Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:51:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Going after Trendon Shavers, Pirateat40, BTCST  (Read 48467 times)
reeses
Donator

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

Assholier-than-thou retard magnet

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 11:01:23 PM

Humphrey Bogarts may be found already Wink but they do no good in virtuality

we need him to feel a real world transmission of contact....that may be enough....to save a lot of efforts and monies, sleazy laywers and judges would extort otherwise.

CK

Again, our blessed saint graces us with his genius.

Midget strip-o-gram.

The best kind of real world transmission of contact mankind has ever known.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Haplo

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 11:07:21 PM

I don't want to detract from the value of your listing this info, and I don't want to run this thread off the rails. However, I think the only bit of evidence we have for the 5.5M USD figure is his single boast of 'controlling' 500K BTC in an irc session. No?

A few of the PPT ops have also stated what's on their balance sheets. We could at least pull together a lower bound figure, which is still in the millions, without having to go on his word alone.

I reckon a lot of the early GPUMAX demand was probably genuine external customers who wanted to use it for pool hopping, but compared to running a Ponzi scheme that's not hugely profitable for Pirate himself.

Possibly, although that still leaves unanswered questions.

It's not uncommon for people to (unconsciously) make up aliases that keep some traits of their real names (initials, syllables etc) without realizing it.

Trendon Shavers
Don Shrents

That's likely. Apparently "Trendon Shavers" appears on his ID, although I haven't seen it myself. If that really is who pirate is, then I'd say he either really intends to pay out, or else he's already got citizenship somewhere he can avoid prosecution. That, or he's incredibly stupid.

It usually takes 4-5 years to acquire citizenship in any country, which makes that less likely but not impossible.

Does anyone know how long it took between the time bitcoinica got hacked and the time they started processing claims? It's been 4 weeks or so for pirate now..

Reeses: Please stop quoting zyk. I'm already having to use the ignore button much more than I would like.

I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 11:13:38 PM

Humphrey Bogarts may be found already Wink but they do no good in virtuality

we need him to feel a real world transmission of contact....that may be enough....to save a lot of efforts and monies, sleazy laywers and judges would extort otherwise.
CK
Again, our blessed saint graces us with his genius.
Midget strip-o-gram.

The best kind of real world transmission of contact mankind has ever known.

Just now that you tell me : "The best kind of real world transmission of contact mankind has ever known."

So, thats really you ?

Cheers Zyk
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 11:19:30 PM

It usually takes 4-5 years to acquire citizenship in any country, which makes that less likely but not impossible.

Depends on the country, Cambodia is 6 weeks:

http://tdvpassports.com/
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 11:22:48 PM

Really is no point chasing this guy down unless you want to lay criminal charges. You won't get a dime back. Ponzi's work by paying new money out in interest payments, and unless new money comes in there's nothing left. That and ponzi operators like to blow some of it on their lifestyle, like expensive vacations, food, hotels in vegas (lol) but hardly any of them have any hard assets you can sue to get back. Even Madoff had barely anything to show for the $50 billion that disappeared. All that was left was some pocket change and his condos in his wife's name.

Just from googling seems this pirate guy liked to gamble, probably it was all pissed up a rope playing bitcoin poker and he has a $1 left to his name. Or maybe he blew it in vegas when he met everybody. I bet when you find him he has nothing to show for the tons of coins he stole just like every other busted ponzi scheme operator.

Instead you can sue each other to retrieve each other's interest payments claiming it was your own money, since it prob was. That's exactly what happened in the madoff case

reeses
Donator

Activity: 151

Assholier-than-thou retard magnet

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 11:28:07 PM

Reeses: Please stop quoting zyk. I'm already having to use the ignore button much more than I would like.

I do wish we had more flexible "ignore" and "unignore" capabilities, such as "unignore for thread" or "ignore replies".

I have him on ignore as well, but sometimes he's just so darned cute, like E.T. or Yoda.
zyk

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 11:34:48 PM

I do wish we had more flexible "ignore" and "unignore" capabilities, such as "unignore for thread" or "ignore replies".

I have him on ignore as well, but sometimes he's just so darned cute, like E.T. or Yoda.

Oh my Cutey, lets exchange mails and adresses then , may be we´ll

even marry in Vegas one day Cheesy

Cheers Zyk
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 12:11:03 AM

Goat!

You need to stop talking on this subject right now. If you think that asking for donations to fund a lawyer is going to help this issue, you are so ignorant of the processes of business that you are dangerous to yourself.

To wit:

Lawyers don't provide information to the FBI.

The FBI does not investigate international financial fraud.

You are as likely if not more so when compared to pirate to be charged in this affair- YOU were the agency of the commission of the crime in accepting money and CLAIMING you sent it off to someone else.

You are the last verifiable point where anybody can state with certainty where the money went, and you are the one coming up with excuses not to return people's funds to them.

You have a well documented history of making very poor decisions- who paid for the trip for you to have drinks with pirate in Vegas is not your investors?

Understand that everything you have said in this matter has been kept on file, and will show up again in the prosecution of this matter, and you are one of the ones most likely to be left without a chair when the music stops. Thus far, at least one of the PPT co-conspirators has refunded his investors, I suggest you do the same immediately and at least get yourself out of that level of trouble, because right now you have a massive target on your back.
Haplo

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 01:36:57 AM

Depends on the country, Cambodia is 6 weeks:

http://tdvpassports.com/

Nice info. Paraguay is apparently 2 days, whereas I thought it was more like 3 years. Not all places are equally good to hide, though.

@moni3z: That's basically the gist of it. If we can't have our BTC back, then we'll collect his head instead. Hopefully it won't come to that, but if it does we should be well prepared.

I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 01:42:26 AM

Has anyone added up the amount of btc passed via ppt operators to Pirate?  I'm not interested in what people believed their account balances to be, but the actual net number of Bitcoins that flowed in to pirate...

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 02:37:56 AM

2) He runs gpumax.com, which is registered under "Don Shrents".  A little investigation would easily dig up how these people are related.

Also, GPUMAX technologies LLC is a registered company in Texas.

Other managing members of GPUMAX Technologies:

Zach Nakaska (also on Business Cognition)
Michael Thalasinos

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
thebaron

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 05:43:58 AM

I think it's important to point out that we don't really know how many depositors he had. Lots of them could have been fluff to promote confidence.
dottom

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 08:11:13 AM

You are much more likely to see a charge for running an unregistered security than a Ponzi (where a Ponzi by definition is an unregistered security).

The only problem is if regulators go after Pirate for offering unregistered securities (whether the Ponzi aspect comes into play or not), they would go after EVERYONE.  All the exchanges here, GLBSE, etc. are illegal, unregistered securities from a US regulator's perspective.  They all pass the Dewey Test.

So while Pirate may have scammed many and you can lay Ponzi/fraud charges on top, having this community pursue civil or criminal action is kind of like a group of drug dealers getting together and complaining about the one dealer who scammed them.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 08:45:46 AM

Here's my latest thread dedicated to the Trendon Shavers/Pirate connection: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108932.0

Nite, all.

~Bruno~
cuz0882

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 09:04:27 AM

You are much more likely to see a charge for running an unregistered security than a Ponzi (where a Ponzi by definition is an unregistered security).

The only problem is if regulators go after Pirate for offering unregistered securities (whether the Ponzi aspect comes into play or not), they would go after EVERYONE.  All the exchanges here, GLBSE, etc. are illegal, unregistered securities from a US regulator's perspective.  They all pass the Dewey Test.

So while Pirate may have scammed many and you can lay Ponzi/fraud charges on top, having this community pursue civil or criminal action is kind of like a group of drug dealers getting together and complaining about the one dealer who scammed them.

Exactly, I don't why people are acting so naive. Everyone needs to take responsibility for their own investment decisions.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 09:20:29 AM

Exactly, I don't why people are acting so naive. Everyone needs to take responsibility for their own investment decisions.
+9000
zyk

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 10:14:32 AM

Thats to be found out yet !  if there is any glimmer of "investment"?   Our trophy is the scammers tag - and it will be once regarded as the most valuable symbol

of human kind after or even before the Cheops pyramid -  pun intended Wink

The corrupt fear us, the honest support us and the heroic join us !    Can you see the trees?

Cheers Zyk
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 10:25:54 AM

+9000

So, what you are saying is that only way to take this scammer down is by other means than legal action. Lets hope this happens soon.
Do not forget to post pictures for proof of capture etc.
He has to go down. FULL STOP.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 11:31:24 AM

The only problem is if regulators go after Pirate for offering unregistered securities (whether the Ponzi aspect comes into play or not), they would go after EVERYONE.  All the exchanges here, GLBSE, etc. are illegal, unregistered securities from a US regulator's perspective.  They all pass the Dewey Test.

+9000

So, what you are saying is that only way to take this scammer down is by other means than legal action. Lets hope this happens soon.
You are putting words in my mouth, of course, like a true troll...

I am advocating for a radical change in direction, far far away from any of these so called "investments".

And whiners who lost money in the latest scam, should eat their losses, and accept that they too were conspirators of an obvious ponzi scheme.

This is all of course if they truly care about Bitcoin and would like to see it succeed.  

If people want to go on a virtual witch hunt, I honestly couldn't think of anything more detrimental to Bitcoin.

It will just prolong this entire incident, and cause even more pain and losses.

IF they don't care about Bitcoin, then I really am not interested in giving those type of people even one minute of my time.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 11:39:55 AM

You are putting words in my mouth, of course, like a true troll...
[/quote]

I guess it takes one to know one. Why don you go and find out, wtf troll even means and then search for example how to use the word.

I am advocating for a radical change in direction, far far away from any of these so called "investments".

And whiners who lost money in the latest scam, should eat their losses, and accept that they too were conspirators of an obvious ponzi scheme.

This is all of course if they truly care about Bitcoin and would like to see it succeed.  

If people want to go on a virtual witch hunt, I honestly couldn't think of anything more detrimental to Bitcoin.

It will just prolong this entire incident, and cause even more pain and losses.

IF they don't care about Bitcoin, then I really am not interested in giving those type of people even one minute of my time.

Your 20/20 hindsight is adding exactly 0 value to this thread. OMG, you must be trolling Smiley

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: