Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:19:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need an explanation on post deletion  (Read 1240 times)
DropsOfJupiter (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 03:53:55 AM

One of my post was deleted just a moment ago.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

why don't you try The best Assignment Help Provider.
Hehe.  Grin
You should really hire someone to proofread, edit or even rewrite your website.

As you can see, a spammer was hawking his service in that thread. I poked fun at the poor grammar and syntax of the site, considering the thread was for a Uni assignment.
Interestingly, a moderator deleted my comment and left the original spammer comment alone.
Why is that?

The most amazing graphic designer in the universe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 12:40:58 PM

I don't think the mods (and most people) consider someone who posts 4 messages with a few words in a span of 2 days as a spammer.

your post was probably deleted because it's off-topic.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 12:45:06 PM

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Hehe.  Grin

As you can see, a spammer was hawking his service in that thread. I poked fun at the poor grammar and syntax of the site, considering the thread was for a Uni assignment.
Interestingly, a moderator deleted my comment and left the original spammer comment alone.
Why is that?

IMHO[1] the post you quoted was somewhat on topic regarding the thread[2]. The OP is asking for homework asignment help and daviswilla is advertising a service that is providing exactly that. The service in question does not accept bitcoin though, so I reported it. What you did was plain spam. Your post does nothing regarding the topic of the thread. If you think someone is spamming dont spam on top of it, report the post and be done with it.

I don't think the mods (and most people) consider someone who posts 4 messages with a few words in a span of 2 days as a spammer.

I dont think this is relevant when we are talking about a single post. The number of posts a day and their length might be relevant when considering a ban though.

[1] this is my personal opinion, Im not staff nor related, yadda yadda yadda
[2] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1058569.0

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
DropsOfJupiter (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 01:19:23 AM

Hehe.  Grin

Why is that?

IMHO[1] the post you quoted was somewhat on topic regarding the thread[2]. The OP is asking for homework asignment help and daviswilla is advertising a service that is providing exactly that. The service in question does not accept bitcoin though, so I reported it. What you did was plain spam. Your post does nothing regarding the topic of the thread. If you think someone is spamming dont spam on top of it, report the post and be done with it.

I dont think this is relevant when we are talking about a single post. The number of posts a day and their length might be relevant when considering a ban though.

[1] this is my personal opinion, Im not staff nor related, yadda yadda yadda
[2] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1058569.0

Shorena, let's try this from another perspective and see if you still feel the same.
What if the OP actually wanted  help create a wallet, and someone with lines of broken codes on his website responded.
Imagine a third person telling him to clean up his codes first. Would you still have the same opinion?

Just in case someone is unfamiliar with how these fly-by-night academic writing mills work, they don't have in-house writers. These companies just hire non-native bulk writers who regurgitate badly written content from elsewhere. Many others operations meanwhile just collect payment and give customers the runaround for a month or two before finally closing shop. Academic writing service scams have been around since the 90s, and some of the more established ones even have referral services. One of the easiest ways to spot them is by the level of grammar of the site, which prompted my original comment.

The most amazing graphic designer in the universe
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 02:43:27 AM

Probably best for moderator to explain what actually happened, but i believe your post got deleted because it was a reply to a deleted spam post, which you, (by quoting it) have repeated, and
thus, forced mod to delete it too. The spam post you quoted is deleted also, so i'm pretty sure i'm right on this one.

Don't overthink things like theese Roll Eyes

cheers
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 08:46:22 AM

-snip-
Shorena, let's try this from another perspective and see if you still feel the same.
What if the OP actually wanted  help create a wallet, and someone with lines of broken codes on his website responded.
Imagine a third person telling him to clean up his codes first. Would you still have the same opinion?

No, I would not have reported the person linking to a (bad) page. Bad advice is not against the rules. Your example is also a bit difficult to judge without seeing the actual reply. I would assume that a "your code sucks" post would be removed while a "you should improve the code on lines X, Y, Z, because a, b, c which might lead to g,h,j" post might not. If you were to simply state that the codes comments contain grammar errors it would certainly be removed.

Just in case someone is unfamiliar with how these fly-by-night academic writing mills work, they don't have in-house writers. These companies just hire non-native bulk writers who regurgitate badly written content from elsewhere. Many others operations meanwhile just collect payment and give customers the runaround for a month or two before finally closing shop. Academic writing service scams have been around since the 90s, and some of the more established ones even have referral services. One of the easiest ways to spot them is by the level of grammar of the site, which prompted my original comment.

I am very well aware that the service in question is the worst possible solution, not only because its not accepting crypto, but also because it does a shitty job. Yet, a shitty job that meets the requirements is still on topic, while criticising that service is not, at least not if its the only part of your post.

Check the thread, the post was removed. Sometimes its easier to get bad advice removed if you look closely at it. In this case the service in question was not accepting crypto and thus violating the rules as beeing offtopic to the board in general.

Its not that I dont understand you, but the spirit of the board is to allow people to give bad advice and to let people take bad advice. This spirit is addressing mature and responsible adults that consider actions before taking them. If you come here expecting protection from bad advice or scams you will quickly fall on your nose and grow up. Again, I appreciate, applaud and understand your post, but its still offtopic and was thus removed. I suspect that it was reported and a mod acted upon the report.

Probably best for moderator to explain what actually happened, but i believe your post got deleted because it was a reply to a deleted spam post, which you, (by quoting it) have repeated, and
thus, forced mod to delete it too. The spam post you quoted is deleted also, so i'm pretty sure i'm right on this one.

Don't overthink things like theese Roll Eyes

cheers

The quoted post was still in place when I first replied here. I reported it as "offering service thats not accepting crypto" or something along those lines, but I dont know if that was the reason it was removed, if mods acted on a different report or if the person in question removed it themselves.

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 08:55:39 AM

If the post from daviswilla was removed, yours will be removed as well, because you are now quoting a non-existing post (which is considered spam). It's that easy.

EDIT: Services and links to websites that don't accept bitcoin (or some other cryptocurrency) are generally removed.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 01:15:35 PM

-snip-
the spirit of the board is to allow people to give bad advice and to let people take bad advice. This spirit is addressing mature and responsible adults that consider actions before taking them. If you come here expecting protection from bad advice or scams you will quickly fall on your nose and grow up.
-snip-

The spirit of the board is to allow bad advice, but not to allow anyone to point out that said advice is bad? Did I get that right?
ty

Read the post again, the was not what was written. Let me sum it up for you:

OP: I need X
1st reply: Y does X
2nd reply: Y has bad spelling on homepage

IMHO it could have been phrased differently and would not have been removed or in this case it would have been easier to just report the post in question. If you take the time to check out the site and see that its full of errors you probably noticed that they are not accepting BTC in the first place.

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 01:35:42 PM

It doesn't matter. OP's post was removed because it quoted a posts that was removed (as it was considered spam by the staff member that handled it). That's all.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 01:46:32 PM

It doesn't matter. OP's post was removed because it quoted a posts that was removed (as it was considered spam by the staff member that handled it). That's all.

uhhh. the quoted post was deleted after OP's post.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 02:16:36 PM

Oh.. I see, must have misread somewhere, my bad. What was the time period between the deletions? If it's a short period than it could be that the person removing the posts, decided to remove OP's first and then the quoted one.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

hee-ho.

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 02:47:53 PM

Oh.. I see, must have misread somewhere, my bad. What was the time period between the deletions? If it's a short period than it could be that the person removing the posts, decided to remove OP's first and then the quoted one.

I remember the quoted post was still there when I first replied to OP, so at least 8 hours interval.

personally, I think the Mod A doesn't think the quoted post should be deleted, so he/she left it be, then Mod B found the quoted post and deleted it for some (good) reason. there's like 5+ staffs that can delete the posts there, after all. but that's just my opinion and OP's problem has been resolved, so it probably doesn't matter.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: