Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:08:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Every pattern has been broken. All fates have changed.  (Read 2538 times)
jehst (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 11:27:43 PM

1. Bitcoin never goes below its previous all-time high after a big rally. ($266)

2. Bitcoin rallies every XXX days.

3. Bitcoin rallies whenever the 3D or 1W MACD turn green.

4. Bitcoin rallies when it's been stable for XXX days.

5. If you hold bitcoin for 2 years, it'll always be higher. (became false in April 2015)

You name it. Every pattern is broken. There are no more clever facts left. No more talking points. No more s-curves going vertical and no more quips. Now there is only reality. What reality? The reality that bitcoin is making good progress but there is lax demand. The road ahead may be much longer than any of us have imagined.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:04:15 AM

Yup, that was all hocus pocus empiricism, anyway. The story I'm interested in is:

1. Mainstream financial institutions getting interested in bitcoin as a zero-trust alternative to an obsolete, debt-ridden counterparty system
2. The rest of the stupidly leveraged fiat economy warming up to disappear up it's own rear

So unless the technology fails I'm pretty happy with holding.

Except for the fact that there is a big drop coming. Unless there isn't? Who knows? I don't, and I don't care, either =D

kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:11:06 AM

You can consider the technology already failed horribly as it has been surpassed by several altcoins on every aspect that is important for mainstream adoption.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
jehst (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:24:57 AM

Yup, that was all hocus pocus empiricism, anyway. The story I'm interested in is:

1. Mainstream financial institutions getting interested in bitcoin as a zero-trust alternative to an obsolete, debt-ridden counterparty system
2. The rest of the stupidly leveraged fiat economy warming up to disappear up it's own rear

Except for the fact that there is a big drop coming. Unless there isn't? Who knows? I don't, and I don't care, either =D

There aren't many of us left. These forums are about as active as they were in 2011.

Year 2021
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:26:51 AM

There aren't many of us left. These forums are about as active as they were in 2011.

This is a good thing.
catena5260

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:28:19 AM

I disagree.

The marketplace, at least, has much more movement than in 2011(if there was a marketplace at all in 2011)
jehst (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:57:01 AM

I disagree.

The marketplace, at least, has much more movement than in 2011(if there was a marketplace at all in 2011)

I just poked my head in there. Bunch of junk.

Year 2021
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 02:49:12 AM

Simple statistics prove you wrong. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats

goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 03:09:34 AM

You can consider the technology already failed horribly as it has been surpassed by several altcoins on every aspect that is important for mainstream adoption.
It's the network not the bla-coins. No alt can hold a candle to btc network right now.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Dotto
Legendary

Activity: 981
Merit: 1005

No maps for these territories

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 03:47:11 AM

Trollthread /end
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 07:49:12 AM

and where are those alt now? they have even a worst position than bitcoin, and mine are just faded away, not worth a pennies, all died

the truth is that despite their new offering in terms of technology, they are still a mere clone of bitcoin, pure testing, see them as that...
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 11:39:15 AM

1. Bitcoin never goes below its previous all-time high after a big rally. ($266)

2. Bitcoin rallies every XXX days.

3. Bitcoin rallies whenever the 3D or 1W MACD turn green.

4. Bitcoin rallies when it's been stable for XXX days.

5. If you hold bitcoin for 2 years, it'll always be higher. (became false in April 2015)

You name it. Every pattern is broken. There are no more clever facts left. No more talking points. No more s-curves going vertical and no more quips. Now there is only reality. What reality? The reality that bitcoin is making good progress but there is lax demand. The road ahead may be much longer than any of us have imagined.

6. Bitcoin is not predictable and cant be put in some panthers.

Here i gave you one rule, that will not get broken so fast.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 11:57:04 AM

I need you to say that to confirm the piss-in-your-pants capitulation bottom is not yet in.

It's the network not the bla-coins. No alt can hold a candle to btc network right now.

Until the network hashrate becomes irrelevant in some alt.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:03:38 PM

If so, then why are you still here? Go play in the altcoin section if you so wish. Bitcoin technology hasn't even started with showing its power.

Beside that, the blockchain as technology will enjoy adoption by banks and other companies. So tell me, what exactly is failed  Smiley
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:20:38 PM

If so, then why are you still here? Go play in the altcoin section if you so wish. Bitcoin technology hasn't even started with showing its power.

Beside that, the blockchain as technology will enjoy adoption by banks and other companies. So tell me, what exactly is failed  Smiley

I'm here to spread awareness in that bitcoin needs to adapt in order to survive and that people will not make horrible mistakes with their hard earned money.

Altcoins are important as experiments of new ideas, but when an idea is sound and proves to be adding significantly to the technology it should be adapted by bitcoin asap in order to not lose the first mover advantage. Sure it has the network effect behind it now, what do you think new coins will get that bring features that speak even more to the average Joe and industry, that's right, an even stronger network effect.

If we want bitcoin, as a currency and its own blockchain, to be successful, things need to change on several levels i think.

Many of us have too much invested (not just talking holing btc here...) to let it fade away so easily without giving a kick, hoping somebody else will do or say something..

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:40:18 PM

I'm here to spread awareness in that bitcoin needs to adapt in order to survive and that people will not make horrible mistakes with their hard earned money.

Altcoins are important as experiments of new ideas, but when an idea is sound and proves to be adding significantly to the technology it should be adapted by bitcoin asap in order to not lose the first mover advantage. Sure it has the network effect behind it now, what do you think new coins will get that bring features that speak even more to the average Joe and industry, that's right, an even stronger network effect.

If we want bitcoin, as a currency and its own blockchain, to be successful, things need to change on several levels i think.

Many of us have too much invested (not just talking holing btc here...) to let it fade away so easily without giving a kick, hoping somebody else will do or say something..

I understand all that, but why is it needed to add gimmick features which most of the altcoins have and we don't really need?

What Bitcoin needs right now for better adoption is faster confirmation times, and larger blocks. The latter has had plenty enough coverage in this forum and will definitely be implemented.
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 02:05:45 PM

Hahaha trolls trolling trolls
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 02:14:20 PM

It's difficult to apply patterns on Bitcoin- there are many good, but also many bad events.

I honestly have no idea where we're headed right now.

spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 01:30:57 AM

I don't see things that way. There are other coins I prefer, such as Dash, but there are so many other cutting edge crypto technologies emerging I don't pretend to be able to keep up with them. Bitcoin is still the largest network by far, and looks like it's heading towards a more establishment future with ownership ledgers based on the blockchain and other technology start-ups aiming to dismantle visa and mastercard's duopoly. This is not the anonymous digital cash which people originally thought it was, so if you want to get off the grid, pick your alt, that rabbit's out of the hat and won't be going back in. That was never that large a market anyway, so speculating on bitcoin from the  perspective is over, yes.

The mainstream financial system, however, is not long for this world in my opinion, and bitcoin is entirely ahead of anything else to replace it. This also addresses some of the centralised mining issues and 51% attacks which bitcoin isn't optimised for, because that's not a problem for the financial services sector, you already have a tradition of many large data centres distributed globally across different corporations and nations.

balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:05:32 AM

Bitcoin needs a very important innovation, that is: no Gavin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: