Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:31:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Communist Party  (Read 8616 times)
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2011, 01:25:32 PM

In a way yes, BUT in my mind "rights" is primarilly based on some global humane principles, not papers, agreements and stuff.

Bottom line is - we are born equal as humans, but everyone is different from the other. Which is good in my view, don't like the concept of a clone meganation ...

No, we're born unequal different.
Fixed that for you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shades

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 01:31:01 PM

No, we're born unequal.

Equallity is really an abstract concept. We are equal only when being born as humans. In any other aspect Kiba is right - we are never equal - different parents, different locations, different forced rights ...
eturnerx

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 01:44:52 PM

We are all born equally insignificant next to the majesty of Wmam Prqah. He grants us rights through His divine grace.
How compatible is Wmam Prqah with my current Pastarfarian leanings? I have a strange urge to offer up my bitcoins in exchange for indulgences.
Coma

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 01:50:23 PM

BitCoin might be beyond communism in leftwingism.
mmdough

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 01:55:56 PM

We are all born equally insignificant next to the majesty of Wmam Prqah. He grants us rights through His divine grace.
How compatible is Wmam Prqah with my current Pastarfarian leanings? I have a strange urge to offer up my bitcoins in exchange for indulgences.

Well, clearly you must reject all other false idols before you can become one with Wmam Prqah. But that's okay, he understands the appeal of the false and blasphemous monsters. Indeed, all other gods-- ESPECIALLY fsm-- are secretly modeled after Wmam Prhqah. This is because all other holy books are heavily cribbed knockoffs of the Orthodontal scrolls.

I'll give you an example. Show you what I mean.

Take pirates versus global warming for instance. Straightfoward, right?

But let's break it down. What causes global warming? Civilization causes global warming. Fossil fuels being burned; crime is rampant in the streets. Electrical generation burning coals and precious atoms. Who benefits from electricity? I'll tell you who. The Miners benefit.

What do pirates do? Pirates fight for themselves. Fair distribution of profits, except to their victims. Pirates don't produce anything, they understand that the only true value is in taking from others.

So as people lose the will to pirate (movies, music, books, bitcoin speculation), it can only be replaced by placid, cud-chewing last men who will destroy the environment by being 'productive.'

Wmam Prqah has no sympathy. Our hell will be our own reward for failing to mimic his speculative greatness. He is the great pirate who watches over us, and will let anyone in his crew for an equal share. You just have to pay upfront first.

I, Wmam's chosen apostle, can grant plenary indulgence for a small fee, but that will only get you so far. The only true devotion is to send your bitcoins directly to Wmam Prqah himself.

His address is infinite.
compro01

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 06:16:38 PM

P.S. Communism sucks. I've witnessed it, total fiasco ...

Communism works fine, it just doesn't scale up well.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 06:19:01 PM

You mean from 2 people upwards?
jaime

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

División de Poderes s.XXI es Descentralización

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2011, 06:36:18 PM

LOL

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 07:54:05 PM

In that case...

I now force you into my communistic dictatorship.  You will mine for me, and I will distribute all productive goods evenly, which, for now, only includes you and I.

Thanks for the extra 50% in advance.  Wink
compro01

Activity: 590

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 10:23:59 PM

100-200 is about the upper bound (i.e. the limit to where everyone in a community can know everyone else to an effective degree) before things break down.

stable, functional communist communities have existed all around here for about the past century.  look up hutterites.

communism is not and likely cannot ever be, an effective means for governing a country.
carbonpenguin

Activity: 236

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 01:44:23 AM

Well, clearly you must reject all other false idols before you can become one with Wmam Prqah. But that's okay, he understands the appeal of the false and blasphemous monsters. Indeed, all other gods-- ESPECIALLY fsm-- are secretly modeled after Wmam Prhqah. This is because all other holy books are heavily cribbed knockoffs of the Orthodontal scrolls.

I'll give you an example. Show you what I mean.

Take pirates versus global warming for instance. Straightfoward, right?

But let's break it down. What causes global warming? Civilization causes global warming. Fossil fuels being burned; crime is rampant in the streets. Electrical generation burning coals and precious atoms. Who benefits from electricity? I'll tell you who. The Miners benefit.

What do pirates do? Pirates fight for themselves. Fair distribution of profits, except to their victims. Pirates don't produce anything, they understand that the only true value is in taking from others.

So as people lose the will to pirate (movies, music, books, bitcoin speculation), it can only be replaced by placid, cud-chewing last men who will destroy the environment by being 'productive.'

Wmam Prqah has no sympathy. Our hell will be our own reward for failing to mimic his speculative greatness. He is the great pirate who watches over us, and will let anyone in his crew for an equal share. You just have to pay upfront first.

I, Wmam's chosen apostle, can grant plenary indulgence for a small fee, but that will only get you so far. The only true devotion is to send your bitcoins directly to Wmam Prqah himself.

His address is infinite.

I keep trying to send Wmam Prqah bitcoins, but the client is unable to handle infinity. As his chosen apostle, can you offer his humble people a client that allows for direct contact with the divine, or must we pass through an intermediary like money in the dark days BC (Before Coins)?
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 02:20:05 AM

Taking communism with Bitcoin to such great extremes is self-destructive, if it was made real, the more people that joined Bitcoin the less bitcoins would be worth, and if the rich stop profiting with Bitcoin the network will become less safe

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 03:07:40 AM

My ass is particularly significant, only because it is so dam massive.  Shocked

One off NP-Hard.
unemployed (OP)

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2011, 09:08:31 AM

Taking communism with Bitcoin to such great extremes is self-destructive, if it was made real, the more people that joined Bitcoin the less bitcoins would be worth, and if the rich stop profiting with Bitcoin the network will become less safe

Redistribution should not decrease the bitcoin value by much, because redistribution will be one time operation. Of course until the Karl Marx's law of capital accumulation will strike again. Because everything becomes like Karl Marx predicted. Wealth condensates in the hands of the few, and over time it becomes only worse. This is why we have to organize quickly and heal the bitcoin world by redistribution before it is to late.
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#rg2zvztgSzm1g10zm2g25
Look at the current charts. Some bourgeoise capitalist kills all liquidity by selling huge amounts of bitcoins every time price reaches 8.75. This is how wealthy can control the whole market. Do not sit quiet. Protest! Do something about it.

╭═══════ Petlife ═══════╮
   Blockchain in veterinary medicine    │
╰════ https://icopet.life/ ════╯
epi 1:10,000

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 09:21:11 AM

In that case...

I now force you into my communistic dictatorship.  You will mine for me, and I will distribute all productive goods evenly, which, for now, only includes you and I.

Thanks for the extra 50% in advance.  Wink

Sounds like marriage.
flug

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 10:57:13 AM

communism is not and likely cannot ever be, an effective means for governing a country.

Maybe Bitcoin can subvert national boundaries so we don't have countries anymore.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 03:27:55 PM

Redistribution should not decrease the bitcoin value by much, because redistribution will be one time operation. Of course until the Karl Marx's law of capital accumulation will strike again. Because everything becomes like Karl Marx predicted. Wealth condensates in the hands of the few, and over time it becomes only worse. This is why we have to organize quickly and heal the bitcoin world by redistribution before it is to late.
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#rg2zvztgSzm1g10zm2g25
Look at the current charts. Some bourgeoise capitalist kills all liquidity by selling huge amounts of bitcoins every time price reaches 8.75. This is how wealthy can control the whole market. Do not sit quiet. Protest! Do something about it.

LOL.  So we should limit who is able to buy/sell coins on MtGox and when they are able to do it?  Sounds like a FANTASTIC idea!   Roll Eyes

If someone wants to sell all their coins for $8.75, who am I to say that my coins are worth more than that?  That sounds like the most unequal treatment of bitcoins possible, not the other way around!

EDIT:  By the way, I just sold 10 coins for $9.15.  ZOMG, I'm an evil capitalist pig!
unemployed (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2011, 03:56:33 PM

LOL.  So we should limit who is able to buy/sell coins on MtGox and when they are able to do it?  Sounds like a FANTASTIC idea!   Roll Eyes

If someone wants to sell all their coins for $8.75, who am I to say that my coins are worth more than that?  That sounds like the most unequal treatment of bitcoins possible, not the other way around!

EDIT:  By the way, I just sold 10 coins for $9.15.  ZOMG, I'm an evil capitalist pig!

Prices are large until one of the big fishes decides to sell. There is no limit to panic on the market, that can be caused by the speculative capital.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 03:59:52 PM

Prices are large until one of the big fishes decides to sell. There is no limit to panic on the market, that can be caused by the speculative capital.
Still, what right do you have to tell other people when they can and cannot sell?  If there's no limit to panic that can be caused by speculative capital, then people investing in bitcoins should keep that in mind to minimize their own risk.
unemployed (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2011, 04:19:49 PM

Still, what right do you have to tell other people when they can and cannot sell?  If there's no limit to panic that can be caused by speculative capital, then people investing in bitcoins should keep that in mind to minimize their own risk.
I have never told other people when they can and cannot sell. I am speaking only about necessary redistribution of coins.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: