Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:07:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Before PoA, do we need merged mining?
Merged mining is a good idea
We do not need merged mining
We need only PoA
We need both merged mining and PoA

Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DigitalNote |XDN| - ICCO Announce - NEWS  (Read 450204 times)
gianni sperti

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 03:17:42 PM

And when dNote and Team implement the 'dual' blockchain, XDN will really take off. People don't realise the potential...

You can have the best product in the world, but if no one knows about it, it will never take off.

DigitalNote group lacks of marketing IMHO.

Look at their facebook page for instance. It's dead. Last post was made in Aug 25 2015.

People need to know about XDN and decide to invest, mining etc.

Someone, here, has predicted that in the next days XDN will have a pump. I wish it will be so but I think there will be no pump. The XDN price will stay more or less the same with its small highs and lows.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sbtctalk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 03:41:39 PM

You guys need a publicist. Any news is publicity, regardless how XDN could be used - for the good or bad.

The news report on frogLabs experiment should be forwarded to more mainstream technology news websites, and should not rely on crypto news sites as no one reads them except you and me, for the purpose of self-masturbation.

XDN needs to be more mainstream! Smiley

13Sk3gsQ1ogrzmyt3xMVvByxcUvZr98kKN
Rockie1234

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 04:27:27 PM

You guys need a publicist. Any news is publicity, regardless how XDN could be used - for the good or bad.

The news report on frogLabs experiment should be forwarded to more mainstream technology news websites, and should not rely on crypto news sites as no one reads them except you and me, for the purpose of self-masturbation.

We could make a campaign on some Bitcoin ads network such as mellow ads so that people like faucet users would learn about our coin.
I will make a thread asking about a payment processor (how big a bounty should be)

EDIT: Here is a link to the thread I made: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1628066.new#new
sbtctalk

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 04:30:02 PM

We could make a campaign on some Bitcoin ads network such as mellow ads so that people like faucet users would learn about our coin.
I will make a thread asking about a payment processor (how big a bounty should be)

The idea is good but we could do more. I do not have much stakes in XDN but I see its potential.

Let's take a step back look at this from a marketing/PR/corp comms/publicity perspective - step 1: Who are our target audience? And why should they be our target audience?

sbtctalk

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 04:32:37 PM

I realised XDN is not on Yobit. Why not get it listed? Need to raise market cap as a starting point too. Smiley

gianni sperti

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 05:16:17 PM

The idea is good but we could do more. I do not have much stakes in XDN but I see its potential.

Let's take a step back look at this from a marketing/PR/corp comms/publicity perspective - step 1: Who are our target audience? And why should they be our target audience?
Audience: Anyone who wants to make investments. We need to attract people from social networks and tell 'em about digital currencies, in the specific about XDN and what makes it attractive (explaining its features).

Also with people who already have invested in some digital currencies. Many of them don't even know about XDN.
Rockie1234

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 06:10:18 PM

I realised XDN is not on Yobit. Why not get it listed? Need to raise market cap as a starting point too. Smiley

Yes but dnote needs to do this as the form needs an email and specifications i don't understand.

Audience: Anyone who wants to make investments. We need to attract people from social networks and tell 'em about digital currencies, in the specific about XDN and what makes it attractive (explaining its features).

Also with people who already have invested in some digital currencies. Many of them don't even know about XDN.

Maybe looking for anyone making investments is too ambitious.
These people would need to be interested in anonymity from the start.
I can see a large amount of bitcoin users would be interested in something bitcoin doesn't offer.

Could people also help out and give their advice on the thread I've made:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1628066.new#new
gianni sperti

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 06:35:12 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2016, 12:38:22 PM by gianni sperti

Yes but dnote needs to do this as the form needs an email and specifications i don't understand.

Maybe looking for anyone making investments is too ambitious.
These people would need to be interested in anonymity from the start.
I can see a large amount of bitcoin users would be interested in something bitcoin doesn't offer.

Could people also help out and give their advice on the thread I've made:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1628066.new#new
It's good to look at bitcoin users. Maybe we can start from them.

However I find a bit annoying that everything has to do with bitcoin.

We also need to find people out from the sphere of bitcoin.

Bitcoin users became as such because they saw some opportunity with it or features they were interested in.

I wish we don't just have to attract Bitcoin or Monero users to XDN. It's time that people will start to look at the world of digital currencies first from DigitalNote, so that DigitalNote is able to attract its own users and Bitcoin will start to be weak.

We need to have plans and being ambitious.
natall.com

Activity: 97

net profit: 2700$

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 08:04:22 PM

It is a good to look at bitcoin users. Maybe we can start from them.

However I find a bit annoying that everything has to do with bitcoin.

We also need to find people out from the sphere of bitcoin.

Bitcoin users became as such because they saw some opportunity with it or features they were interested in.

I wish we don't just have to attract Bitcoin or Monero users to XDN. It's time that people will start to look at the world of digital currencies first from DigitalNote, so that DigitalNote is able to attract its own users and Bitcoin will start to be weak.

We need to have plans and being ambitious.
I dont really like bitcoin, i like xmr and xdn much better. BTC is becoming more and more centralized, this always happen as the price of the PoW currency increases. To be honest i am not really a fan on PoS but i guess it is better than a few giant asic farms having over 50% of the hash-rate.

Looks like XDN went down again, i sold half mine at 26.5 satoshi(avarage), it was painful but i had to cut my losses. I will keep the rest of my XDN for now and maybe invest more again if i see things moving in the right direction.

I actually hate trading and i am never happy.
gianni sperti

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 11:46:16 AM

To XDN

When are you going to start marketing?

You are pretty much absent from any social network. How do you think people will know about you?

You haven't even posted a Youtube video that addresses what is XDN, its features and why it is better than other altcoins.

See, even if we start marketing on your behalf (for our own decision) our efforts would be useless, because all the people we try to contact, will look deep into XDN before putting their money and they will find almost nothing.

Hardly people will leave a coin (with its advantages and disadvantages) they know for something not known coupled with a poor marketing.

The devs can work as hard as they can and they can even develop the most technological features that can ever be conceived from human mind, but as long as there is no marketing, all their efforts, time, and money would be a waste.

I believe that is in your and our interest that you also need to focus on marketing seriously if we wanna give a bright future to this coin.

I and other users will help you to widespread the XDN to other forums for people awareness. However everything has to start from you guys and need to be constant with it.

Kindly waiting for your reply.
sbtctalk

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 11:48:46 AM

To XDN

You are pretty much absent from any social network. How do you think people will know about you?

You haven't even posted a Youtube video that addresses what is XDN, its features and why it is better than other altcoins.

See, even if we start marketing on your behalf (for our own decision) our efforts would be useless, because all the people we try to contact, will look deep into XDN before putting their money and they will find almost nothing.

Hardly people will leave a coin (with its advantages and disadvantages) they know for something not known coupled with a poor marketing.

The devs can work as hard as they can and they can even develop the most technological features that can ever be conceived from human mind, but as long as there is no marketing, all their efforts, time, and money would be a waste.

I believe that is in your and our interest that you also need to focus on marketing seriously if we wanna give a bright future to this coin.

I and other users will help you to widespread the XDN to other forums for people awareness. However everything has to start from you guys and need to be constant with it.

Perhaps there can be a more private and formal channel where keen members are willing to contribute to the success of XDN. For a start, there is a need to get into Yobit and Shapeshift

gianni sperti

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 12:01:41 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2016, 12:37:27 PM by gianni sperti

To XDN

Perhaps there can be a more private and formal channel where keen members are willing to contribute to the success of XDN. For a start, there is a need to get into Yobit and Shapeshift
That's matter of capital I think. All the altcoins there have a higher capital than XDN

Poor marketing = low capital = no shapeshift no Yobit
Rockie1234

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 12:58:26 PM

I can file a report to add it to yobit. All I need is someone to tell me what secp256k1 ver means. The options for it are no, old and new.
Once I know, I can request XDN to be added.

Could someone make a tutorial on YouTube about the wallet?

Also, should we setup a slack channel for DigitalNote?
natall.com

Activity: 97

net profit: 2700$

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 02:25:05 PM

I can file a report to add it to yobit. All I need is someone to tell me what secp256k1 ver means. The options for it are no, old and new.
I think monero uses secp256r1 and not secp256k1 (eliptic curve), the same should be true for other cryptonote coins, i will try to find more info. My guess is that the answer is "no".

I actually hate trading and i am never happy.
anarchrist

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:50:30 PM

To XDN

this is sooo on point. devs need to get out there and let people know XDN is a thing. otherwise this coin will never be worth more than 35 or 40 sats. iv have been following XDN for almost 2 years and devs have done nothing in terms of marketing. you guys need to do it yourselfs or pay someone to do it for you. people will soon leave this coin for better marketed ones. please PLEASE do somthing.
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:57:20 PM

this is sooo on point. devs need to get out there and let people know XDN is a thing. otherwise this coin will never be worth more than 35 or 40 sats. iv have been following XDN for almost 2 years and devs have done nothing in terms of marketing. you guys need to do it yourself or pay someone to do it for you. people will soon leave this coin for better marketed ones. please PLEASE do something.
We cannot expect the devs to do marketing , it is enough that they do development almost for free. What i think will be needed is an investor willing to spend a lot of money on this buying up a large share and market it, i am personally not willing to do that since i need my savings for starting a business.

anarchrist

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 06:32:59 PM

this is sooo on point. devs need to get out there and let people know XDN is a thing. otherwise this coin will never be worth more than 35 or 40 sats. iv have been following XDN for almost 2 years and devs have done nothing in terms of marketing. you guys need to do it yourself or pay someone to do it for you. people will soon leave this coin for better marketed ones. please PLEASE do something.
We cannot expect the devs to do marketing , it is enough that they do development almost for free. What i think will be needed is an investor willing to spend a lot of money on this buying up a large share and market it, i am personally not willing to do that since i need my savings for starting a business.

why would you not expect them to market their own coin? its not going to market its self.  they develop it for free and by their own choice like every other dev. surely they hold XDN, they would benefit just as much as we would by marketing it. no one will invest in a coin that no one knows about. it just will not happen. they are going to need to take the first steps and the first steps are free. start an official twitter/facebook and be active on it. slack?  youtube videos? People want to hear from the devs not randoms who own a few XDN. after they do that and only after will people actually invest large sums of money into this coin. Miners mine and holders hold that's our job done. its on the dev team to show us and everyone else why their coin is worth owning.
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 07:02:06 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2016, 08:18:17 PM by adolf512

why would you not expect them to market their own coin? its not going to market its self.  they develop it for free and by their own choice like every other dev. surely they hold XDN, they would benefit just as much as we would by marketing it. no one will invest in a coin that no one knows about. it just will not happen. they are going to need to take the first steps and the first steps are free. start an official twitter/facebook and be active on it. slack?  youtube videos? People want to hear from the devs not randoms who own a few XDN. after they do that and only after will people actually invest large sums of money into this coin. Miners mine and holders hold that's our job done. its on the dev team to show us and everyone else why their coin is worth owning.
We have not heard anything from "Satoshi Nakamoto" since 2010 but bitcoin didn't fail. My belief is that we should reach a point where no more hardforks should be done and the devs should no longer be needed. XDN is of course not a finished coin yet, PoA is a huge change and should be done before the coin gets large. We dont want to end up with an etherium situation(hardforking a billion dollar network in a questionable direction).

One problem i see is that we have no clear schedule for when PoA will be implemented, ideally this should be decided even before launching the coin, unfortunately that wont be possible for XDN but i have some ideas in the case anyone is interested in starting a fresh PoA currency.

sbtctalk

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 08:08:19 PM

Once I know, I can request XDN to be added.

Could someone make a tutorial on YouTube about the wallet?

Also, should we setup a slack channel for DigitalNote?

I think monero uses secp256r1 and not secp256k1 (eliptic curve), the same should be true for other cryptonote coins, i will try to find more info. My guess is that the answer is "no".

It will be nice if the developers could assist. At the end of the day, they are the project owners. What we could do is to give opinions and advice the various ways to keep the project moving forward.

Developers tend to have a deep passion for programming and improving their own product but sometimes they may neglect or overlook other matters. I know some hard core programmers are not interested in other stuffs apart from coding.

Some of us here have proposed the need to (1) Increase market capitalization and (2) improve publicity.

We should always clear the easiest hurdle first. Earlier, we hope to increase market capitalization by introducing the coin to Yobit and Shapeshift. Introducing XDN to Yobit is certainly the next easiest task to handle.

I am not sure what is the requirements to get into Shapeshift.

gianni sperti

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 08:43:24 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2016, 11:59:40 AM by gianni sperti

What do you mean we cannot expect the devs to do marketing? I don't know who but someone from the XDN group (devs or founder) has to do it, like is happening with the other altcoins.

I firmly believe that is also in the interest of the XDN team to do marketing. Why? They work hard for a project no one will know about it nor will use it and cant make some money out of it. It's not a very intelligent thing to do. It's a big waste.

Which investor would be willing to spend a large amount of money for a group of people he doesn't know?

For instance who are the devs and founders? What's their background? What was their biggest achievement? What's their aim? How many people/devs work in this project? Do they have a deadline? How many hours per week do they work on this project? How much they are reliable? etc

What they can do, though, it's to look for someone (and this requires some publicity) who knows something about marketing  who really believes in XDN, and is willing to do marketing for them, gaining some XDN coins for free, and that eventually through marketing made by him/her the XDN price will grow in value and that would be their salary for the job.

Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: