Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:03:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Matthew Wright -- a recipe for community justice  (Read 1537 times)
thezerg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 12:52:56 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2012, 01:38:30 PM by thezerg

I am an impartial observer; I neither invested in Pirate or bet with Matthew.  There is no rational person or court who would agree with MNW's technical interpretation of his contract.  Fundamentally, you cannot call it a "bet" if you don't pay the other side, just like you cannot call it a "contract" if value is not received by both parties.  Additionally, an example does not override the fundamental intention of a contract.  There is absolutely no doubt in my mind he would have taken the money if he had won.

This forum needs to grow up.  Bitcoins are worth 10 USD EACH now.  Real money.  This garbage tarnishes the reputation of Bitcoin and has extended/doubled the agony of the people defrauded by Pirateat40.

There is only one thing we as a community can do.  It is simple.

Matthew N Wright no longer exists.

First put him on ignore, and LEAVE him there.

Do not respond to any of his posts.  Do not even acknowledge they exist.  Do not read them.  Do not read replies that quote him.

[EDIT: he's fired] Do not buy Bitcoin Magazine until Vladimir fires him.  PM Vladimir cancelling your subscription (even if no refund is offered) unless he is no longer there.  Tell Vladimir that reading his trash is just a waste of your time so he might as well not waste the postage.

Do not post to or read any threads he starts.

Do not use any of his companies or services.

Post a message here if you will support and implement this method of justice so Matthew and other members of the community can see that something is being done.  Please keep this posting to a yes or no.  You can discuss MNW's behavior on the many other threads.

Matthew N Wright you are not welcome here.  We cannot stop you from showing up.  We cannot stop your sockpuppets.  But when we discover them, they will also go on ignore.  Anything you do will wither and die.  There is nothing for you here.

Goodbye

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 12:57:03 AM

I am an impartial observer; I neither invested in Pirate or bet with Matthew.  There is no rational person or court who would agree with MNW's technical interpretation of his contract.  Fundamentally, you cannot call it a "bet" if you don't pay the other side, just like you cannot call it a "contract" if value is not received by both parties.  Additionally, an example does not override the fundamental intention of a contract.  There is absolutely no doubt in my mind he would have taken the money if he had won.

This forum needs to grow up.  Bitcoins are worth 10 USD EACH now.  Real money.  This garbage tarnishes the reputation of Bitcoin and has extended/doubled the agony of the people defrauded by Pirateat40.

There is only one thing we as a community can do.  It is simple.

Do not respond to any of his posts.  Do not even acknowledge they exist.  Do not read them.

Do not buy Bitcoin Magazine until Vladimir fires him.  PM Vladimir cancelling your subscription (even if no refund is offered) unless he is no longer there.  Tell Vladimir that reading his trash is just a waste of your time so he might as well not waste the postage.

Do not post to or read any threads he starts.

Do not use any of his companies or services.

Post a message here if you will support and implement this method of justice so Matthew and other members of the community can see that something is being done.

Matthew N Wright you are not welcome here.  We cannot stop you from showing up.  We cannot stop your sockpuppets.  But when we discover them, they will also go on ignore.  Anything you do will wither and die.  There is nothing for you here.

Goodbye

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 12:59:09 AM

Can we start more threads about him?
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:00:38 AM

About whom?
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:01:02 AM

I put MNW on ignore before the bitcoinica debacle and everyone kept quoting his text so he never really when away.  He'll just fine another way of prying his way back into our consciousness.
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:01:40 AM

There is only one thing we as a community can do.  It is simple.

Do not respond to any of his posts.  Do not even acknowledge they exist.  Do not read them...

This is probably the best way to treat an attention whore like this.  He probably still gets something out of negative attention if he is a certain type of sociopath.

Next he will probably do what Bruce Wagner did and start his own forum ( moderated by guess who ) for just himself and his "real friends", which this bet helped him to discover.  
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:02:35 AM

Didn't you know? The best way to make someone not exist is to avoid the 10+ threads which already exist and then start a NEW ONE.  Bonus points if you put the name of person who no longer exists in the title.  That will double plus erase them.
thezerg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:09:55 AM

Didn't you know? The best way to make someone not exist is to avoid the 10+ threads which already exist and then start a NEW ONE.  Bonus points if you put the name of person who no longer exists in the title.  That will double plus erase them.

A method to achieve justice needed to be proposed.  This is quite different then the other threads. 

Please keep your comments here to a "yes" or a "no".  You can discuss why on those other threads.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 01:12:48 AM

each thread has it own twist.

and i enjoyed reading all of them  Cheesy

bitcoiners

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:13:01 AM

That will double plus erase them.

That made me lol.

I'm actually waiting for this guy to show his face here again.  I can't wait personally.

I just hope no one does something stupid like punch him in the face when they see him in London.  I would feel really bad if something like that were to happen.

Cheers!
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:13:17 AM

A method to achieve justice needed to be proposed.  This is quite different then the other threads. 

Please keep your comments here to a "yes" or a "no".  You can discuss why on those other threads.

I've been doing this since last year so, that'd be a "yes."
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 01:16:10 AM

lol

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 01:20:40 AM

That made me lol.

I'm actually waiting for this guy to show his face here again.  I can't wait personally.

I just hope no one does something stupid like punch him in the face when they see him in London.  I would feel really bad if something like that were to happen.

Cheers!

He is noted for having many sockpuppets so he will just use one of those to troll with.

thezerg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:32:03 AM

That made me lol.

Cheers!

He is noted for having many sockpuppets so he will just use one of those to troll with.

Unfortunately that may be true so we will have to ignore them as well.  But countering this is to boycott ALL of his ventures (I think that bitcoin will rapidly outgrow support of ventures run by unknown, unverified individuals -- the pirate ponzi being 1st step).  With no source of income his time and interest must be turned elsewhere.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: