Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:48:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] ABE install  (Read 938 times)
AndyRossy (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 11:10:15 PM

on a nginx server (under ISP config - still lets you set the nginx settings), with mysql.

will give person shell session / ssh, can install whatever deps are required, but, afaik all are installed and have c/o'd from git - it only have apache2 instructions, and not in mood to figure out for nginx+fcgi

2BTC obo?

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Eisenhower34
Legendary

Activity: 906
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:03:08 PM

Sorry but why do you want this ABE web interface? Start ABE in no-serve mode and access the mysqldb directly with your script.

There are two reasons why you should do this:
  • no-serve mode is saver, because ABE doesnt start the webinterface and so isnt offering any ground for hacker attacks.
  • no-serve mode is faster, the webinterface isnt doing anything else besides starting calls to the database. So if you use RPCs, you have to call the webinterface, python code is interpreted and executed and finally a mysql call is made. The result is passed back to python, which outputs it then to your call. you have to parse the output and so on. As you can see, alot of overhead.

If you think now, that you are a noob, and that the database looks very complicated, and that you have no idea how the MySQL code should look like, then just check the python code and copy the MySQL commands. Its more complicated for sure, but its the better solution.

I have no idea how nginx handles fcgi, but after all the problems i had over the years with apache lighttpd cgi bitcoind ABE ... I think 2 BTC by far wont be attractive for someoen to install it for you.
AndyRossy (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:53:43 PM

If you think now, that you are a noob, and that the database looks very complicated...

I have no idea how nginx handles fcgi, but after all the problems i had over the years with apache lighttpd cgi bitcoind ABE ... I think 2 BTC by far wont be attractive for someoen to install it for you.

I'd install it for 2BTC if I had the time; that's my logic on pricing, although I am more experienced than you so it makes sense. Thanks for your input anyway.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:34:54 PM

what you mean ISP config? yea this sounds like a 10btc job
Eisenhower34
Legendary

Activity: 906
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 07:43:49 PM

I'd install it for 2BTC if I had the time; that's my logic on pricing, although I am more experienced than you so it makes sense. Thanks for your input anyway.

For 2 BTC you can only expect 1h of work, so how busy can you be... regarding the more experienced ... i doubt that but maybe you are working already for decades as server administrator...

Thank you. That price is more realistic.

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 07:45:51 PM

Thank you. That price is more realistic.

Now if I only knew how to setup up nginx and fast cgi LOL
ErnestoJuarell

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

¿Sabe lo que quiero decir?

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 08:20:19 PM

I might be able to do this for you.

AndyRossy (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 08:12:03 AM

ISPConfig is just a tool, that you configure nginx through, it's already installed/working, just a different interface than editting the nginx. 

Anybody who doesnt know what ISPConfig already probably shouldnt be applying here.

AndyRossy (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 08:15:24 AM

I might be able to do this for you.

Let me get back at you, just resolving

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108697.0

First.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:15:36 PM

ISPConfig is just a tool, that you configure nginx through, it's already installed/working, just a different interface than editting the nginx. 

Anybody who doesnt know what ISPConfig already probably shouldnt be applying here.

you do know that the knowledge of a tool like ISPConfig, doesn't hinder someone's nginx and fastCGI knowledge, but anyone doing this for 2btc is probably a newbie, this clearly a 10btc job at least
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: