Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:08:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitpay does not dump on exchanges  (Read 1177 times)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 10:14:00 PM

The "investors" that they sell to, they can dump on exchanges, hedge ect. If they sold the coins they would need to
get a trading desk , a whole dept for selling the coins and not just "dump". imo

Yeah, at the end of the day people are going to end up doing whatever they want with their money. If they want to dump, they will dump. They don't dump, someone else will.
We shouldn't be worried about people dumping their coins, but about demand lowering. As long as there is demand, who cares if people dump.

It's all about the relation between the supply and the demand. But I agree with you, we should worry about decreasing demand. Now more and more people know about Bitcoin, we should experience an increase in demand (which increases the current value too). There will always be people selling or dumping their coins; there's no way to stop that. Increasing the demand for Bitcoin is the way to go.

many of the current "exchanges" seem flawed.. the amount of resistance (huge lumps(walls) of bitcoin) seems low. where just 20-200 bitcoin can make the price change dramatically.

The solution to this problem is one global orderbook. 200BTC dumps wouldn't stand a chance then. I really hope it becomes reallity at some point in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 12:20:39 AM

Coinbase is an exchange itself, it must have a huge reserve of bitcoins,same way that bitpay,and bitpay doesn't dump cause someone must buy them
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:37:10 AM

For sake of argument, let's assume that BitPay doesn't dump on the exchanges and indeed sells off ONLY to investors in however fashion.

BitPay is ONLY licensed as a third-party payment processor. Anything they do outside said license requirements would be up for an investigation assuming that they're not in compliance.

Unless I'm mistaken, the following is what their business model consist of [sans the use of an exchange].

Various patrons purchase products or services from vendors that accept bitcoins of which BitPay processes.

One million dollars worth of bitcoins exchanged hands (used as an example).

Within 48 hours, BitPay remits to the vendors' banks one million dollars.

The investors who had a million dollars on account now has a million dollars worth of bitcoins on account.

The known investors have no choice but to play fair, thus the moneys that changed hands have a legit paper trail.

All the powers-that-be would have to do is look at BitPay's bank account and see each and every investors' transactions and learn who they are.

One false move, and the house of cards tumbles down. Enter BFL, namely Sonny Vleisides, who opted to used BitPay as his own private exchange oppose to as a third-party payment processor to the tune of easily over ten million dollars.

You or I CAN NOT sell a million dollars worth of whatever via bitcoins, have BitPay convert it to fiat remitted to our bank, then turn around and remit to BitPay another million dollars worth of bitcoins unrelated to that previous sale and have that too converted the same. Yet, that's exactly what Sonny Vleisides did over and over and over and over again. And, here's the kicker, NOT ONE MOTHERFUCKIN' BITCOIN-THEMED PERIODICAL HAS PENNED AN ARTICLE OUTLINING SUCH. It's like everybody inside the Bitcoin space is well aware of this fact, but let's not let this get out to the mainstream.

I was paid 10 BTC indirectly to keep my mouth shut when I first revealed this fact back in Q3, 2013. The same fucker that paid me now has a protection order on my ass due to all the lies he convinced a judge in KC to further keep my mouth shut on other BFL doings. The funny part is that the 10 BTC paid to me is virtually connected to the bitcoin wallet address that a certain million dollars worth of BTC exchanged hands via BitPay, BFL and HashTrade, the latter two no longer viable concerns in the Bitcoin space.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: