Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:36:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Going after Trendon Shavers, Pirateat40, BTCST  (Read 48467 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 03:42:01 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2012, 03:59:06 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

My take is that he feels he's in a trap. Most the money is gone and the coins are locked away for future tapping. TS effed up in one major regard and that was letting his true identity be known for now his family is involved on his end. We don't know anything about Tom Williams or Zhou Tong's family. Hell, we even know what church TS attends(ed) thanks to his dad. Imagine if his dad was excommunicated due to him having a son who conducted the largest crypto-currency on the internet. Thanks to one man's actions, the whole family will forever feel the fallout caused by their kinfolk. Thus, it's this aspect alone that has Trendon Shavers the most concern. He could care less about those from which the money came from.

At some point, I envision the dad stepping in and doing everything possible to make this right and protect his family from any future scorn. That's the only hope left, I believe, in recovering any funds. As it already has been proven, there is no lawyer involved at Trendon's end. Just words.

~Bruno~

Are you familiar with the term "cognitive dissonance"?  You dox someone and incite others to do the same and are surprised at the results?  Are you one person or a team of trolls grinding out hundreds of posts a day?

Please allow me to write an edited, concise, clearer interpretation of your post.

I believe that we have exploited easy access to pirate's name and address(es) to involve his family in this mess.  Since shaming pirate on the forum or on IRC didn't work, we called his father about this debt in Internet money.  His dad seems a good egg and it would suck if we got him kicked out of church.

Since I know that pirate doesn't have the money, I hope his dad will dig into his retirement savings to pay us.

Am I close?

This may come to a shock to you, but am only one person. I was not aware of the term "cognitive dissonance" until now. To be fair and honest, your interpretation of my post post is pretty close, but not spot on. I guess my hope was to provide options along with expressing what may transpire next. My post was meant to add to the conversation and not dox.

Later, bud.

~Bruno~

EDIT: I remember you from last year, and was surprised to now see you only have 69 posts. Upon searching this site, I found the following:

Reeses is a Pirateat40/Trendon Shavers shill (who also attended the 'Last Supper) and deletes his tracks on a daily basis.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=9963

Please restore all of his posts.

Now I ask you this: Was bitlane close?

Why would anyone need to X out the following post? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62857.msg734632#msg734632 (locked, so I bolded text)

Quote from: reeses on February 06, 2012, 04:50:18 PM
Quote from: Inaba on February 06, 2012, 04:39:17 PM
Pfft, that's not a long haul flight.  14 hours is a long haul flight. :p  

Rats... well if you happen to come across some international vouchers, I'd be down for that.  Tired of paying $1500+ per ticket.

I hear you, brother.  HKG, LHR, CDG, DXB, AMD, DEL, BOM, MIA, SFO, SEA, SLC, EWR, JFK, LIH, CTU in the past year have made domestic flights a breeze.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 04:28:24 PM

i personally do not think we should go after family members but we should go after pirate with lawyers... that is what i am working on now.

extortion and wire fraud has a good ring to it...

Maybe you could launch an IPO on the GLBSE to finance this affair: shareholders will receive an amount of the loot recovered proportional to their shares. Maybe even some trade with listed PPT bonds could be arranged. And maybe on bitcointalk there is a lawyer specialized in this kind of issues...
El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 04:31:13 PM

i personally do not think we should go after family members but we should go after pirate with lawyers... that is what i am working on now.

Maybe you could launch an IPO on the GLBSE to finance this affair: shareholders will receive an amount of the loot recovered proportional to their shares. Maybe even some trade with listed PPT bonds could be arranged. And maybe on bitcointalk there is a lawyer specialized in this kind of issues...

Honestly I already thought about that. But it would be like selling pirate debt sorta. Also a lot of the recovered funds that I get will have to go to my bond holders. Sadly no one has offered to pay anyhting and some are even telling me not to sue cuz pirate wont pay... So meh...

I can't even get a lawyer with a decent response time cuz I'm in Thailand... Could really use a hand if anyone here is a lawyer. Thx

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 06:03:36 PM

I agree too although the authorities may keep bitcoin on the same level as Linden dollars or other virtual currencies. 

In the States it is illegal to call third parties to collect the debt of one of their family members.  It happens often and most collection agencies get away with it because they have a lot of funds, but imagine in civil court where Shavers says, "Oh I would have paid back but I was getting death threats and my family was being harassed and threatened."

This might come to a point that users of bitcoin need to organize themselves into trade unions or consumer groups that sign pledges with other groups to insure their members for negligent actions.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Haplo

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 06:20:08 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2012, 08:44:39 PM by Haplo

In the States it is illegal to call third parties to collect the debt of one of their family members.  It happens often and most collection agencies get away with it because they have a lot of funds, but imagine in civil court where Shavers says, "Oh I would have paid back but I was getting death threats and my family was being harassed and threatened."

That's the kind of shit I worry about, since the fucking morons here think it's cute to just dox anyone whether they have any legit involvement or not. And whoever that "don shrents" asshole is.. my guess is he's pirate, probably doxed his parents on purpose just for that. Of all the posts that deserve to disappear, the one that deserves it the most still seems to be here..

Of course, that's only an issue if someone will actually sic a lawyer on him before he walks away with however much money he's managed to scam.. idiots.

EDIT: nvm, I see dshrents has been verified by two people, although that was still a stupid thing to do.

In other news, I've already finished preparing the documentation that whatever lawyer is hired will need. That took much less time than I had expected, and as soon as goat hears back from his lawyer we could have clear instructions and an organization thread posted within minutes. We should have legal action moving no later than early next week, assuming a few people are willing to use their brains for a few minutes.

I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym
reeses
Donator

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

Assholier-than-thou retard magnet

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 08:59:58 PM

EDIT: I remember you from last year, and was surprised to now see you only have 69 posts. Upon searching this site, I found the following:

Reeses is a Pirateat40/Trendon Shavers shill (who also attended the 'Last Supper) and deletes his tracks on a daily basis.

I was at the dinner and am in the famous photo.  However, I have always kept my post count trimmed to a minimum necessary for some purpose, even before that kerfluffle.  I kept it at 69 for a while, then 100 because that was the "full member" status or whatever, and then for shits and grins when it annoyed people, I tried to keep it close to 10.  I've been letting it creep up again.

I posted somewhere but forgot where, that I generally delete my posts once they're quoted because it's no longer necessary to read it twice.  I also delete them if I think they're funny but they fall flat.  I also rely pretty heavily on "Show new replies to your posts" to keep track of threads in which I am actively participating (leaving "watch" for passive threads).  I started deleting to manage that load before "watch" was added and continued deleting posts because (no offense to you with your 40 bajillion posts) I don't want to have this reminder next to a picture of my head that I've wasted so much time on this forum.

Plus, fuck 'em, that's why.  If someone wants to know something, they can ask.  Or they can make things up, which is much more fun and popular.

I've never shilled for pirate, nor have I operated a PPT or encouraged people to invest in one.  I continuously questioned the rationality of the attacks on pirate (especially the, yes, cognitive dissonance of "it's a ponzi" and "he has five million dollars" in the same posts) and grew tired of arguing with people who only care about making their point, over, and over again.  I don't have time for that.  I also don't have time for the psychos on the forum.  One public threat of violence from an illiterate person was enough for me.

Why would anyone need to X out the following post? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62857.msg734632#msg734632 (locked, so I bolded text)

Rats... well if you happen to come across some international vouchers, I'd be down for that.  Tired of paying $1500+ per ticket.

I hear you, brother.  HKG, LHR, CDG, DXB, AMD, DEL, BOM, MIA, SFO, SEA, SLC, EWR, JFK, LIH, CTU in the past year have made domestic flights a breeze.

I think it was because I had sold the item under offer but couldn't delete the thread.  It was annoying to look at.  Need is irrelevant.  I wanted to.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 09:57:14 PM

Reeses, can I borrow 2500 BTC ?

I have 'this thing' that I will be getting soon, to pay you back.

Please send BTC to: 1BEw3Hj7xwCB1qv5CuU2CHM6i3Hcb92pyh

Thanks,
Allan

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 10:41:02 PM

He's not even coming close to "extortion". He's perfectly free to state that he's not going to pay certain people or that he's not going to pay anyone at all.  Those people are perfectly free to pursue legal remedies to obtain payment, but there are a multitude of ways in which he could fuck with that if he really wanted to and pretty much leave people who haven't been paid having to sue those who have been paid in order to recover funds.

Yes, you should go after him with lawyers, and one of the first things those lawyers should be looking at is freezing his non-Bitcoin assets.  If he's smart, he'll only have minimal non-Bitcoin assets.  You could try to obtain an order to freeze his known Bitcoin addresses, but no-one external can enforce such an order so he'd really only be risking contempt of court if he didn't comply - assuming you could prove to the satisfaction of a court that he actually controls those addresses - and the possible penalties for contempt of court will vary by jurisdiction.

What no-one can control is where any investigation leads.  You can't say to the SEC/the US Attorney's Office that you want pirate investigated for wire fraud and the like but that you don't want the PPT operators investigated.  That's not your call.   Should they investigate, they'll decide who to investigate and for what offences.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bitcorn

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 11:49:35 PM

Imagine if his dad was excommunicated due to him having a son who conducted the largest crypto-currency on the internet. Thanks to one man's actions, the whole family will forever feel the fallout caused by their kinfolk. Thus…

~Bruno~

Interesting, yet sad and unfortunate; wishing for this sort of thing to happen to people.

Forethought can be a fantastic thing. Sadly, it is often too late for that.

AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 11:51:44 PM

Many lawyers will get involved some people will end up with a small % of their initial deposit and pirate will be eating MrNoodles for the rest of his life.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 12:15:49 AM

The only reason that pirate has come forward today...

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 12:33:00 AM

Seeing how easy his first scam was why wouldnt he just get another forum account and run more similar scams in future ? Or just  invite any number of scammers in since nothing ever happens to people who scam bitcoins ?

Unless people have some recourse to justice the only thing they have left is law of the jungle or alternatively most people just wont bother using bitcoin.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 12:37:53 AM

I was at the dinner and am in the famous photo.  However, I have always kept my post count trimmed to a minimum necessary for some purpose, even before that kerfluffle.  I kept it at 69 for a while, then 100 because that was the "full member" status or whatever, and then for shits and grins when it annoyed people, I tried to keep it close to 10.  I've been letting it creep up again.

I posted somewhere but forgot where, that I generally delete my posts once they're quoted because it's no longer necessary to read it twice.  I also delete them if I think they're funny but they fall flat.  I also rely pretty heavily on "Show new replies to your posts" to keep track of threads in which I am actively participating (leaving "watch" for passive threads).  I started deleting to manage that load before "watch" was added and continued deleting posts because (no offense to you with your 40 bajillion posts) I don't want to have this reminder next to a picture of my head that I've wasted so much time on this forum.

Plus, fuck 'em, that's why.  If someone wants to know something, they can ask.  Or they can make things up, which is much more fun and popular.

I've never shilled for pirate, nor have I operated a PPT or encouraged people to invest in one.  I continuously questioned the rationality of the attacks on pirate (especially the, yes, cognitive dissonance of "it's a ponzi" and "he has five million dollars" in the same posts) and grew tired of arguing with people who only care about making their point, over, and over again.  I don't have time for that.  I also don't have time for the psychos on the forum.  One public threat of violence from an illiterate person was enough for me.

I think it was because I had sold the item under offer but couldn't delete the thread.  It was annoying to look at.  Need is irrelevant.  I wanted to.

Sending PM with apologies.

~Bruno~
blakdawg

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 01:13:00 AM

At some point, I envision the dad stepping in and doing everything possible to make this right and protect his family from any future scorn. That's the only hope left, I believe, in recovering any funds.

If that's your only hope, you're fucked. Mom and Dad still have an active Chapter 13 bankruptcy case open, started in 2008, 08-41485 (ED TX), in Feb 2011 the trustee filed a motion to dismiss their bankruptcy because they were not current on their court-ordered payment plan. That was corrected, and it looks like they'll be making payments through July 2013.

Drop me a PM if you want copies of documents, they're public records.
Duderin0

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 01:26:06 AM

Holy shit there are some paranoid people here.
dancingnancy

Activity: 661

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 01:27:57 AM

Bullshit.  How do we know Trendon's dad wasn't in on this shit?  Going broke makes people steal from others everyday.  I think the point the previous poster brought up about his parents in bankruptcy is important.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 01:47:39 AM

Yup. That is the best proof of anything I've seen on this forum in a while...

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 02:21:39 AM

Yup. That is the best proof of anything I've seen on this forum in a while...

I think I found my long lost cousin: http://maxkeiser.com/2012/08/25/latest-buzz-from-piratemyfilm-com-305/  (read the two comments)
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:47:37 AM

It's only paranoia if they actually steal $ 5,000,000.00 worth of bitcoins from you.

Oh crap, he actually did. The only paranoia should be pirate's, and maybe his father. If my son jacked that kind of dinero, I wouldn't make plans for him joining us at Thanksgiving dinner. He would either be in jail, or in the hospital.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:52:13 AM

It's kinda funny, but, all he (Trendon) had to do was tell people what was going on (with proof) and keep updating everyone if he was having problems and this would have NEVER reached the level of pirate-hatred that alot of people are feeling right now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: