Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:37:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICminer & FriedCat - what to do  (Read 1976 times)
gogxmagog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:53:58 AM

I lost a chunk of change in the form of my shares of asicminer going bust. I realize I will probably never see a satoshi from these assholes, but I still feel that they should be punished. What could a north american do to bring retribution on these chinese nationals? does anyone have any leads on where I can make a formal legal complaint? I do not speak chinese, but i would love to let the chinese authorities know about their corrupt citizen and let them exact revenge for me.

any realistic and low cost solutions appreciated, I will follow up on any realistic suggestions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:18:22 AM

was this a case of fraud like BFL or did they simply go bankrupt?

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
gogxmagog (OP)
Legendary

Ad maiora!

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:41:18 PM

they failed with their last gen of asic chip, but instead of owning up and dissolving the company, the principal (Fried Cat AKA Xinyu Jiang AKA Della Lu) simply disappeared with ~80K of company btc. embezzlement is what you'd call it technically.

there's zero hope of getting a satoshi back, I'd just like to see Fried Cat get punished. I do not speak chinese and have no idea how to navigate the chinese legal system... I'm guessing I would talk to the embassy? If no one speaks up, which I assume is happening due to silence on the threads, these guys walk scott free. I want to turn up the heat any way I can.
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:44:11 PM

they failed with their last gen of asic chip, but instead of owning up and dissolving the company, the principal (Fried Cat AKA Xinyu Jiang AKA Della Lu) simply disappeared with ~80K of company btc. embezzlement is what you'd call it technically.

there's zero hope of getting a satoshi back, I'd just like to see Fried Cat get punished. I do not speak chinese and have no idea how to navigate the chinese legal system... I'm guessing I would talk to the embassy? If no one speaks up, which I assume is happening due to silence on the threads, these guys walk scott free. I want to turn up the heat any way I can.

friedcat works as a slave for an evil mining corp in a dark basement now, so basically there's nothing you can do.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 11:47:54 AM

I dont let the scams lie around too. I opened the thread to find trendon shavers (pirateat40), iam running behind scams or bad things like labcoin, activemining, weexchange and others. Sometimes i grouped with others to get results. Using private investigators, lawyers or even (legal) hackers. And the result is that i know more than practically everyone, sometimes good chances to get much of it back, sometimes things are in progress.

My first priority is to get my funds back if i lost something. If thats not possible i want the culprit sit in jail.

So when you ask me on this case... build a group, use a private irc chat, maybe a forum, collect data, collect coins for a private investigator and so on.

You see, in the last time many scammers were found too, often in china, but bitcoin is not the safe haven for scammers anymore. There is a serious risk involved.

I suggest not to give in to hate, naming or other stupid behaviour. Remain level headed, you want your coins back, and see it as a business decision you do. You will have WAY more success if youre friendly and really want to know whats going on instead falling in childish behaviour.

Its hard for me to imagine that friedcat could vanish without traces really. He is no pro. Of course thats only the case if he left on his own, that he did not "get" left.

Of course it might mean that you need to "throw good money after bad money". I never understood that behaviour i found first with pirateat40 victims. You need to be different then.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
MarbleBoss

Activity: 169
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 10:06:15 PM

any realistic and low cost solutions appreciated, I will follow up on any realistic suggestions.

This might help - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=976421.msg10701511#msg10701511
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 01:18:12 AM

This might help - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=976421.msg10701511#msg10701511

No, it won't. Guy 'knows' FC the same as any of us who have worked with him, or other principles that have met him.

Your best bet is to wait for him to surface naturally and wait for an appropriate moment. Make a basic report to your country's police (or FBI for international?) to get something timestamped and then wait. Check your statute of limitations and conditions under which it is and isn't active. Then wait.

RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 09:47:31 AM

Has anybody an idea which bank accounts were used by Friedcat? His personal one, the ones of friends, relatives?

And as far as I know, he always exchanged his coins into fiat. Has anybody and information which exchange he used?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:37:51 PM

Has anybody an idea which bank accounts were used by Friedcat? His personal one, the ones of friends, relatives?

And as far as I know, he always exchanged his coins into fiat. Has anybody and information which exchange he used?

I believe it's highly unlikely that friedcat gave his business partner an exchange deposit address, to which he does not hold the private key and which could change at any time (exchanges get hacked, go offline etc). It is of course possible but seeing that this address received automated payouts for multiple months it is just extremely unlikely. It's not like the received transactions were only pocket change:

https://blockchain.info/tx/8b06f02c7ed75f511a40c4b32949eb3f23e6c638967315fe863532638eb8b131
There's an interesting website out there that automatically does the grouping addresses together that are used as common inputs, www.walletexplorer.com
They also list some common known wallets; exchanges like Bitstamp, BTC-e, etc, pools, services, etc.
For that address, they have it listed as huobi.com exchange.
http://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/Huobi.com-2?from_address=19iVyH1qUxgywY8LJSbpV4VavjZmyuEyxV

http://www.huobi.com/

That took me almost 37 seconds. Where do I submit the bill for my time?  Grin
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:20:36 PM

I believe it's highly unlikely that friedcat gave his business partner an exchange deposit address, to which he does not hold the private key and which could change at any time (exchanges get hacked, go offline etc). It is of course possible but seeing that this address received automated payouts for multiple months it is just extremely unlikely. It's not like the received transactions were only pocket change:

https://blockchain.info/tx/8b06f02c7ed75f511a40c4b32949eb3f23e6c638967315fe863532638eb8b131
There's an interesting website out there that automatically does the grouping addresses together that are used as common inputs, www.walletexplorer.com
They also list some common known wallets; exchanges like Bitstamp, BTC-e, etc, pools, services, etc.
http://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/Huobi.com-2?from_address=19iVyH1qUxgywY8LJSbpV4VavjZmyuEyxV

If you hand deliver the bill to Friedcat, he'll even give you a tip Wink
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:35:04 PM

If you hand deliver the bill to Friedcat, he'll even give you a tip Wink

How did you find out he's circumcised, keeping the tip in a mayonnaise jar on a shelf since noon of the day he was born?
BCwinning

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:38:24 PM

its china, just pay someone to go break his legs.
Or grease the palm of an official to have him picked up and disappear in the jails.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
electerium

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 10:58:19 PM

you need to hire a private investigator.

it wouldnt be hard to e.g.

go to hong kong and hire a guy who is reputable and speaks/writes chinese (mandarin) and english

I'd also be hoping that you or some other interested party either possesses money or non-public information that will make finding him easier.
gogxmagog (OP)
Legendary

Ad maiora!

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 11:00:37 PM

Or grease the palm of an official to have him picked up and disappear in the jails.
I wouldn't go so far as hiring a goon, but alerting the authorities is definitely a possibility. I don't really know which authority to go to, and how to bridge the language barrier. I am going to speak to the consulate and see if they can help me find the right people to complain to. I understand China takes a very hard line against nationals who embezzle and defraud, even more so when they cheat foreigners. Something about bringing shame to the nation.
I'd love to see that skinny nerd FC thrown into a Chinese gulag. He can farm WoW gold for the rest of his life. Put his 'puter skills to work. Hopefully they'll just shoot him.

Wasn't someone here speculating he has gone to work for BitFury? I'm sure they would keep that info on the downlow but if we could "out" him as working there, or anywhere for that matter, it would tank their value. Not that I'm out to ruin any companies, I would just like to make FC 100% unemployable. He should be a pariah across the industry. He really let us down and I for one want him to pay, in every respect!
electerium

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 11:03:57 PM

I wouldn't go so far as hiring a goon, but alerting the authorities is definitely a possibility. I don't really know which authority to go to, and how to bridge the language barrier. I am going to speak to the consulate and see if they can help me find the right people to complain to. I understand China takes a very hard line against nationals who embezzle and defraud, even more so when they cheat foreigners. Something about bringing shame to the nation.
I'd love to see that skinny nerd FC thrown into a Chinese gulag. He can farm WoW gold for the rest of his life. Put his 'puter skills to work. Hopefully they'll just shoot him.

Wasn't someone here speculating he has gone to work for BitFury? I'm sure they would keep that info on the downlow but if we could "out" him as working there, or anywhere for that matter, it would tank their value. Not that I'm out to ruin any companies, I would just like to make FC 100% unemployable. He should be a pariah across the industry. He really let us down and I for one want him to pay, in every respect!
\

you know his full name

you have pictures

it is not hard, not hard at all to create a website entitled:

xxxxxisascammer.com

it would cost less than $1000 to design, set up, and pay for all hosting for 20 years.

translate said website into chinese also.

present your information on the website

he's a chinese national, just as he believes it is unlikely for you to pursue legal action against you, what do you think the odds are of him doing the same to you? Of course, you have hard evidence and facts on your side where he does not.
jbrnt

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 01:02:36 AM

I suspect their are a lot of Chinese nationals who lost money in asicminer too. They must be stsrting some sort of class action against asicminer and it's directors. I think OP should post a thread in the Chinese board asking what they are doing to recover some of their money or hunt down FC. It's a long shot, but worth a try.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: