for reaching out to people that are not yet in the Bitcoin economy.
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 09:33:40 AM

yeah, I'm willing to let you to use http://bitcoinservice.co.uk/ free of commission, (I'll pay you back the fees), if you let me have an advert in the sun.

One off NP-Hard.
ploum (OP)

Activity: 428
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2011, 10:19:54 AM

Not so good for reaching out to people that are not yet in the Bitcoin economy.

What we could do is make the PDF costs 50 millies and publish articles on the website, altough a bit later in the week.

What do you think?

da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 04:31:50 PM

That option sounds good... allow people to pay for The Sun at a nominal price first, then provide the articles for free on the website later...  Shocked  ooh you could get a IPad and Galaxy Tab APP!

One off NP-Hard.
TheBitcoinSun

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2011, 04:59:15 PM

@ da2ce7, a IPad and Galaxy Tab app would be great!  Any developers out there that can make a simple and effective app to view our PDF's with?  How much development cost would it take?

Question:  What would 0.05BTC per edition be like? Would that be too expensive?

Edit:  everyone will still be able to read the content on our website: thebitcoinsun.com in full.

ps. We are also going to be doing a special promotion for our next edition! Keep your eye's out! Will announce soon.
TheBitcoinSun

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2011, 05:05:20 PM

Overall, we (The Bitcoin Sun Team), are very interested to know what the members of the bitcoin community would most like from our publication.

While we have been focused on providing the highest quality news, without real feedback it is extremely hard to judge if we are heading in the right direction or not.  Grin
cindylove

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 06:00:16 PM

@ da2ce7, a IPad and Galaxy Tab app would be great!  Any developers out there that can make a simple and effective app to view our PDF's with?  How much development cost would it take?

Question:  What would 0.05BTC per edition be like? Would that be too expensive?

Edit:  everyone will still be able to read the content on our website: thebitcoinsun.com in full.

ps. We are also going to be doing a special promotion for our next edition! Keep your eye's out! Will announce soon.

I think 0.02BTC is better. Someone new to BTC can just get 2 bitcents from the faucet and buy your pdf. Do donate to the faucet though. It's at zero right now.

Also as you get bigger you might want to look at some of the debates that have happened on this forum and maybe ask some of the more eloquent folk to write some articles for you. There is lots out there on inflation vs deflation, cryptography, politics, philosophy etc

Already sounds like an awesome news paper I'd buy Cheesy
Astrohacker

Activity: 156
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2011, 06:13:34 PM

I don't expect anything, but I'd just like to say the Bitcoin Sun is excellent!
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 06:43:39 PM

Heh, I'm late to the thread! Sorry Tongue

I'm the development editor, and currently primary writer (though I'm looking to change that, click here for details on writing articles for me)

I agree with the .02 btc fee, and

I think 0.02BTC is better. Someone new to BTC can just get 2 bitcents from the faucet and buy your pdf. Do donate to the faucet though. It's at zero right now.

Also as you get bigger you might want to look at some of the debates that have happened on this forum and maybe ask some of the more eloquent folk to write some articles for you. There is lots out there on inflation vs deflation, cryptography, politics, philosophy etc

Already sounds like an awesome news paper I'd buy Cheesy

I'll be looking into some of the debates in the development of bitcoin for the next issue, I believe. Watch out for our fourth edition Wink

-Garrett
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: